New Zealand police hunt 'active shooter' after gunman opens fire at mosque

webfact

Had Salman Ramadan Abedi stopped to consider the consequences of his actions at the Manchester Arena on 22 May 2017 before he pressed the button and blew all those young girls and their parents to smithereens this atrocity would possibly never have happened.

The same goes for similar events in London, Nice, Paris, Bali, Bangkok, Brussels and plenty of other atrocities all over the world.

We should keep Islam at arms length and leave Muslim countries to handle their own affairs because we've seen what happens if we don't.

Things will only change when terrorists attack politicians and only then if they do so repeatedly.

• Replies 256
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 hours ago, yogi100 said:

I'm shocked that the shooter filmed it and even more shocked that someone has put it on view for the general public!

Muslims all over the world are going to be seeking revenge for this vile atrocity and who can blame them.

I said to the wife this evening about this tragedy, she "Oh yes it was on Thai tv a guy going in and shooting everyone".

Only in Thailand .

1 hour ago, digger70 said:

You are talking about the religion of Peace, they wouldn't do that ,,,,, Would they,,,,   ????

28 minutes ago, yogi100 said:

Had Salman Ramadan Abedi stopped to consider the consequences of his actions at the Manchester Arena on 22 May 2017 before he pressed the button and blew all those young girls and their parents to smithereens this atrocity would possibly never have happened.

The same goes for similar events in London, Nice, Paris, Bali, Bangkok, Brussels and plenty of other atrocities all over the world.

We should keep Islam at arms length and leave Muslim countries to handle their own affairs because we've seen what happens if we don't.

Things will only change when terrorists attack politicians and only then if they do so repeatedly.

Sad that some people feel the need to show their bigotry in a thread like this.

25 minutes ago, stevenl said:

Sad that some people feel the need to show their bigotry in a thread like this.

Where is the 'bigotry' in these posts?

It's not bigotry to recognise acts of revenge when they're taking place all over the world and have been since time began.

4 hours ago, alex8912 said:

You say it’s not entertainment on one post and now say you and your GF watched it. Who made the popcorn? Sorry but your post is very strange to me as others today. Maybe take a break. Who would want their GF or loved one to see this??? 

This event is horrible. 

I was behind my desk she passed.. did not ask her to watch anything. 

1 hour ago, yogi100 said:

Where is the 'bigotry' in these posts?

It's not bigotry to recognise acts of revenge when they're taking place all over the world and have been since time began.

Yeah, you haven’t been seeing all the posts your fellow travellers have been putting up and which are quickly getting deleted. 

An act of revenge is against someone who has done something to you.

These victims did nothing to anyone, but you are either too blind, or more likely too thick to recognise that they had nothing to do with any other crimes. 

This was out and out an act of terrorism. 

5 hours ago, balo said:

As a native from Oslo, Norway I feel with the people of Christchurch. 

In 2011 we had a right-winger who killed 80 young people on a summer camp. This is the worst attack from a right-winger since Breivik. 

Was the shooter inspired by Breivik ?  From what I read so far he was. 

Unfortunately a tragedy waiting to happen, the police can't prevent this from happening. If they are not on the radar. 

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/2019/03/15/new-zealand-suspect-allegedly-claimed-brief-contact-with-norwegian-mass-murderer-anders-breivik/?utm_term=.f2ec5bd24d29

Anyone remember the islamist attack on churches the recent years ? There has been a few of them.  The last one in Normandy , France. 

I guess this is also something that could create hate and this was some sort of revenge attack. 

4 hours ago, Benroon said:

eh ? Which is why its banned nearly everywhere ? (and those that still have it very rarely use it)

People of limited intellect are usually for it I grant you (I'm thinking Brexiteers and their fellow xenophobic racist types), but you'll struggle to find a rational sensible intelligent individual that would support the wilful execution of another human.

28 Countries have carried out executions in the last few years .

You need to get educated on facts , before you start to say that other people have limited intellect

5 hours ago, balo said:

Anyone remember the islamist attack on churches the recent years ? There has been a few of them.  The last one in Normandy , France. 

I guess this is also something that could create hate and this was some sort of revenge attack. 

I was three stops away on the Northern line when those guys bombed those trains in London in 2004.

I was due to be, but due to a meeting going late, was supposed to be in or around the corner of Ratchaprasong when those guys bombed the Erawan shrine. 

But for the grace of god go I. But I’m  not going to blame one of my mums best friends since childhood for it just because she wears a veil?

What is your point? 

The people who support Islamic immigration seem to be the most vocal, compared to the anti-immigration lobby. And, of course, politicians are populist, and kowtow to the majority to get their votes. However, it looks like the silent majority are biding their time, and this could be an early manifestation of their discontent. Albeit, through the actions of western sociopaths or psychopaths ,as foils to the eastern religious psychos! Many innocent have died on one side, and it could be that many innocent will now die on the other side! A combination of war, revenge and payback!
And it's usually impractical to be neutral.
Very few problems can be negotiated when one or more sides are dogmatic. War is the result, and unfortunately, the West is at war!

Sent from my CPH1727 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

13 minutes ago, crouchpeter said:

The people who support Islamic immigration seem to be the most vocal, compared to the anti-immigration lobby. And, of course, politicians are populist, and kowtow to the majority to get their votes. However, it looks like the silent majority are biding their time, and this could be an early manifestation of their discontent. Albeit, through the actions of western sociopaths or psychopaths ,as foils to the eastern religious psychos! Many innocent have died on one side, and it could be that many innocent will now die on the other side! A combination of war, revenge and payback!
And it's usually impractical to be neutral.
Very few problems can be negotiated when one or more sides are dogmatic. War is the result, and unfortunately, the West is at war!

Is this an early draft of your own manifesto?

If so it needs some work.

All anybody needs inorder to understand yesterday’s atrocity is a bit of humanity.

Muslims gunned down while at prayer, and the rightwing islamophobes amongst us immediately engage in victim blaming, whataboutary and trolling the thread with racist and islamophobic conspiracy theories.

The guy who cold bloodily murdered these innocent people is not some manifestation of discontent amongst the silent majority he’s a viscous murderer, a piece of filth.

Of course the murders this piece of filth committed might have meaning to you, the hatred this piece of filth broadcast might have meaning for you and the manifesto this piece of filth wrote may have meaning to you.

Of course it might.

Firstly, I haven't read his manifesto. You're raving on about racism, when, in actual fact these atrocities have been committed by many different races, but only a few religions. So, blind Freddy could see that the problem is religion, not race! And that includes Islam, Christianity, Buddhism and Hinduism! They've all committed atrocities, but the one that could and probably will, affect us, is Islam.
You've implied that I agree with these attacks, even though I stated that the perps. were psychopaths. You say that understanding these atrocities just requires "humanity". Actually, it probably requires a knowledge of history, common sense, education, (eg. spelling), and logical thinking, so that you won't have your head in the sand and your backside in the air when the enemy creep up on you!

Is this an early draft of your own manifesto?

If so it needs some work.

All anybody needs inorder to understand yesterday’s atrocity is a bit of humanity.

Muslims gunned down while at prayer, and the rightwing islamophobes amongst us immediately engage in victim blaming, whataboutary and trolling the thread with racist and islamophobic conspiracy theories.

The guy who cold bloodily murdered these innocent people is not some manifestation of discontent amongst the silent majority he’s a viscous murderer, a piece of filth.

Of course the murders this piece of filth committed might have meaning to you, the hatred this piece of filth broadcast might have meaning for you and the manifesto this piece of filth wrote may have meaning to you.

Of course it might.

5 minutes ago, crouchpeter said:

Firstly, I haven't read his manifesto. You're raving on about racism, when, in actual fact these atrocities have been committed by many different races, but only a few religions. So, blind Freddy could see that the problem is religion, not race! And that includes Islam, Christianity, Buddhism and Hinduism! They've all committed atrocities, but the one that could and probably will, affect us, is Islam.
You've implied that I agree with these attacks, even though I stated that the perps. were psychopaths. You say that understanding these atrocities just requires "humanity". Actually, it probably requires a knowledge of history, common sense, education, (eg. spelling), and logical thinking, so that you won't have your head in the sand and your backside in the air when the enemy creep up on you!

Before commenting further read the first ten or so pages of the killer's manifesto. It reflects a number of memes posted by certain members on TVF.

1 minute ago, crouchpeter said:

Why read it? It makes no difference. !

Your choice, but provides good insight into the mindset of this type of killer and echoes some of the mimes posted by some of our illustrious members.

52 minutes ago, crouchpeter said:

Mass Muslim immigration into Europe doesn't end well. After every attack the Europeans are racists and the Muslims are extremists but in the end everyone dies. From what I heard about his manifesto he was trying to accelerate the process so to reach some resolution before Europeans are reduced to such a small minority they can't defend themselves.

Experts have tried to understand the mindsets of terrorists, serial killers, sexual predators etc. for many years. No-one can come up with a definitive answer. However, the common denominators are usually religion and/or sex. Sometimes combined with schizophrenia.

Your choice, but provides good insight into the mindset of this type of killer and echoes some of the mimes posted by some of our illustrious members.

15 hours ago, balo said:

As a native from Oslo, Norway I feel with the people of Christchurch. 

In 2011 we had a right-winger who killed 80 young people on a summer camp. This is the worst attack from a right-winger since Breivik. 

Was the shooter inspired by Breivik ?  From what I read so far he was. 

Unfortunately a tragedy waiting to happen, the police can't prevent this from happening. If they are not on the radar. 

According to Norwegian law, Breivik will be out of prison in less than 20 years. How do Norwegians feel about that?

9 minutes ago, crouchpeter said:

Experts have tried to understand the mindsets of terrorists, serial killers, sexual predators etc. for many years. No-one can come up with a definitive answer. However, the common denominators are usually religion and/or sex. Sometimes combined with schizophrenia.

Just read his manifesto. Unless you're afraid you will agree with many parts of it?

Archived