May's Brexit deal in chaos as Speaker sparks 'constitutional crisis'

webfact

19 minutes ago, evadgib said:

EU countries have too much to lose therefore the above is unlikely. Where for example will BMW offload the suddenly surplus left handed cars destined for UK?

Hard brexit won't stop Bmw exporting cars to the UK - they will just cost 4 grand more to buy. Yes they may sell fewer, but then every other luxury car will cost 4 grand more - do people who buy them worry about pfifferling change like that ?

• Replies 315
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 hours ago, StreetCowboy said:

It seems fairly obvious.  The people should sit in the meeting rooms and sort it out.  What's so difficult about that?  With the internet, we could do it over a chat forum, with each response to the EU subject to a thirty-second poll.  We could bring democracy into the 21st century, and have government by Facebook Likes.

Well it would certainly be better, than what we are at present seeing in the H.O.C.

People's Vote this weekend which promises to be a biggie - look at all the young bright faces THEY are the future not so antediluvian backward looking dinosaurs. ! <picture of fat bloke in pub wearing Union Jack shirt and shorts>. I and the missus would be on it but our flight back to our beloved country is on the 3rd April. 

https://www.peoples-vote.uk/march

6 hours ago, malagateddy said:

Hopefully Italy puts the boot in re another extension..then it's NO DEAL emoji2.png

Sent from my SM-G7102 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Dream on the EU isn't ready to throw Ireland under the bus. Which is what no deal would mean. People's Vote, Remain and then that's that and the fat bloke in the Union Jack suit in the pub can go back to being a minor celebrity pub bore.

People voted already..get over it..deal with it

People's Vote this weekend which promises to be a biggie - look at all the young bright faces THEY are the future not so antediluvian backward looking dinosaurs. ! . I and the missus would be on it but our flight back to our beloved country is on the 3rd April. 

https://www.peoples-vote.uk/march

Dream on..Italy imo will veto another extension..they are not wimps like some other ru countries

Dream on the EU isn't ready to throw Ireland under the bus. Which is what no deal would mean. People's Vote, Remain and then that's that and the fat bloke in the Union Jack suit in the pub can go back to being a minor celebrity pub bore.

1 minute ago, malagateddy said:

People voted already..get over it..deal with it

We are dealing with it. With arch Remainer Theresa May the only solemn promise that she has made and is yet to break is that there will be no second referendum. Achieving that too should be no problem if she gets an extension.

5 hours ago, dick dasterdly said:

Sadly, I agree.

But to look on the bright side, this will prove that both brit. and eu politicians are determined that the uk will not leave.

You may think that those voting for leave in the electorate will be happy with this - but I'm not convinced!

You can't please all of the people all of the time. At least they will please the 48% of the population who voted remain plus all those who now realise what a bad idea that was.

5 hours ago, dick dasterdly said:

"So, if you don't like May's deal, I presume that you are happy with Bercow's decision to not allow any more votes on May's deal."

Obviously I can't speak for Vogie - but personally yes, I am very happy with bercow's decision ????.  Both uk and eu politicians are left in a position where they will prove that they are only interested in BRINO or remain - certainly not leave!

Which would serve the purpose of disproving the theory that all those you mention are brainless.

27 minutes ago, Spidey said:

You can't please all of the people all of the time. At least they will please the 48% of the population who voted remain plus all those who now realise what a bad idea that was.

Which would serve the purpose of disproving the theory that all those you mention are brainless.

Brexit is not all about your portfolio. ????????????

Hopefully Italy will put the boot in re an extension[emoji6]

We are dealing with it. With arch Remainer Theresa May the only solemn promise that she has made and is yet to break is that there will be no second referendum. Achieving that too should be no problem if she gets an extension.

17 minutes ago, vogie said:

Brexit is not all about your portfolio. ????????????

And it's not about yours either. Although I'm liable to think that you think that yours is the only portfolio.

Having difficulty with the fact that at least 48% of the British public disagree with you? 

2 hours ago, tebee said:

Hard brexit won't stop Bmw exporting cars to the UK - they will just cost 4 grand more to buy. Yes they may sell fewer, but then every other luxury car will cost 4 grand more - do people who buy them worry about pfifferling change like that ?

Perhaps we can compare notes 6 months/a year after we leave to see which option was nearer the mark ????

6 minutes ago, Spidey said:

And it's not about yours either. Although I'm liable to think that you think that yours is the only portfolio.

Having difficulty with the fact that at least 48% of the British public disagree with you? 

And 52% disagree with you, end of.

1 minute ago, Chomper Higgot said:

A number you are afraid to put to the test.

Times change, public opinion changes - especially in the face of facts and reality.

Am I correct in thinking you are referring to the losers vote?

Polling guru Sir John Curtice told the BBC this afternoon that, contrary to what the ‘People’s Vote’ campaign are trying to claim, “the weight of the evidence is that there hasn’t been an increase in support” for a second referendum. The only way Remainers can manipulate polls to generate support for a vote is by implying that Remain wouldn’t be on the ballot paper…

https://order-order.com/2019/03/19/sir-john-curtice-demolishes-remains-voodoo-polling/

15 minutes ago, vinny41 said:

Polling guru Sir John Curtice told the BBC this afternoon that, contrary to what the ‘People’s Vote’ campaign are trying to claim, “the weight of the evidence is that there hasn’t been an increase in support” for a second referendum. The only way Remainers can manipulate polls to generate support for a vote is by implying that Remain wouldn’t be on the ballot paper…

https://order-order.com/2019/03/19/sir-john-curtice-demolishes-remains-voodoo-polling/

Brexiteer relies on ‘guru’.

Struggles with the word ‘expert’.

Irony lives.

UK could have 2nd referendum if the options were "Leave now/immediately without a deal and work under WTO"  --OR--  "Leave after another 3 years of trade and immigration chaos."  There's no "Remain" option --  that horse bolted years ago.

I think there could be a problem with the extension as asked by Pm May …, as asked up to 30 juni….

BUT this is behind the date of 26May E.U. elections and as a member still then ...so bound to organize E.U elections in the U.K.

Maybe this could be rejected because  that ….( voiced by E.U. officials ….)

Later to hear more about that I think , as letter just arrived to Tusk but already the voicing started ...as no real reason in it for delay art 50 

Here more the reason for a refusal in case up to 26 May (E.U. elections taking place 

“Any extension offered to the United Kingdom should either last until 23 May 2019 or should be significantly longer and require European elections,” the document said. “This is the only way of protecting the functioning of the EU institutions and their ability to take decisions.”

EU states which were due to receive additional legislative seats after Brexit would need to know by mid- to late April if they would be denied those seats because Britain was staying.

The note also said that in any extended membership, Britain should, “in a spirit of loyal cooperation”, commit to “constructive abstention” on key issues, such as the EU’s long-term budget and filling top EU posts after the May election.

17 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Oh it is already in the papers …. seems or a short can road kicking or a highway can kicking for T. May , but then as full paying members …, seems the E.U . is really fed up with the U.K Brexit soap ????

7 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Is it riddle-mee-ree Wednesday or something, it doesn't say they would not give T May a short extension, please help me out here, what are you trying to tell me. There is nothing to chew on, we all knew that there was going to be an extension, she has asked for a short extension, most would have preferred to leave at the end of March but que cera cera. 

It is not up to the EU commission, which your link implies, but the 27 remaining countries of the EU. A no deal is still possible and would be the best option for all concerned, but let's check in another hour, it may have well have changed again.

Archived