A permanent solution for Thailand’s straying dogs

webfact

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think the only realistic start to finding a solution is through spaying 

the only problem is the cost which is borne by individuals and small organisations not the authorities.

In our area vets are now charging Baht 1000 plus to do the dogs 

The local Elephant camp provides a free service but made it so complicated that we just paid to have our youngest 3 done but then we can afford it 

1 minute ago, shiatsuman said:

I think the only realistic start to finding a solution is through spaying 

the only problem is the cost which is borne by individuals and small organisations not the authorities.

In our area vets are now charging Baht 1000 plus to do the dogs 

The local Elephant camp provides a free service but made it so complicated that we just paid to have our youngest 3 done but then we can afford it 

Not quite sure if you're referring to elephants, dogs, or kids there?

What a Nutter. There only One solution and that works 100 % . Not his permanent solution . He says the exterminating solution is more expensive then his solution,He's full of crap. I like to see the costs for new shelters/darting/neutering/spaying /feeding/relocating compared to a single .22 bullet and digging a hole or make money from selling them to eat.

5 hours ago, webfact said:

Anders believes the much maligned soi dogs are actually misunderstood. He even credited soi dogs with helping to minimise crime, saying their presence on the streets and outside properties actually keep away would-be intruders, making it nearly impossible for anyone to sneak around without being recognized.

He might have said as well, if we had more serial killers, there would probably be less drunk drivers on the road.
I had three dogs in my life and took good care of them. Maybe a permanent solution for these part time puppy lovers is needed. 

13 minutes ago, baansgr said:

Shoot them all and the idiots that fees them. Then start afresh with laws so it doesn't happen  again 

Shoot them all and the idiots that fees them.

Shoot em all , shoot em all ... , what kind of people are you ...? ( not need to answer ... , rhetoric question , read a thousand times ... )

BTW what means " fees " , you .....

4 hours ago, humbug said:

nice article

shame about the 'washington square' types on here who keep forgetting that humans on this land= 400,000+ with hiv, 27,000 road kills and millions of wildlife abused or killed without being used for unhealthy meat eaters. A few reactions by homeless animals is no need to keep requesting their deaths. Thailand has 1% of the worlds population but pollutes 16% of the ocean waste discharge. This low iq attitude throughout asia under crime gang dictatorships will end up killing every species on this planet. No need to keep blaming homeless animals who just want to live like all of us. We need to share this planet and stop asia destroying the oceans and forests before its too late

This low iq attitude throughout asia under crime gang dictatorships ...

Now, according to  your statistics who pollutes the environment of this planet most?

And  who has the larges carbon footprint on this planet?

It's great to speak about IQ as it exposes the speakers level too!

3 hours ago, RichardColeman said:

Maybe this nutcase would like to try and pacify the parents of children attacked by packs of dogs 

Perhaps he could also clean up all the disgusting stinking mess from the dogs soiling the streets

24 minutes ago, GinBoy2 said:

In the US the usual practice is to have a cat spayed at around 6 weeks. I had to strongarm my vet to spay my cat before 6 months! 

Guess the local (Thai) cats have no urge for 'hanky panky' when thei're 6 weeks old.

I always fail to understand how Thai authorities don't simply investigate and copy how such problems have been prevented or solved already in other countries. Those countries still have millions of dogs around, but they are not living on the streets. It's not rocket science.

Anyone who has bitten might see things differently and its the pack mentality that is worrying, one attacks and they all attack. They are there because someone opted out of taking care of their dog so gave the problem to someone else and its now out of control IMO, its time for the streets to cleared of the dogs and don't forget they cause accidents by being on the soi as well, while ever they remain this country will never be able to escape the label "third world."

5 hours ago, humbug said:

nice article

shame about the 'washington square' types on here who keep forgetting that humans on this land= 400,000+ with hiv, 27,000 road kills and millions of wildlife abused or killed without being used for unhealthy meat eaters. A few reactions by homeless animals is no need to keep requesting their deaths. Thailand has 1% of the worlds population but pollutes 16% of the ocean waste discharge. This low iq attitude throughout asia under crime gang dictatorships will end up killing every species on this planet. No need to keep blaming homeless animals who just want to live like all of us. We need to share this planet and stop asia destroying the oceans and forests before its too late

Always good to blame others and point onto bigger problems, isn't? 

Start here with the dogs, rise taxes, start ownership, and eliminate the rest! Easy as that. 

Much more than dogs it is people who kill people ... ( Earlier he tied the feet of his own son to a pram and tipped him into the sea at Bali Hai port in the middle of the night.... )

So kill them all as well not only the dogs ...?

a few nice posters here , but mostly toxic morons , as usual ...

Just now, jkcjag said:

I always fail to understand how Thai authorities don't simply investigate and copy how such problems have been prevented or solved already in other countries. Those countries still have millions of dogs around, but they are not living on the streets. It's not rocket science.

I think it is rocket science to them.

So many of those in government and the civil service seem to think the world revolves around Thailand, making them reluctant to accept 'foreign' ideas, as they see it as a loss of face.

Statistically speaking, attack of pack soi dogs on people is minuscule...what’s the number of fatal dog attacks in thailand? 

Thailand has far worse public health problems than soi dog attacks like TB malaria AIDS air pollution traffic accidents diabetes water safety domestic violence and drowning....

three chikdren under 18 drown every day on average in thailand....let that sink in....

put the money towards programs that  save lives....3 fatal dog attacks a year vs 1,000 child drownings s year? You decide...

4 hours ago, Vacuum said:

What about when these killer dogs try to kill kids?

One of a pack of three feral pests that attack me every time I pass on what is a public highway/right of way...

image.png.3118f78a1bed0b39104bf2883d3e455b.png

Collating evidence via a body worn camera has become necessary as it is increasingly likely that i'll end up dispatching one shortly in what will clearly be an act of self defence. 

3 hours ago, Bob12345 said:

PIck up your history books and find how that worked out with rats.
Bring in a rat's tail and get a reward.
Not too long and people opened rat-farms to get tails to earn money.

The idea nonetheless worked for Rabbits, Foxes, Pigeons, Corvids, Squirrels, Mink etc on the whole until the touchy-feely brigade put a stop to it.

2 hours ago, nobodysfriend said:

Disgusting comments by disgusting farangs ...!

Lucky that thailand has laws against the torture or killing of animals .

Nobody , especially farangs , is above the law .

And that is good like that .

Would you care to ask how many of the people you're slagging off own dogs & whether or not they're free to roam or have bitten anyone?

5 hours ago, Laza 45 said:

removing animals just creates a space for others to move in.

We don’t have stray dogs where I live and no one is moving in either ????????

pretty much safe without stray dogs. 

All dogs are behind gates and they would bark if feel some activities. 

There is no need to be bitten by dogs that think they own the whole soy.

6 hours ago, Laza 45 said:

He is not comparing soi dogs with traffic accidents.. he is comparing risk.. the risk of being injured or killed in a traffic accident is far greater than being  killed by rabies.. or a shark for that matter.. or many other things that kill people...   I believe he is right that they provide protection from prowlers at night.  Where I live most of the local dogs are owned and cared for.. if a stranger.. dog or person comes into the area at night the dogs all start barking and don't stop until they move on.. Yes, it can be annoying but it is good protection..  He does make good points.. Sterilization and immunization  is the best solution..  removing animals just creates a space for others to move in.. 

Where I live, people can't go by bicycle or a slow motorcycle without being attacked by all the dogs, and even school children have been attacked by packs of dogs roaming in to school grounds, and this is by dogs people "own and care about"... but still let run freely!!!
But hey, this is apparently not a problem for people like you and Anders Guldenskold. 

4 hours ago, stanleycoin said:

They should offer a reward for dogs brought in dead or alive.

Give Somchai and his mates flip flop and bum fluff,  70 baht a dog

Dog problem would be gone in a few months in Thailand.

Children can play in the Soi's , Parks,  Fields, Beaches,  and out side of home again.

with no fear of them being malled to bits by these animals.

Win Win,

PS. Also get rid of all Falang feeders and do gooders, via the airport.

Wouldn't that be nice.  :thumbsup:

And leave Thailand for people with your thinking.

What comes next 

Get rid of Thai's who think different to you

Archived