Can You Recommend A Place To Stay In Singapore

:o

HI

We will be doing our 90 day visa run in a couple of weeks and have decided to do a flying visit to Singas for a few days Having never stayed there before any advice would be welcome I need to open an offshore account and am looking at HSBC most important for my misses is where to stay and shopping we would be happy to stay in mid range hotel with pool if you know the best places to stay let me know.I thank you all in anticipation for your assistance

Edited by oswaldcassidy

Whenever my relatives fly into Singapore for a couple of days, I will book them into the Hotel Asia. Its not pricey and its a short walk from the famous Orchard Road area, which is good for shopping and food. Heres the link http://hotels.online.com.sg/hotels-in-scottsroad.asp

In the same link, you can find the Sheraton. Thats where I booked rooms for some of my business visitors. Its a grand hotel thats near Orchard Road and the traffic is not too bad.

Welcome to Singapore!

Michael

HI

We will be doing our 90 day visa run in a couple of weeks and have decided to do a flying visit to Singas for a few days Having never stayed there before any advice would be welcome I need to open an offshore account and am looking at HSBC most important for my misses is where to stay and shopping we would be happy to stay in mid range hotel with pool if you know the best places to stay let me know.I thank you all in anticipation for your assistance

http://www.taihoehotel.com/

cheap & clean , but nothing fancy.

That hotel in the link above looks like very good value. But it looks a bit far away (in Singapore terms) from the Thai embassy and the other places yoyu probably want to go (CBD).

I stay at the Phoenix Hotel (nr Somerset MRT) when I'm there. But at around S $200 it is a bit pricey. The Holiday Inn mentioned above is also good. Again not cheap though. You get what you pay for as always.

Phoenix used to have computers in the rooms with free Internet access and a McDonals across the street that served cheap B'fasts.

That hotel in the link above looks like very good value. But it looks a bit far away (in Singapore terms) from the Thai embassy and the other places yoyu probably want to go (CBD).

I stay at the Phoenix Hotel (nr Somerset MRT) when I'm there. But at around S $200 it is a bit pricey. The Holiday Inn mentioned above is also good. Again not cheap though. You get what you pay for as always.

Phoenix used to have computers in the rooms with free Internet access and a McDonals across the street that served cheap B'fasts.

Location is not that bad , but it is not right in the city center.

The price relfects such , but it is not a long journey to Orchard Road and the savings to many are worth it ( me!).

Last time I went there I've checked in at the Orchard Parade hotel, the room is somewhere about 4500 baht, it's got a very good location (3 or 4 minutes walk to the HSBC branch), very close to most of the shopping complexes and really nice rooms. Have fun!

HI

I can't recommend a hotel but would like to ask readers to comment on chain of hotels called Hotel 81 located thoughout Singapore.

:D

HI

Depends on your budget.

I normally stay at Negara on Claymore (formerly Meritus Negara)

Around 5000baht/night. 3 minutes walk from Thai Embassy. The back of the hotel is opposite the infamous Orchard Towers , if thats your thing :o

Nice new rooms, nice place overall

Well, I stayed in Golden Landmark Hotel, which is on Bugis Junction. A nice hotel with a decent price of 2,500 baht per night. Walking distance from the MRT (or whatever they call it) and complementary breakfast, swimming pool and nice rooms.

HI

I can't recommend a hotel but would like to ask readers to comment on chain of hotels called Hotel 81 located thoughout Singapore.

Hotel 81 is NOT good

Well, I stayed in Golden Landmark Hotel, which is on Bugis Junction. A nice hotel with a decent price of 2,500 baht per night. Walking distance from the MRT (or whatever they call it) and complementary breakfast, swimming pool and nice rooms.

Yes, Golden Landmark Hotel. Bugis junction itself is a train station - MRT (Mass Rapid Transit). 5 mins to Orchard Road and Thai Embassy by train.

HI

Hotel 81 is pretty ok imo. The rooms are clean and the rates are relatively cheap. However, it has gained a dubious reputation for being a sex hotel chain. Well, you cant please everyone.

I have never stayed in it but there is a YMCA located very close to Orchard Road. I would think the rates are reasonable and great location. Sorry I dont have the address but a quick google shoud find it.