Honest Bangkok taxi driver returns 400,000 baht to Danish tourist

webfact

As is always the case.; how did the driver know it was there? Do taxi drivers inspect the back seat and underseat areas every time a passenger alights.

Why didn't the next passenger find the bag?

Amazing Thailand. If you left 20k cash in a taxi in the west you can kiss it bye bye.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 2

31 minutes ago, tlandtday said:

sorry but he certainly isn't dressed like a guy carrying that much cash.

Right, he is more dressed for a beach party. 

The only reason for carrying that sum of money is if they were on their way to a car dealer and just been visiting the bank.

I paid for my car with cash, and that was the only time, the seller followed me to the bank.    

• Haha 1

Complete BS as usual ! Exactly why didn’t he go back to the hotel where he dropped them off ? I guess he had to make it public just for the photo shoot ????????‍♂️ 

He appears as if he could use new clothes for himself just after having showed he’s honesty perhaps ????

He had no choice but to return it,  he would have been easy to track down by cameras at the Airport and hotel, I left video camera in a taxi once, only got it back after police contacted my hotel I stayed at got the cab details then went to the cab drivers house and got the camera

• Like 1

20 hours ago, JamJar said:

Erm....if he dropped them off at the 13 Coins Hotel.....why didn't he simply go back to that hotel to look for them in the first instance?

Perhaps it was they who contacted the airport to find him....and since their trip was recorded, he had little choice.

A substantially different scenario.

My thoughts exactly about contacting the Hotel to locate them