Deer Antler Amulets

sarpesius

in bangkok they sell amulets which appear to be the stump new antlers of deer as magic charms

the price on these is fairly high, so they thais think they are potent.

they are sold at the Buddha market by the river across the street from Wat Mahathat.

Does anyone know the story about these?

sarpesius

in bangkok they sell amulets which appear to be the stump new antlers of deer as magic charmshe river across the street from Wat Mahathat.

So now you are into black magic. On whom do you want to work it?

--

Maestro

I don't know whether it is the same. Have heard about and seen such amulets. They were priced WAYYYYY high and they were supposed to the be charms (for good 'sanE'). The seller/owner said they were very rare, because they were antlers of this tiny little deer that has none. So it is probably a hoax.

in bangkok they sell amulets which appear to be the stump new antlers of deer as magic charms

they are sold at the Buddha market by the river across the street from Wat Mahathat.

sarpesius

Unless you really know what you are doing you should stay away from the markets around Wat Mahatat. The place is well known for having massive amounts of fakes and over priced amulets.

sarpesius

Unless you really know what you are doing you should stay away from the markets around Wat Mahatat. The place is well known for having massive amounts of fakes and over priced amulets.

I bought some great knuckledusters there once. And a big <deleted> off Rambo knife too! :D

Who says Buddhism is for p^ssies? :o

I bought some great knuckledusters there once. And a big <deleted> off Rambo knife too! :D

Who says Buddhism is for p^ssies? :D

:o

It never fails to amaze me how well incorporated Thai Buddhism and superstition is with the modern world - just look at Pantip Plaza: computer paradise, and amulet shops next to each other.