EU says UK must justify any Brexit delay

webfact

12 hours ago, Grouse said:

Meanwhile...

You're all missing the key issues

There were, Are and will be many variations of Brexit.

None of these have even been discussed, let alone debated 

Why?

This exercise should have been done before A50 was enacted.

On who's authority did May put all her red lines in place? On who's authority did she give so many concessions without debate?

You see I am sure that a deal could have been negotiated which would give most people most of what they wanted.

Instead of wasting so much time on a deal that pleases no one we need a crossbench committee to look at the options and test these in parliament. 

I truely believe that that it is not beyond the wit of the HoC to come up with an equitable solution. May has right royally screwed up the whole thing and must be sacked forthwith. 

We we can then got on with work that should have been started 3 years ago 

I firmly believe and the evidence seems to be showing that May always wanted the UK to stay in the EU. in fact she has done a marvelous job for the EU. She has screwed it up for the UK for the EU she has done a first class job. Why else would she continually get defeated. any other normal PM would have resigned unless her objective was always to keep the UK in the EU.

• Replies 325
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 hours ago, Grouse said:

Meanwhile...

You're all missing the key issues

There were, Are and will be many variations of Brexit.

None of these have even been discussed, let alone debated 

Why?

This exercise should have been done before A50 was enacted.

On who's authority did May put all her red lines in place? On who's authority did she give so many concessions without debate?

You see I am sure that a deal could have been negotiated which would give most people most of what they wanted.

Instead of wasting so much time on a deal that pleases no one we need a crossbench committee to look at the options and test these in parliament. 

I truely believe that that it is not beyond the wit of the HoC to come up with an equitable solution. May has right royally screwed up the whole thing and must be sacked forthwith. 

We we can then got on with work that should have been started 3 years ago 

Should have done this, should have done that......

3 minutes ago, Laughing Gravy said:

I firmly believe and the evidence seems to be showing that May always wanted the UK to stay in the EU. in fact she has done a marvelous job for the EU. She has screwed it up for the UK for the EU she has done a first class job. Why else would she continually get defeated. any other normal PM would have resigned unless her objective was always to keep the UK in the EU.

Unhappy man.

Just now, Laughing Gravy said:

Yes we all know he tried to change the PMs mind and he couldn't. he was brexit secretary. So that doesn't change anything or trying to discredit the man.

David Davis voted for the deal a long time after resigning.

6 hours ago, Basil B said:

Well we see at least two defined groups of vote leavers, those that want out no deal,two fingers to the EU and those who want all the privileges of a club with paying the subs... neither of these two groups equates to anything like 50% of those who voted in the referendum...   

Not sure the point of that, other than a sampling exercise for a research paper. The only thing to focus on right now re the referendum is how Parliament deals with the outcome of the Brexit result. So far, we have had votes ruling out both Hard Brexit and a second referendum, though both are still hanging around in the event of a delay being implemented. And no-deal still sits there on the March 29 deadline.

5 minutes ago, SheungWan said:

So far, we have had votes ruling out both Hard Brexit and a second referendum, though both are still hanging around in the event of a delay being implemented. And no-deal still sits there on the March 29 deadline.

There is a squeeze going on somewhere.

Not sure what the endgame is.

On 3/14/2019 at 10:24 PM, Chomper Higgot said:

Parliament has stepped up and taken control off the idiots in the Cabinet.

Or

We’ll use the time to make the plan that was never made.

Or

We’ll use the time to investigate who paid for Brexit and why.

The answer to No 3 is Soras and others powerful financiers.

7 hours ago, SheungWan said:

Smart Alec

Smart Alec

Smart Alec

How about some smart ideas about how to deal with the situation 

Just barracking from the sidelines is unhelpful 

7 hours ago, SheungWan said:

5 minutes ago, Grouse said:

Smart Alec

Smart Alec

Smart Alec

How about some smart ideas about how to deal with the situation 

Just barracking from the sidelines is unhelpful 

Invest in an expensive rear-view mirror.

24 minutes ago, evadgib said:

I'm sorry to hear that DD, I think he's the best of a bad bunch although I have no idea how anyone could build a cabinet these days.

He had the conviction to resign over the "deal" after Chequers, so this doesn't make sense, unless he knows of a flaw (in the already flawed deal) that can be used to advantage. Perhaps he sees being out as a priority and that a collapse of the EU would void any other UK obligations to it?   

If I had my life over again and was punished for my sins by coming back as a handsome Hard Brexiteer MP I would seriously consider now voting for the Theresa May motion as a better deal than what potentially sits around the corner.

8 minutes ago, nauseus said:

He had the conviction to resign over the "deal" after Chequers, so this doesn't make sense, unless he knows of a flaw (in the already flawed deal) that can be used to advantage. Perhaps he sees being out as a priority and that a collapse of the EU would void any other UK obligations to it?   

Perhaps he is now prepared to take the offer on the table versus losing more than that.

20 minutes ago, Grouse said:

Thanks for that. 

We can now see what a poor chap he is.

I'm wary of them as you well know Grouse but i'm intrigued as to whats coming next from either direction.

Does Farange need a new cushion for his telly chair?

Image result for speakers wool sack

8 hours ago, Laughing Gravy said:

The one consistency with the ardent Brexiteers on TVF is a failure to acknowledge that the "promises" sold to them were for the purposes of securing their votes, they were never actually deliverable. And the other consistency is resorting to blaming other people for the failure to deliver on those promises. The leave campaigners talked as if you simply write down a list of what you want and the EU sign up to it, and off you go. They didn't seem to consider that the EU would also have a list of things that they wanted, including not wanting to change the way they operate and encourage other countries to also "have their cake and eat it". It was a negotiation, with a strong counterparty, and it would inevitably end in a compromise that both parties could live with.

But ... still ... easier to blame someone else, it means you don't have to engage in self-reflection?

32 minutes ago, evadgib said:

I'm wary of them as you well know Grouse but i'm intrigued as to whats coming next from either direction.

Does Farange need a new cushion for his telly chair?

Image result for speakers wool sack

Not sure if them from the other house will have any say in this? pity...

21 minutes ago, AlexRich said:

The one consistency with the ardent Brexiteers on TVF is a failure to acknowledge that the "promises" sold to them were for the purposes of securing their votes, they were never actually deliverable. And the other consistency is resorting to blaming other people for the failure to deliver on those promises. The leave campaigners talked as if you simply write down a list of what you want and the EU sign up to it, and off you go. They didn't seem to consider that the EU would also have a list of things that they wanted, including not wanting to change the way they operate and encourage other countries to also "have their cake and eat it". It was a negotiation, with a strong counterparty, and it would inevitably end in a compromise that both parties could live with.

But ... still ... easier to blame someone else, it means you don't have to engage in self-reflection?

Gravy's post was about May. Nothing to do with promises from either side. 

1 minute ago, nauseus said:

Gravy's post was about May. Nothing to do with promises from either side. 

His post was about May's failure to deliver his Brexit. A conspiracy involving Theresa May ... deliberately gaming the negotiations to stay in the EU and thwart Brexit, or whatever Brexit means to him.

A failure to acknowledge that the UK was engaging in a negotiation with a strong counterparty. 

Liam Fox promised to have all the non-EU agreements rolled over by now. Easiest job in the world, according to him. He was a leaver, not a remainer. How is his failure explained? Was he in on the conspiracy? Did he take silver from the "establishment" and become a turncoat?

Every failure in this process is the result of some conspiracy or remainer plot, it's never acknowledged that Brexit was in fact very difficult to do without causing untold damage.

30 minutes ago, AlexRich said:

The one consistency with the ardent Brexiteers on TVF is a failure to acknowledge that the "promises" sold to them were for the purposes of securing their votes, they were never actually deliverable. And the other consistency is resorting to blaming other people for the failure to deliver on those promises. 

I wasnt in the UK at the time so I may have missed them, but , what were the promises made ?

(Please dont mention THAT bus , that wasnt a promise , it was a suggestion )

So, what are the "promises" made to secure Brexiters vote that were never kept ?

6 minutes ago, sanemax said:

I wasnt in the UK at the time so I may have missed them, but , what were the promises made ?

(Please dont mention THAT bus , that wasnt a promise , it was a suggestion )

So, what are the "promises" made to secure Brexiters vote that were never kept ?

did you actually vote?

Archived