Residence Certificate - New Requirement at Jomtien?

2 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:
38 minutes ago, jacko45k said:
Where is it clearly listed what is required to obtain a Certificate of Residence needed for particular reasons? As this is a new requirement (6 months) many people will be arriving unaware, having obtained their last one prior to that.

Why is the Immigration department so deeply interested in the reason for my COR request? A third party requires it, immigration know my status yet likely will want some more paper and fluff as a back-up , plus I am required to pay for it. 
What are these COR's being used for that is causing them such consternation?

Are you a newbie here? logic is thin on the ground when they come up with rules

Well hardly as you could readily determine. Rules, get more of an impression of spontaneous impediments!

15 hours ago, bkk6060 said:

I think showing AIS bills as the OP did can raise suspicions.

Why not go in with a contract or sale agreement, which is much more solid then AIS bill.

I do not rent the house, it was the marital home and since our divorce then I can live there for as long as I like as part of the divorce agreement.

Any proof of address should be sufficient, unless that has changed also.

16 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

I was there just under a couple weeks ago, Jomtien requirements changed about 6 months ago. You need to take purchase receipt to prove you've bought the car. How difficult is that?

As has been pointed out, it is not difficult IF you know that it is a requirement, which I did not, as it never was in the past and still isn't in other offices.

The point behind my OP was to check if there was some specific document they required, as the lady refused to expand at the time.

As has been pointed out, it is not difficult IF you know that it is a requirement, which I did not, as it never was in the past and still isn't in other offices.
The point behind my OP was to check if there was some specific document they required, as the lady refused to expand at the time.
Their customer service skills are close to zero but its best to not antagonize them although very tempting. Its always best to check on this forum first and/or do a reconnaissance mission first

• 8 months later...
1 minute ago, Thailand J said:

Needed a Residence Cert to buy a new car. Went to Jomtein this morning to try my luck. Was told to go to Toyato first. okay......

You could have got one for a bank account easier enough, maybe Toyota would have accepted that, at least should do if pragmatic

• 2 years later...