Best Software For Learning Ms Office

fanciman

First question is do you want Office 2007 (just released) or Office 2003 ? The user interface in Office 2007 is completely different, so any instructional materials are completely different. Many people will stick with Office 2003.

What would you recommend as a good curriculum for learning about MS Office?

I highly recommend "Microsoft Office 2000 for Windows for Dummies" (not sure if they have a MS Office 2003 available). I taught MS Office to adult ed. students for 10 years and found the dummies series an excellent booklet for starter students. As for more advanced students, there are a number of books out there targeting specific areas, most of which are twice the price (or more) than the dummies series. I never had my students purchase any advanced materials and provided them with my own handouts, which covered my classes.

If you haven't purchased the software as yet, recommend you stay away from the newly released 2007 version as it has numerous changes/look compared to older versions and there are probably a number of bugs/kinks that will require updates/fixes.