Britain in Brexit chaos - parliament crushes May's EU deal again

webfact

25 minutes ago, bomber said:

it makes little difference now,any soft or soft soft brexit the damage done will outlast the majority of people over 55-60,the brexit people voted for in whatever form is not possible and a soft or softer brexit is still worse than being still in the EU,its coalition govts for the foreseeable future and as for foreign investment/jobs we can forget about it,who in their right mind is going to want to come to the UK or even stay in the UK,wait till the forthcoming recession bites and remember the the whole mess was Made in Great Britain

Made in England ... and Wales.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, bomber said:

great enjoy you 40bt pound while you can,even better if its a hard brexit you might get 36 ???? 

If it's wot you lot insist upon calling a hard brexit i will be elated!????

To me the phrase is leave.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, evadgib said:

If it's wot you lot insist upon calling a hard brexit i will be elated!????

To me the phrase is leave.

brexit must of cost you £10k-20k so far and to think you wont even see it must be hard to swallow.????,perhaps your wife might swallow it a bit easier

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Spidey said:

If I had thought that there was the remotest chance of you being right, I would have voted for Brexit too. However, for me, voting remain was a no brainer.

BTW. Love your signature line (Barroso quote). Brexiteers have always used that quote against remainers who suggest a second referendum. Now May's deal has been rejected twice. She now want's, nay insists, on a third vote and has intimated that if it doesn't pass she wants a fourth vote. Oh the irony, oh the hypocrisy!

I had that sig before May was PM, I think. Long time anyway. Yes an actual Barroso quote. Shows what a bunch of great guys and gals they are! May didn't learn the trick so well but who knows? Maybe she'll hit a six?  

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, Laughing Gravy said:

No You said just the 47 MP's of the ERG would, so get the fact what you stated correct. I clearly shown that it is not just the ERG.

I hope you are not one of those posters who tries to present a portion of what they said as fact.

Why don't you get real. <deleted> hopeless

9 minutes ago, bomber said:

whoops so sorry,you are correct

Just seen a Newsnight clip on You Tube. They went to Port Talbot, the Steel town. The guy that owned the chippy, Steve, with his Thai or Philipino wife, bemoaning the betrayal. Perhaps he thought that Brexit meant his wife would be sent home? :cheesy:

And the rest were as dumb as <deleted>. I think GB deserves what it gets.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, bomber said:

great enjoy you 40bt pound while you can,even better if its a hard brexit you might get 36 ???? 

36 will be a result if they press the doomsday button. But they will have 'taken back control' so will not trouble themselves with piffling issues such as the sterling exchange rate. Anyway, this isn't going to happen and we shall save them from their xenophobic wet dreams, just don't expect any praise for our selfless actions. We are traitors and un-democratic remoaners who can't accept the WILL of the British PEOPLE. Aah yes, the Triumph of the Will - One People, One Country, One Brexit - no thanks. 

Still, no-one here signed up for Nigel's March -  my tenner is still on the table for any Brexiteer who wants crowdfunding to go home and fight for Brexit in the Homeland. In fact, I' m feeling generous I'll double it to 20 squids. To get the ball rolling - any takers?

Incidentally, the People's Vote has dominance on google when I tried to find Nigel's cunning plan. So the liberal social media which egged you on has well and truly turned against you. Outmanoeuvred, outflanked and out of time. 

Farige , pee-up, brewery re-arrange the words to make a well-known phrase,,,,,

https://marchtoleave.co.uk/

https://www.indy100.com/article/brexit-nigel-farage-march-to-leave-brexit-betrayal-prank-site-hijack-8818951

Edited by beautifulthailand99

2 minutes ago, AlexRich said:

Just seen a Newsnight clip on You Tube. They went to Port Talbot, the Steel town. The guy that owned the chippy, Steve, with his Thai or Philipino wife, bemoaning the betrayal. Perhaps he thought that Brexit meant his wife would be sent home? :cheesy:

And the rest were as dumb as <deleted>. I think GB deserves what it gets.

Yeah, right. Better than we have now. As the main reason for voting leave was that it must be better than we have now as Tory austerity bit. The government is to blame not the EU. 

24 minutes ago, bomber said:

Even if it did get worse and folded why be the first to jump years before,you lot always shout about how strong the UK is and how great the pound is,so if the EU went down we should be in good position to recover first,the timing of brexit was a joke,we were top of the growth table at the time,and now a nice world recession looming to go with the companies ready to leave.

Good of you to acknowledge the possibility of the EU folding. Years before? How will you know that in time?

The pound hasn't been that great since WW2 and especially since 1975.

You are right. We probably should have had the Brexit referendum much sooner. Long overdue. Say in 1992, pre Masstricht? ???? 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, nauseus said:

Good of you to acknowledge the possibility of the EU folding. Years before? How will you know that in time?

You are right. We probably should have had the Brexit referendum much sooner. Long overdue. Say in 1992, pre Masstricht? ???? 

It wont fold in your lifetime if at all...but keep dreaming

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, nauseus said:

Maybe you missed the 76 baht we had in 2003 - I lived like a King in Bangkok. What happy times to be youngish and alive.... I paid for a party in a Bar in Soi 36 for 15 people and still had change from a 100 quid those were the days. 

Edited by beautifulthailand99

1 minute ago, beautifulthailand99 said:

a HARD BREXIT gives them the rise- I do hope they have a willing partner to stop them from getting frustrated. ????????????

No mate, that's what a Brexiteer's right hand is for. Easy to spot a Brexiteer, they all have hairy palms.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, stephenterry said:

Yeah, right. Better than we have now. As the main reason for voting leave was that it must be better than we have now as Tory austerity bit. The government is to blame not the EU. 

You voted leave because you thought it would be better than austerity? Are you Welsh? 

:cheesy:

7 minutes ago, beautifulthailand99 said:

Maybe you missed the 76 baht we had in 2003 - I lived like a King in Bangkok. What happy times to be youngish and alive.... I paid for a party in a Bar in Soi 36 for 15 people and still had change from a 100 quid those were the days. 

I understand. Better than 1985 when it briefly went down to 29 to the baht. I still had too much of a great time to moan about it all day!

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Spidey said:

No mate, that's what a Brexiteer's right hand is for. Easy to spot a Brexiteer, they all have hairy palms.

My mate at Spoonies said remainers are all soft.    

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, AlexRich said:

You voted leave because you thought it would be better than austerity? Are you Welsh? 

:cheesy:

No I didn't. But many unemployed in middleborough considered that by voting leave would be bettervthan it was then. Blame the UK government.

A particular nasty reported post has been removed as have subsequent responses to it.

Also a troll comment and response removed.

7) You will respect fellow members and post in a civil manner. No personal attacks, hateful or insulting towards other members, (flaming) Stalking of members on either the forum or via PM will not be allowed.

8.) You will not post disruptive or inflammatory messages, vulgarities, obscenities or profanities.

9) You will not post inflammatory messages on the forum, or attempt to disrupt discussions to upset its participants, or trolling. Trolling can be defined as the act of purposefully antagonizing other people on the internet by posting controversial, inflammatory, irrelevant or off-topic messages with the primary intent of provoking other users into an emotional response or to generally disrupt normal on-topic discussion.