PND 91 Tax Refund by Prompt Pay for Farang

I'm due a refund - and no, although I setup Prompt Pay for it, it is not apparently going to be paid that way... i'm told a cheque is on the way (!) - will find out once i get off this oil rig and back home.

I'll update then - we had an accountant do my and the wifey's taxes this time, she did it online seemed fairly painless (if you have the relevant numbers/paperwork from your eomployers as I had), so am now registered online for next year.

1 hour ago, coops said:

I'm due a refund - and no, although I setup Prompt Pay for it, it is not apparently going to be paid that way... i'm told a cheque is on the way (!) - will find out once i get off this oil rig and back home.

I'll update then - we had an accountant do my and the wifey's taxes this time, she did it online seemed fairly painless (if you have the relevant numbers/paperwork from your eomployers as I had), so am now registered online for next year.

Check the other threads on this topic.  You wont get a cheque, you will get a letter which you have to take to Krung Thai Bank.

On 3/22/2019 at 9:49 AM, YT3k72Em said:

Check the other threads on this topic.  You wont get a cheque, you will get a letter which you have to take to Krung Thai Bank.

Correct - the form/letter just got to my home with the barcode... 

this thread

post #3

"I have just been through this process (last week) and it was surprisingly easy.

I went to my local Krungthai bank, gave them my tax refund letter, passport & work permit and about 10 minutes later they issued me with a ‘PromtCard & PIN.

No new bank account needed & I have never had a Krungthai account.

The money was in the ‘PromtCard’ account and I was able to draw it straight away.

I did leave some of the refund in the account to keep the ‘PromtCard’ open for next year’s refund.

One important detail about the ‘PromtCard’, it can only be used in a Krungthai ATM."

34 minutes ago, coops said:

One important detail about the ‘PromtCard’, it can only be used in a Krungthai ATM."

Another less important detail but for the avoidance of doubt it is not called a "PromtCard" and has nothing to do with PromptPay. It is an e-card which gets loaded with cash which you can then remove from a KT ATM. 

Yup, thanks

It is amusingly crazy that even with a Thai bank account at Krungsri with PromptPay enabled/authorised, it is still not an option for a non Thai individual.

Hey ho.... not that big a deal as there's a Krungthai bank at Town in Town very close to me, and it'll be ready for next year.

Archived