A permanent solution for Thailand’s straying dogs

webfact

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Runamile said:

Bit off-topic this. And there were a couple of small English errors. Overall, though please, please don't let Sara Mellouk back to Morocco or Germany. This was so, so much better, including the English, than most reporting we get to see on Thai Visa.

You write like that and expect us to trust your ability to spot errors in others writing?

2 minutes ago, Kieran00001 said:

If killing them doesn't work as their are too many of them then how the hell will sterilizing them?

The idea I think is if the alpha dog is sterilized, he won't let the others bang the females in the pack, hence preventing puppies. Correct me if I'm wrong.

6 minutes ago, DrTuner said:

The idea I think is if the alpha dog is sterilized, he won't let the others bang the females in the pack, hence preventing puppies. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Maybe, but we are talking about Thai dogs, They just don't care where 

and how they get it.  they sneak off when no one is looking :giggle:

6 minutes ago, Puchaiyank said:

I would recommend asking the Cambodians and Vietnamese for help...they seem to have successful animal control programs...????

They used to, remember seeing many dog-trucks on their way to Cambodia a few years ago but that's illegal now - thanks to all the do-gooders. there will be more Soi dogs soon as my family's bitch just gave birth to six more 'unwanted presents'.

I have two dogs of my own - both neutered.

Regarding the rat catching I've had both dogs and cats that were excellent rat catchers on the rice farm.

Exterminate all soi dogs, no more attacks no more rabies.

If it has been proven that the Soi dogs provide security then let those who wish to protect their property buy a dog, keep it inside & take responsibility for it!

What planet does this guy come from? 

I see very few of the dogs living a blissful life, most are covered in sores and limping.  The dogs that are still in some kind of shape are chasing people, biting and generally making a mess of the streets.

6 minutes ago, suave said:

What planet does this guy come from? 

I see very few of the dogs living a blissful life, most are covered in sores and limping.  The dogs that are still in some kind of shape are chasing people, biting and generally making a mess of the streets.

and some of the bitches

i have slit a few throats and even strangled a few by hand in the middle of the night. Pests destroy my crops and we have a legal right to get rid of them. My dogs dont behave like that because they are fed, have clean water, vaccinated, etc. Trusy me sissy boy killing of them is only an issue if you havent done it yet. I hold him then responsible for the attacks, rabies and even the sht i gota step in. <deleted> killed one of my dogs recently so i will kill all that enter my property out of sight of the neighbours.

This guy is an idiot. Soi dogs don't protect homes. Most homes are robbed by people you know. The dogs dont bark if they recognize. Load of rubbish.

1 hour ago, Bob12345 said:

And as counter-proof he could look at almost any highly developed country in Europe. 

In my home country (The Netherlands) there are about zero soi dogs.

So just because the government failed on Bali does not mean the method failed, it means the government failed.

Not really a valid argument, because The Netherlands DID NOT resolve the problem by culling them, or attempting to.

https://freebies.com/shareables/what-holland-did-to-eliminate-stray-dogs-is-extreme-but-very-effective.html

When I saw the title, I thought "  Wao, Thailand has found how to solve the soi dogs problem !  ", but no, it's just an interview of a man who thinks  that soi dogs are good

the only thing I agree with him is sterilization, but for all dogs which have no owner, even up country because dogs are also in the fields, beaches, not only in the street 

1 hour ago, stanleycoin said:

They should offer a reward for dogs brought in dead or alive.

Give Somchai and his mates flip flop and bum fluff,  70 baht a dog

Dog problem would be gone in a few months in Thailand.

Children can play in the Soi's , Parks,  Fields, Beaches,  and out side of home again.

with no fear of them being malled to bits by these animals.

Win Win,

PS. Also get rid of all Falang feeders and do gooders, via the airport.

Wouldn't that be nice.  :thumbsup:

Would definitely be nice to get rid of YOU !

Every single time the topic of stray dogs emerges, we get the same hackneyed cries of 'kill them all'. (in various forms)

A statement and sentiment which ignores the fact that such actions would not be acceptable to Thais due to Buddhist and cultural conditioning. And as has been often stated, culling is ultimately ineffective anyway.

Trap, Neuter, Release programmes have a good overall track record, so Mr. Guldenskold's suggestion has a double merit. It DOES work and it CAN be practiced here without offending local sensitivities.

Just now, Moonlover said:

Every single time the topic of stray dogs emerges, we get the same hackneyed cries of 'kill them all'. (in various forms)

A statement and sentiment which ignores the fact that such actions would not be acceptable to Thais due to Buddhist and cultural conditioning. And as has been often stated, culling is ultimately ineffective anyway.

Trap, Neuter, Release programmes have a good overall track record, so Mr. Guldenskold's suggestion has a double merit. It DOES work and it CAN be practiced here without offending local sensitivities.

Who will pay for the Rabies injections??

10 minutes ago, canthai55 said:

What a load of manure. Tell that to the 4 year old attacked by a pack of dogs near our village.

One solution - and only one ...

12 g.jpg

Yes, we used to call it an,  Eley Pill in the uk.

Bit messy,  but it was very effective on Mr Fox and Mr Rabbit.

So, sure would be ok for Mr Soi dog. :thumbsup:

1 hour ago, Bob12345 said:

And as counter-proof he could look at almost any highly developed country in Europe. 

In my home country (The Netherlands) there are about zero soi dogs.

So just because the government failed on Bali does not mean the method failed, it means the government failed.

People in many western countries spend money on their animals and pay vet bills, have their animals neutered.

Thai rarely can afford to do this.

4 minutes ago, RJRS1301 said:

People in many western countries spend money on their animals and pay vet bills, have their animals neutered.

Thai rarely can afford to do this.

If Thai cannot afford to pay vet bills or have their dogs neutered, they maybe SHOULD NOT GET A DOG IN THE FIRST PLACE!

How about that?

7 minutes ago, nobodysfriend said:

Organisations like soi dog do that without payment , they are funded by thousands of supporters , one of them is me ...

Thanks for contributing to keeping the soi dog problem unsolved.

Archived