Britain in Brexit chaos - parliament crushes May's EU deal again

webfact

39 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

And Corbyn isn’t leading Brexit, therefore not the cause of its failure.

But scatter the blame why don’t you. 

He was certainly a contributor to the failure of the Remain campaign and his continued foot-dragging a major factor of the current situation.

• Confused 1

5 minutes ago, vogie said:

Renegers, what bargaining power will the UK have if no deal leaves the table. They voted to leave the EU, taking no deal off the table is the process to remain in the EU, nothing less.

Threatening to shoot yourself is not a negotiating position.

• Like 1

I don't care about the UK but surely they're better off out of the modern day EU which is now loaded up with 3rd world economies and Turkey is soon to worsen the situation. These countries will behave the same as Greece and bludge off wealthier members goodwill and credit lines.

I can see Germany pulling out soon.

I bet their still pissed with Greece.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Loiner said:

Shh. Don’t say anything like that. They don’t like it you know. They will probably censor it away from view.

Actually we are focused on the no-deal Brexit vote in the Commons today.

Edited by SheungWan
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Lucius verus said:

I don't care about the UK but surely they're better off out of the modern day EU which is now loaded up with 3rd world economies and Turkey is soon to worsen the situation. These countries will behave the same as Greece and bludge off wealthier members goodwill and credit lines.

I can see Germany pulling out soon.

I bet their still pissed with Greece.

I can see lots of things with wacky tobaccie.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Loiner said:

They won’t have voted down The Withdrawal Act or it’s Exit Day, which is 29th March 2019 at 11:00 pm. That’s already a law and subject to other procedures to change it.

I am informed that sometimes night follows day.

• Like 2

I am curious to know which solid reason the E.U. would accept to grant extension , short or long …., could be a tricky question ,with demands ... heard some rumors 

Edited by david555

1 hour ago, melvinmelvin said:

I am not addressing lengths of events

but may-deal and no-deal being sorted the first day

never mind - not important - can't be bothered to wade back through the threads

I am quoting Andrea Leadsome, leader of the house. This week's business.

16 minutes ago, vogie said:

Renegers, what bargaining power will the UK have if no deal leaves the table. They voted to leave the EU, taking no deal off the table is the process to remain in the EU, nothing less.

Taking 'no deal' off the table removes the catastrophic effect of an economic disaster that very few MPs would relish or support. Remaining in the EU under our current terms is the best deal that the UK could expect - far better than any other leaving deal that parliament could muster. 

I have not read any posts that support leaving the EU, in whatever shape or form, that details the personal benefits of leaving. That the UK can make trade deals with the Falklands doesn't exactly rock my boat, neither does it help me in any way. 

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, vogie said:

Correct , I agree with your analysis. Thankfully, it will shortly be cancelled, or, to use the technical terminology, postponed indefinitely! Rejoice, rejoice rejoice, as Mrs T once said.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, stephenterry said:

I have not read any posts that support leaving the EU, in whatever shape or form, that details the personal benefits of leaving.

Where have you been for the last 3 years on TV. We have had at least two of the biggest threads on the subject of brexit removed, so either you haven't been here long or you didn't read any of those and current threads.

I would go over it all but it has been done to death.

• Like 1

Won’t you feel a bit daft on 30th March when that doesn’t happen?

Even the arch Remainers are not so sure now.
Chance of no-deal Brexit has 'significantly increased', says EU – as it happened
https://www.theguardian.com/politics/live/2019/mar/12/brexit-mps-vote-theresa-may-backstop-deal-jeremy-corbyn-politics-live

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, beautifulthailand99 said:

Correct , I agree with your analysis. Thankfully, it will shortly be cancelled, or, to use the technical terminology, postponed indefinitely! Rejoice, rejoice rejoice, as Mrs T once said.

Voters will not rejoice, quite the opposite. And those who delight in the prospect of democracy being thrown out will be sorely disappointed - there's simply no logical alternative.

Edited by timbothaivisa
  • Like 2

The EU don’t want no deal, and neither does Parliament. You don’t think that these conversations have not already been had? 

The EU May ‘give’ us no deal:
Donald Tusk said: “On the EU side we have done all that is possible to reach an agreement ... With only 17 days left to 29 March, today’s vote has significantly increased the likelihood of a no-deal Brexit.”
One of those days has gone already!

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app
  • Like 1

Yes,Brexit hopes are fading fast.

Lets examine the facts -

1) MPs cant agree on a deal

2)MPs won`t vote for " No deal "

So that means that an impasse has been reached.The only way out would seem to be a second referendum ( Which remain would win ) , or a general election to give Parliament the authority to cancel Brexit.

What a sorry state of affairs,real democracy thwarted by self-serving politicians.

• Like 2