Thai voters go to polls as coup-leader, 'democratic front' face off

rooster59

• Replies 246
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, steven100 said:

agree ....  they don't give a hoot ... as long as the government is seen to be doing something .. a bit like every other nation.

Democracy has worked well in Australia & the UK for the past 5 years ... lol !!!  ????

The difference is Steven they failed the people, but they are subject to voter scrutiny.  Your less than gracious junta failed the people and ruined democracy in favor of shortcuts and using force on those they are avowed to protected.   There is no greater failing than that.   One day Thailand may live up to the standard of Malaysia.   

1 hour ago, madmen said:

"pro-Thaksin parties have won every election since 2001, but the past 15 years have seen crippling street protests that destabilised the government and hamstrung business."

Who wants to return to this ?

Most who like job security, participatory government, all night partying, a government that is not reviled by civilized countries. 

5 minutes ago, yellowboat said:

Most who like job security, participatory government, all night partying, a government that is not reviled by civilized countries. 

Doubt it . The current govt is the most stable in decades.

2 hours ago, mike787 said:

...Yep!  It's not likely anything written here will influence the vote.  Therefore, on that note, I'm heading out to walking street for beer and sexy thai girls...who's gonna join me?  Anyone! The rest of you keep the BS narrative flowing... 

ah, the march of the sex tourist continues despite petty politics

7 minutes ago, madmen said:

So what happens if Prayut is sent packing. Does that now mean the Election was never rigged in the first place? 

the army retains defacto control of every vote and he or someone like him continues to call the shots

29 minutes ago, madmen said:

So what happens if Prayut is sent packing. Does that now mean the Election was never rigged in the first place? 

Nah, just means they were arrogant enough to think they would get enough votes on top of their guaranteed 250 senators to win......and if they don't win their attack dog Suthep has already said he'll be out with the 2014 mob again.

Unsure if i'm allowed to post this, if not then just delete the message.

People in my friend's village have been approached yesterday by you-know-who's goons. They made their rounds through the village, knocking on people's doors asking them to vote for their master. In return they receive 1000 baht, and they must send a copy of their ID card by message.

I heard same thing is happening in other places.

15 minutes ago, Dooball said:

Unsure if i'm allowed to post this, if not then just delete the message.

People in my friend's village have been approached yesterday by Prayuth's goons. They made their rounds through the village, knocking on people's doors asking them to vote for Prayuth. In return they receive 1000 baht, and they must send a copy of their ID card by message.

I heard same thing is happening in other places.

This being the hub of both corruption and crazy rumours, there is no way to know.

4 hours ago, jlwilliamsjr18 said:

And....???? roll please.  How about those international observers? 

Just come back from my wife’s family house in Bangkok. All took the 500 baht bait and voted for you know who. For the last 5 or so years they have complained in private about the army take over as they consider themselves being  Thaksin supporters! ????  They are far from poor so didn’t need the money. 

Waste of time and if they complain to me again about this government...............

Wow an anonymous forum used for the purpose of furthering ones political agenda via " I heard " thousands of baht for vote rigging from wife in her village ...oh puleeze ????

just wait and see who the Thai people voted for and if your side loses then you can scream it was rigged ????

According to a very, very recent Bangkok University poll (completed a few days ago) of several thousand Thais, 25.9% said they are going to vote for Pheua Thai and 28.7% are going to vote for Palang Pracharat (Prayut's party).

Given that Bangkok University is a bastion of the Establishment, how much credibility do you think these poll 'results' possess?

I think I know the answer!

9 minutes ago, Netease said:

I'm hearing Pheua Thai is far in front does anyone have an update

Yes: a Super Poll exit poll claims that Pheua Thai has won 163 seats (not enough to allow it to be a majority government)  and Prayut's party has won 96 (thus is in second place). This would still mean that Prayut will likely 'become' the 'democratically elected Prime Minister'.

Of course these figures are totally reliable and dependable (as is the whole election process) - and there will be no changes or manipulations in the coming days ...!

5 minutes ago, Eligius said:

Yes: an exit poll claims that Pheua Thai has won 163 seats (not enough to allow it to be a majority government)  and Prayut's party has won 96 (thus is in second place). This would still mean that Prayut will likely 'become' the 'democratically elected Prime Minister'.

Of course these figures are totally reliable and dependable (as is the whole election process) - and there will be no changes or manipulations in the coming days ...!

F2F9C734-AF75-4711-9B0B-E2FDD40494BF.jpeg

9BCEEF3F-FE4C-46A3-9D4B-C6E4A12A9196.jpeg

19 minutes ago, BestB said:

F2F9C734-AF75-4711-9B0B-E2FDD40494BF.jpeg

9BCEEF3F-FE4C-46A3-9D4B-C6E4A12A9196.jpeg

5555555 and still PT wins the election if the exit poll is to be believed. The democrats lost votes to the Junta party. If this is close to the eventual result, it can only be seen as a huge loss of face for Prayuth. 

Not really a surpise of course...

Edit to add: according to the nation, those 173 seats are all constiuency seats, and the party would have grabbed 0 party list seats, that cannot be possible. It is save to say, that result will go north of 200 seats. (providing the counting is going to be fair)...

51 minutes ago, madmen said:

Wow an anonymous forum used for the purpose of furthering ones political agenda via " I heard " thousands of baht for vote rigging from wife in her village ...oh puleeze ????

just wait and see who the Thai people voted for and if your side loses then you can scream it was rigged ????

Doesn't matter who they vote for. It's still rigged.

2 minutes ago, baboon said:

Doesn't matter who they vote for. It's still rigged.

Yes, Baboon. It is rigged in the sense that Prayut will magically emerge as P.M. - and the militarists will magically (not least through the Senate) maintain control of Thailand. NO WAY WILL A PHEUA THAI GOVERNMENT BE ALLOWED TO STAND.

Archived