We-tv Revisited

sabaijai

I recently dumped UBC for We-TV, provided free in my building. Not too bad for free, but does anyone know where I can find a program schedule? Doesn't seem to be a website for it, and the building manager doesn't have a schedule either.

I recently dumped UBC for We-TV, provided free in my building. Not too bad for free, but does anyone know where I can find a program schedule? Doesn't seem to be a website for it, and the building manager doesn't have a schedule either.

The WE TV office is located just behind the Queen Vic, they have a monthly TV guide, but mostly in Thai..

WETV came free with my rented condo, but the picture quality is poor, I assume because of a bad connection somewhere. An actual WETV ""technician"" came out (with a clipboard!) and his solution was to attempt to tune the channels on my tv. Actually checking the line or any other maintenance did not seem to be an option. What is annoying is that the worst channels are the English language movie channels. Anyone else have this problem?

One thing I like about WETV is that I think the person programming the movie channels is pretty good at his/her job. A reasonably nice mix of quality recent and older films which seem to be chosen with some intelligence.

WETV came free with my rented condo, but the picture quality is poor, I assume because of a bad connection somewhere. An actual WETV ""technician"" came out (with a clipboard!) and his solution was to attempt to tune the channels on my tv. Actually checking the line or any other maintenance did not seem to be an option. What is annoying is that the worst channels are the English language movie channels. Anyone else have this problem?

ALL my WE TV channels are clear and I agree that the movie channel is pretty good.

Agree, cool movie channel, just would like to know in advance what films are playing rather than having to wait in front of the screen to see what happens. My picture is not very clear, will drop by the office to talk about that and pick up the schedule, fine with me if it's in Thai.

Is WeeTV cable only or do they have satelite dish too. I am out at San Kamphaeng and the footy is going to start pretty soon <yay>

Is WeeTV cable only or do they have satelite dish too. I am out at San Kamphaeng and the footy is going to start pretty soon <yay>

They are cable alone. Wish they were available out near Hang Dong. Strongly object to paying so much for UBC.

They are cable alone. Wish they were available out near Hang Dong. Strongly object to paying so much for UBC.

have never heard many good things about UBC, hence my decision to go sattelite - btw no world cup cricket on Star/espn either- major sporting event and they dont have it.

have never heard many good things about UBC, hence my decision to go sattelite - btw no world cup cricket on Star/espn either- major sporting event and they dont have it.

What are the preferred options for buying a satelite dish and decoder?

I am looking to get the Aussie football and would like the Australian ABC to make it worth while. I think UBC has the ABC as an optional channel group but not sure of the details. What I don't want is 573 channels of UK football.

just dumped my UBC. totally overpriced. looking for an alternative but not know for sure that we-tv is not an option for me as i live out in san kampheng as well.

heard there are packages for ASTRO from malaysia through PSI? anyone heard of this? if so it would be awesome.

I am looking to get the Aussie football and would like the Australian ABC to make it worth while. I think UBC has the ABC as an optional channel group but not sure of the details. What I don't want is 573 channels of UK football.

The last time i asked UBC they never had ABC ( Australia Network ). WE TV have it . The AFL is the only thing worth watching though..(Bombers in 2007) :o

The last time i asked UBC they never had ABC ( Australia Network ). WE TV have it . The AFL is the only thing worth watching though..(Bombers in 2007) :o

This could be an interesting Friday - the opening match for the Bombers on April 1, is going to be with Adelaide - check my avatar for a hint of my aliegence

This could be an interesting Friday - the opening match for the Bombers on April 1, is going to be with Adelaide - check my avatar for a hint of my aliegence

It sure will be an interesting night at Tuskers, i will be the one in the post-31110-1173765236_thumb.jpg polo shirt.. You can find out when the matches will be played by going here http://australianetwork.com/sportslounge/ although the schedule is yet to be confirmed.

just dumped my UBC. totally overpriced. looking for an alternative but not know for sure that we-tv is not an option for me as i live out in san kampheng as well.

heard there are packages for ASTRO from malaysia through PSI? anyone heard of this? if so it would be awesome.

as you may know I was in the same situation as you guys are in now, I got the Dynasat system that gets the Dream feed which is equavilant to UBC, and it has Australia Network. So far its been great apart from the signal dropping mostly after midnight. Will get the technician out for a look soon.

I dont think we can talk about the Dream feed on this forum thou.

as you may know I was in the same situation as you guys are in now, I got the Dynasat system that gets the Dream feed which is equavilant to UBC, and it has Australia Network. So far its been great apart from the signal dropping mostly after midnight. Will get the technician out for a look soon.

I dont think we can talk about the Dream feed on this forum thou.

Ok - I am sending you a PM about this because I am interested in getting a satelite feed

I have a system where I get all the Multichoice sports channels from South Africa (Super 14 Rugby, all international Rugby matches, ICC World Cup and other cricket matches) but you need an "always on" internet connection. It is a moveable dish so I also get Australia Network with NRL and AFL games.

I have just got rid of UBC it is the worst company I have ever dealt with in Thailand.

" UP THE MIGHTY BOMBERS" you beauty

Cheers Tony

I have just got rid of UBC it is the worst company I have ever dealt with in Thailand.

Cheers Tony

No word of a lie - when I first saw your avatar I had the immediate thought "he looks just like a bomber's fan"

So by coming to this forum is it a possibility you will be moving here from Pattaya? If so, looking forward to meeting you.

Looking forward to April 1st..post-31110-1173943130_thumb.jpg that's got to be around the neck.. :D

For all you non Australians out there - notice how high up in the air these guys are and believe me they are big men. For all the poms and other Euros notice that unlike your game you can actually tackle someone by touching them and they don't fall on the ground crying like girls. For the Americans - notice the lack of Helmets, shoulder pads, thigh pads and that we don't need to field a team of 52 players on each side just to play a game of football :o

Austhaied we need to start a new forum for the AFL - we will also need to get someone to start a NRL forum - any of them able to read and write? :D

Looking forward to April 1st..post-31110-1173943130_thumb.jpg that's got to be around the neck.. :D

For all you non Australians out there - notice how high up in the air these guys are and believe me they are big men. For all the poms and other Euros notice that unlike your game you can actually tackle someone by touching them and they don't fall on the ground crying like girls. For the Americans - notice the lack of Helmets, shoulder pads, thigh pads and that we don't need to field a team of 52 players on each side just to play a game of football :o

Austhaied we need to start a new forum for the AFL - we will also need to get someone to start a NRL forum - any of them able to read and write? :bah:

:D :D :D

Austhaied we need to start a new forum for the AFL - we will also need to get someone to start a NRL forum - any of them able to read and write? :D

Even with all of the pads and helmets in American Football people still get brain injuries and other career ending injuries.

The last time i asked UBC they never had ABC ( Australia Network ). WE TV have it . The AFL is the only thing worth watching though..(Bombers in 2007) :D

Cheers Tony

No word of a lie - when I first saw your avatar I had the immediate thought "he looks just like a bomber's fan"

So by coming to this forum is it a possibility you will be moving here from Pattaya? If so, looking forward to meeting you.

No Im moving out of Thailand. :o

I was at the Bombers Hawthorne Grand final in 1983 would be one of my high lights in Life.

Cheers Tony

The last time i asked UBC they never had ABC ( Australia Network ). WE TV have it . The AFL is the only thing worth watching though..(Bombers in 2007) :D

Cheers Tony

I was at the Bombers Hawthorne Grand final in 1983 would be one of my high lights in Life.

Cheers Tony

I was at that final as well (as a young fella). Remember it vividly. We also did the same in 1984..Superb.

I think it's no coincidence that the AFL season starts on April the First!! :D

Cheers Tony

Cheers Tony

Yes it was a great game - pity about the result though :D