Brexit spurs biggest cut in UK business investment in 10 years: BCC

webfact

5 hours ago, owl sees all said:

A tad pessimistic Bomber. Although you are close IMO.

I think the pound will fall in the short term to 38/39**. But within 3 months it will be back to 40 to 42. And by the end of the year over 45. From then on, as the country rediscovers its pride, it's just onward and upward. Unless there are big storms or a drought even. Just don't trust those unelected EU lot (and their powerful business and banker friends) to take this - the beginning of the end of the Federal Europe dream - without a token fight.

But then we will see a new UK; ProRep. three parties (labour, cons and brexit), BBC told to stand on its own quality outputs without the licence fee. H of L dissolved, fishing back to its former self, manufacturing innovations, green wave energy, transparent B of E. The list goes on. And all made possible because the people voted the correct way. Can't wait for the joy!

**The biggest problem for the UK within the next couple of years will be insider dealings and distractions from the likes of Blair (who should be in The Tower as it is). 'Treason' is a word I'd like to be brought back into public focus for these types.

more than a tad optomistic,total dream to think even half of the above is going to happen,iam not a project fear believer more a realist,pride and rediscovering it is just another version of a dream,over 45 ???? you've been drinking,what exactly do you mean without a fight?,you are right about powerful EU people and bankers,these are the people who will make the UK suffer,the one's who have proper power,the UK has done its best to finish itself off they but will deliver the KO blow. lets hope its a killer blow

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, Jip99 said:

You have been wrong before;  you are wrong now..................... I fully expect you to be consistent and be wrong in the future.

i predicted 40 with brexit and 35-38 with a crash out,i have been about as spot on as can be,people on another forum were predict 50 for xmas 2016,who was correct i ask you,its about the one scenario of brexit that is predictable but you dont want to believe it as you prefer to look through these,basically your a dreamer,wake up man

rose tinted.jpg

6 hours ago, owl sees all said:

A tad pessimistic Bomber. Although you are close IMO.

I think the pound will fall in the short term to 38/39**. But within 3 months it will be back to 40 to 42. And by the end of the year over 45. From then on, as the country rediscovers its pride, it's just onward and upward. Unless there are big storms or a drought even. Just don't trust those unelected EU lot (and their powerful business and banker friends) to take this - the beginning of the end of the Federal Europe dream - without a token fight.

But then we will see a new UK; ProRep. three parties (labour, cons and brexit), BBC told to stand on its own quality outputs without the licence fee. H of L dissolved, fishing back to its former self, manufacturing innovations, green wave energy, transparent B of E. The list goes on. And all made possible because the people voted the correct way. Can't wait for the joy!

**The biggest problem for the UK within the next couple of years will be insider dealings and distractions from the likes of Blair (who should be in The Tower as it is). 'Treason' is a word I'd like to be brought back into public focus for these types.

Inovations and green wave energy and BoE were never affected by the EU,you talking rubbish,btw how much money have you changed in readiness of the pound dropping to 38 then?

On 3/18/2019 at 8:17 AM, webfact said:

1. Some of this investment may never come back to the UK."

2. Many financial firms have set up operations in other EU countries

3. carmakers have reduced their expansion plans in Britain.

4. BMW said this month

5. Finance minister Philip Hammond says he expects a pickup in investment by companies once a Brexit deal is done.

6.  as well as questions over Britain's future ties to the EU, would limit any quick investment rebound.

7.  reflecting a slowdown in the global economy as well as Brexit.

8. It said its forecasts assumed that Britain would avoid a disorderly exit from the EU.

9. A messy and disorderly exit from the EU would do real and lasting damage to the UK's economic prospects," Marshall said.

Just a laugh, my crystal ball picks says. ????

1. With EU gone you never know.

2. Well as 1. for how long.

3. Aston Martin hasn't.

4. BMW is running with brexit. 

5. He shouldn't say things like that.

6. No EU what rebound.

7. slowdown in the global economy ? I though arms sales were up.

8. forecasts !!  time for a visit to the bookmaker.

9. Marshall said, whow he is a mastermind.

59 minutes ago, Kwasaki said:

Just a laugh, my crystal ball picks says. ????

1. With EU gone you never know.

2. Well as 1. for how long.

3. Aston Martin hasn't.

4. BMW is running with brexit. 

5. He shouldn't say things like that.

6. No EU what rebound.

7. slowdown in the global economy ? I though arms sales were up.

8. forecasts !!  time for a visit to the bookmaker.

9. Marshall said, whow he is a mastermind.

1. so you hope  2 enough companies have moved to suggest brexit is a cause 3 a minature company compared to nissan.toyota,bmw 4 brexit hasnt arrived yet,they are very likely to leave if it does arrive 5 any investment wont replace whats already been lost 6 no rebounds 7 arms sales wont replace nissan,toyota,bmw,honda etc 8 crash out wont happen 

3 hours ago, bomber said:

Inovations and green wave energy and BoE were never affected by the EU,you talking rubbish,btw how much money have you changed in readiness of the pound dropping to 38 then?

It has probably cost me in the order 250K baht since I left England, due to the rates. But, the freedom and pride in England has made it worth it. A chance to change UK politics comes rarely. Let's all get on board Bomber, and make England great again.

The EU - as it is now structured - is doomed. We are jumping ship just in time, thanks to 17.4 million enlightened voters. The EU (Federal Europe) will get a big shock come the Euro elections IMO.

8 minutes ago, owl sees all said:

It has probably cost me in the order 250K baht since I left England, due to the rates. But, the freedom and pride in England has made it worth it. A chance to change UK politics comes rarely. Let's all get on board Bomber, and make England great again.

The EU - as it is now structured - is doomed. We are jumping ship just in time, thanks to 17.4 million enlightened voters. The EU (Federal Europe) will get a big shock come the Euro elections IMO.

freedom and pride ???? you were always free and the world is laffing at the UK not in envy of it,england wont ever be great again you fool,scotland and NI have more chance once they gain independence,england and wales will have the most sheep though,EU elections wont change much if anything and the EU will out live you however it is structured.  250k and rising ????

13 minutes ago, bomber said:

freedom and pride ???? you were always free and the world is laffing at the UK not in envy of it,england wont ever be great again you fool,scotland and NI have more chance once they gain independence,england and wales will have the most sheep though,EU elections wont change much if anything and the EU will out live you however it is structured.  250k and rising ????

Whose next?

22 minutes ago, bomber said:

And you gave the impression that you were mellowing; coming around to the Brexiteer's way of thinking. 

Just what is it that you like in this EU juggernaut?

Just now, owl sees all said:

And you gave the impression that you were mellowing; coming around to the Brexiteer's way of thinking. 

Just what is it that you like in this EU juggernaut?

EU has never effected my work,standard of living,income,health,human rights,none of their laws have effected me for better or worse,hence i didnt vote but had i voted it would of been remain,the lies on both sides where pretty bad but i would rate the leave camps much worse,also it is so obvious after 3 years that lots of jobs are going to be lost and a recession almost certain,other negatives would be inflation,an even more battered pound,hardly any chance now of a majority govt for decades which means a continuation of the current chaos,scotland and NI are very likely to want to leave the UK and if you think brexit is chaos wait till that happens, you can have your dreams but the above is reality.

3 minutes ago, bomber said:

EU has never effected my work,standard of living,income,health,human rights,none of their laws have effected me for better or worse,hence i didnt vote but had i voted it would of been remain,the lies on both sides where pretty bad but i would rate the leave camps much worse,also it is so obvious after 3 years that lots of jobs are going to be lost and a recession almost certain,other negatives would be inflation,an even more battered pound,hardly any chance now of a majority govt for decades which means a continuation of the current chaos,scotland and NI are very likely to want to leave the UK and if you think brexit is chaos wait till that happens, you can have your dreams but the above is reality.

I'm all right Jack.

love-thy-neighbor.jpg.5c4f94077865ada1b792637c47ccc26c.jpg

I read in other UK papers online that the the UK is hitting record lows in unemployment and wage growth is like 3.4% at the moment...which obviously doesn't fit the BBC's narrative as they couldn't have Garry 'the nob' Lineker look bad. 

34 minutes ago, Sir Dude said:

I read in other UK papers online that the the UK is hitting record lows in unemployment and wage growth is like 3.4% at the moment...which obviously doesn't fit the BBC's narrative as they couldn't have Garry 'the nob' Lineker look bad. 

You might want to edit out your hogwash regarding the BBC. 

https://www.bbc.com/news/business-47622415

4 hours ago, bomber said:

1. so you hope  2 enough companies have moved to suggest brexit is a cause 3 a minature company compared to nissan.toyota,bmw 4 brexit hasnt arrived yet,they are very likely to leave if it does arrive 5 any investment wont replace whats already been lost 6 no rebounds 7 arms sales wont replace nissan,toyota,bmw,honda etc 8 crash out wont happen 

Well relax buddy maybe we would not see eye to eye, I'm not serious about anything but when I told my kids and grandchildren vote leave ????  they voted what they wanted, they are totally fed up with what May remainer has done and just want to end it and get out of EU. 

45 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

You might want to edit out your hogwash regarding the BBC. 

https://www.bbc.com/news/business-47622415

A rare admission from them then Chompy and it must be much better than that if they have no choice other than to reluctantly report the truth....probably means the truth is everything is booming. Bet it doesn't fit in with your hogwash narrative too well either.

59 minutes ago, Kwasaki said:

Well relax buddy maybe we would not see eye to eye, I'm not serious about anything but when I told my kids and grandchildren vote leave ????  they voted what they wanted, they are totally fed up with what May remainer has done and just want to end it and get out of EU. 

what is it about the EU they dont like? i would of thought watching our MPs for 3 years would make them want anything but more power or even worse corbyn.

1 hour ago, Sir Dude said:

makes crashing out of the EU a even stupider idea,we were powering ahead and brexit will send it into reverse. 

15 minutes ago, bomber said:

what is it about the EU they dont like? i would of thought watching our MPs for 3 years would make them want anything but more power or even worse corbyn.

What's there to like about EU maybe they don't like EU because of maybe me and there grandfather's influence, I mean come on what's to like about some else having a control over you, for fling sake can't you remainers think out the box or do just luv cuddling up to people we have never got on with, cobblers to the euro it's not rocket science is it.  

1 minute ago, Kwasaki said:

What's there to like about EU maybe they don't like EU because of maybe me and there grandfather's influence, I mean come on what's to like about some else having a control over you, for fling sake can't you remainers think out the box or do just luv cuddling up to people we have never got on with, cobblers to the euro it's not rocket science is it.  

sorry but they never had control of you,please explain how 

25 minutes ago, Kwasaki said:

C. 30 years in the EU and always had control over my life. You did something wrong.

2 minutes ago, welovesundaysatspace said:

C. 30 years in the EU and always had control over my life. You did something wrong.

Nothing to do with me we are talking country, EU tries to have control which was not wanted, UK should rule itself full stop don't be stupid.

13 minutes ago, Kwasaki said:

Nothing to do with me we are talking country, EU tries to have control which was not wanted, UK should rule itself full stop don't be stupid.

You were talking about people, not “country”. You claimed people voted leave because the EU has control over them. 30 years in the EU and I always had control over my life. Those people must have done something wrong.(1)

(1) They listened to the yellow press and Brexiteers too much. 

7 hours ago, Sir Dude said:

A rare admission from them then Chompy and it must be much better than that if they have no choice other than to reluctantly report the truth....probably means the truth is everything is booming. Bet it doesn't fit in with your hogwash narrative too well either.

It’s not a rare admission Sir.

It’s simply someone, in this case me, took time to call out your hogwash.

You should perhaps check who wrote the hymn sheet you are singing off of.

11 hours ago, welovesundaysatspace said:

You were talking about people, not “country”. You claimed people voted leave because the EU has control over them. 30 years in the EU and I always had control over my life. Those people must have done something wrong.(1)

(1) They listened to the yellow press and Brexiteers too much. 

Yeah I don't mean it that way you read my post, IMO what happens to a country not being able independently rule itself must affects its people indirectly in some way..

I don't remember why Maggie use to tear into EU and surely if the EU was so good why did UK go Euro. 

Apologies for end remark in previous post, I guess we can just agree to disagree about what we think is best. 

50 minutes ago, Kwasaki said:

Yeah I don't mean it that way you read my post, IMO what happens to a country not being able independently rule itself must affects its people indirectly in some way..

People believe in all sort of things, so feel free to believe that. 30 years in the EU and I wasn’t affected by the EU negatively in any way; quite contrary, there were many times when the European Court of Justice made decisions that I highly appreciated. 

50 minutes ago, Kwasaki said:

surely if the EU was so good why did UK go Euro. 

Why do countries go to war when it’s so bad? Because people make wrong decisions, because they don’t act rationally all the time but tend to get emotional and ideological sometimes. 

Before the referendum in 2016, prominent and so called expert remainers, predicted in the event of a leave result, that the British economy would be destroyed. 

Yesterday the remain supporting British government, had to admit that the employment rate in the U.K. had fallen for the first time to that of 1975.

yes, 1975 the very year that the British were lied to as regards to the future direction of the EEC.

Archived