Brexit spurs biggest cut in UK business investment in 10 years: BCC

webfact

4 hours ago, Laughing Gravy said:

I agree totally with you and I stated that straight after the referendum on a thread here on TV but I was shouted down by some remainers on here, who are still here claiming Reuters were neutral. They are as biased as the BBC.

The BBC biased? Gracious me "Laughing Gravy", whatever are you suggesting. They merely reflect the views of "the people" don't you know.

Yes the people - the people they know, agree with and live amongst...

Do you mean to suggest that there are people beyond the metropolitan area who have different view? Good lord, they hardly count, now the inner city "yoof", (if you could understand their fake Jamaican patois that is, so much more genuine than RP English) are who you should be listening to - innit brov! 

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Can't wait for the big day.

Went back for the Brexit vote.

Thinking about booking a ticket for the biggest Dagenham street party ever.

Celebration is just around the corner folks.

7 hours ago, welovesundaysatspace said:

In 2017, Fox said that the UK could "replicate the 40 free trade agreements before we leave the EU", so that there would be no disruption to trade.

Was he deliberately lieing, or just completely clueless?

he managed 6,the foroe islands,palastine,chile and 3 other tin pot nations

5 hours ago, lineofentry said:

Much of this wonderful 'foreign investment' is simply asset stripping and the shifting of production abroad. I can give examples from chocolate to microchips. Britain's real problem is business overheads mostly as a result of its ridiculous social engineering culture. What sane company would invest in a country that has given someone like Corben sight of power.

nissan,toyota,bmw have said they will be gone if its a crash out,thats not asset stripping,its because of brexit,as for corbyn brexit may well give us corbyn,no brexit and corbyn was history.these brexiteers have a list of ready made excuses for every scenario. btw <deleted> is social engineering culture.

1 hour ago, owl sees all said:

i thought you were home already

union jack fatty.jpg

1 hour ago, owl sees all said:

dont forget to change as many pounds as possible at 40bt before you come home for the party,it will be 35-36 when you get back ????????

7 hours ago, welovesundaysatspace said:

In 2017, Fox said that the UK could "replicate the 40 free trade agreements before we leave the EU", so that there would be no disruption to trade.

Was he deliberately lieing, or just completely clueless?

I would bet on absolutely clueless.
Mental he was still fully in the propaganda mode at this time.
For years now he had had time to familiarize himself with the details of trade Agreements.
But he has achieved nearly Nothing.
In the trade department nothing works at the moment.
https://www.ft.com/content/25b1eb3e-3e85-11e9-9bee-efab61506f44

“Fox has almost nothing to offer businesses, having failed to roll over the free trade agreements with huge economies like Turkey and Japan,” he added.“Businesses are being left in the dark by this government and, if Brexit goes the way it looks to be going, they will also be shut out of vital economies in Europe and around the world.”

12 hours ago, JAG said:

The BBC biased? Gracious me "Laughing Gravy", whatever are you suggesting.

The BBC have a civic duty to provide non biased news, especially as they are funded by the people. They have legal duty to Ofcom to report fairly and non judgmentally.

I am surprised you think that they are not biased. They also did this in the Scottish referendum.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/politics/11941330/BBC-accused-of-dishonesty-and-bias-over-EU-referendum-coverage.html

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/newstopics/eureferendum/11953172/EU-referendum-bias-row-after-EU-pays-BBC-charity-9m.html

https://antibbc.com/bbc-bias-on-the-eu-referendum/

https://www.express.co.uk/news/politics/804495/bbc-bias-independent-report-brexit-eu-referendum

12 hours ago, JAG said:

The BBC biased? Gracious me "Laughing Gravy", whatever are you suggesting. They merely reflect the views of "the people" don't you know.

Yes the people - the people they know, agree with and live amongst...

Do you mean to suggest that there are people beyond the metropolitan area who have different view? Good lord, they hardly count, now the inner city "yoof", (if you could understand their fake Jamaican patois that is, so much more genuine than RP English) are who you should be listening to - innit brov! 

I have reread your post and see the sarcasm, I hope.

9 hours ago, bomber said:

dont forget to change as many pounds as possible at 40bt before you come home for the party,it will be 35-36 when you get back ????????

A tad pessimistic Bomber. Although you are close IMO.

I think the pound will fall in the short term to 38/39**. But within 3 months it will be back to 40 to 42. And by the end of the year over 45. From then on, as the country rediscovers its pride, it's just onward and upward. Unless there are big storms or a drought even. Just don't trust those unelected EU lot (and their powerful business and banker friends) to take this - the beginning of the end of the Federal Europe dream - without a token fight.

But then we will see a new UK; ProRep. three parties (labour, cons and brexit), BBC told to stand on its own quality outputs without the licence fee. H of L dissolved, fishing back to its former self, manufacturing innovations, green wave energy, transparent B of E. The list goes on. And all made possible because the people voted the correct way. Can't wait for the joy!

**The biggest problem for the UK within the next couple of years will be insider dealings and distractions from the likes of Blair (who should be in The Tower as it is). 'Treason' is a word I'd like to be brought back into public focus for these types.

10 hours ago, bomber said:

You have been wrong before;  you are wrong now..................... I fully expect you to be consistent and be wrong in the future.

6 minutes ago, Jip99 said:

You have been wrong before;  you are wrong now..................... I fully expect you to be consistent and be wrong in the future.

I hope you don’t make your financial planning on the basis of your disagreements with strangers on the internet.

This is not about Brexit anymore. It's about British MP's acting for their constituents, the UK and not themselves. I know everyone will say this is how it always is but, in this case, it isn't. I hope that someone down the line and after this is all over has a day of reckoning with these clowns. 

They should vote with how their constituents voted, It's as simple as that.  What is destroying investment now is this total muppet show being enacted in the houses of parliament. 

12 hours ago, owl sees all said:

When are you booking the ticket for, it had better be an open ended ticket, preferably with 10 years validity.

3 minutes ago, Snow Leopard said:

This is not about Brexit anymore. It's about British MP's acting for their constituents, the UK and not themselves. I know everyone will say this is how it always is but, in this case, it isn't. I hope that someone down the line and after this is all over has a day of reckoning with these clowns. 

They should vote with how their constituents voted, It's as simple as that.  What is destroying investment now is this total muppet show being enacted in the houses of parliament. 

They have a job to do, to guide and to lead, not follow mob rule. Do you think that a road sweeper should tell the electrician working in his house how to lay the cables just because it is his house?

OK, in the picture there is a view of Canary Wharf.  In the background I can make out seven cranes.  Now this might seem a bit off the wall but bear with me please.

My brother who lives in the uk and travels around does what he calls a crane count.

Everywhere he goes from the home counties to the midlands he sees a huge number of cranes(he does not visit ports).  Now logic says these cranes are building something be it residential tower blocks, office blocks, shopping centres, warehouses etc, so why does the economy appear depressed?  The footsie250 is much higher than in 2008 so why all the doom and gloom?  

I sincerely hope the brexit will happen despite the smug-faced Bercow appearance and statement in the commons yesterday.

23 minutes ago, soalbundy said:

They have a job to do, to guide and to lead, not follow mob rule. Do you think that a road sweeper should tell the electrician working in his house how to lay the cables just because it is his house?

What a load on nonsense. They should be following the results of a democratic referendum. It's not mob rule. Don't quote me either on the in's and outs of about telling people what to do. John Prescott was a cook on a car ferry, became a shop steward and then later on deputy prime minister. I should bow to his superior knowledge and wisdom then? Not a chance. A cook my friend. How many today in that overgrown home for spoilt children are at the same educational level as Prescott was. 

39 minutes ago, Snow Leopard said:

"I hope that someone down the line and after this is all over has a day of reckoning with these clowns."

That "someone" would be the electorate ????.

1 minute ago, dick dasterdly said:

"I hope that someone down the line and after this is all over has a day of reckoning with these clowns."

That "someone" would be the electorate ????.

Is that enough Khun D? ???? My vote goes for the firing squad. ????

On 3/18/2019 at 8:40 AM, welovesundaysatspace said:

Waiting for the thousands “Project Fear” comment from a Brexiteer...

Considering the BCC was one of the biggest perpetrators in project fear, take this with a pinch of salt

44 minutes ago, soalbundy said:

No, but if the road sweeper tells the electrician to lay some cables and the electrician then starts to pave the driveway , the road sweeper can get someone else into lay the cables

1 hour ago, soalbundy said:

When are you booking the ticket for, it had better be an open ended ticket, preferably with 10 years validity.

An attempt at humour there soalbundy. Like it. More please!

Not like you, but I know you want to get back on my Christmas card list.

Leaving dinner party outside London.

What did the remoaner MP say to the brexiteer voter?

"Pass me the knife Bud. I need it to peel the spuds for the leaving banquet."

The knife gets passed over.

"Someone call an ambulance. His back looks a mess."

Archived