Don’t use my Tourist Visa!

Hey all,

I have an odd and unique question. 

I have a TV from KL and am going to Ho Chi Minh, but there’s a 2 hour stop over at DMK. I don’t plan to use the TV until next month but just want to get it now so I don’t have to worry about it later 

My question is: What would the IO do if they see TV? 

Not odd, nor unique.

The fact is that there will be no consistent reaction. Some will try to insist on you using it and some will acquiesce. 

Just this year, I was in this situation. The IO wanted to force me to use it, his superior overruled him.

So there you are. you may have to insist politely on moving up the chain. In my case, the superior was next to me anyway. So I explained what I wanted to do and why and he instructed his subordinate...who wasn't the happiest bunny.

8 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

I'm not so sure. If your ticket is two separate tickets. One to bkk then another to Saigon you would need go through passport control. Is your ticket a "fly through" like AirAsia have at DM?

That's his point. Whether they will try to insist that he utilises the TV. As long as he is eligible for a visa exempt entry, any sensible IO will utilise that instead.

i was forced to use an SETV (obtained in my passport country USA) a few years ago, even though my stay was only going to be 3 weeks.  i had a flight out at the time, itinerary printed out.  showed it to them but that didn't help. 

edit:  OP, may i ask what led you to book this trip on two separate tickets ?  that seems to be the odd/unique thing about this topic.  most of us would go nonstop.  maybe meeting a thai GF for the DMK-SGN portion ?

Edited by buick