Pattaya’s Biggest St. Patrick’s Day Parade so far

Rimmer

Pattaya’s Biggest St. Patrick’s Day Parade so far

image.png

Fathers Peter, Sukhum and Michael and the Deputy Mayor Ronakit Ekasingh welcome the Ambassador and his wife Marie Cotter.

PATTAYA:--Now in its ninth year, the Pattaya’s St. Patrick’s Day Parade grows in size each year. Taking place on the afternoon of the 17th of March, the weather was overcast, but being Sunday afternoon there were many shoppers and holidaymakers lining the route, which, as it does each year, started at Alcazar Theatre on Second Road, down Soi 4, along Pattaya Beach Road and ended at Pattaya School No. 8.

A sea of green, almost a kilometer in length, made its way slowly past the sunbathers on the beach; the sight of elderly and portly men wearing the skimpiest of Speedo-style swimming trunks did bring a smile to the faces of the children parading past.

image.png

This was the first year that the newly installed Ambassador at the Embassy of Ireland, His Excellency Tony Cotter, together with his wife Marie Cotter, took part in the parade. They were welcomed by Fathers Peter, Sukhum and Michael from the Father Ray Foundation and Deputy Mayor Ronakit Ekasingh.

Read more: https://www.pattayamail.com/news/pattayas-biggest-st-patricks-day-parade-so-far-249967

-- PATTAYA MAIL 2019-22-03--

Hahahaha that photo " kiss me I'm Irish " .. reminds me of Thin Lizzy's frontman the late Phil Lynott calling to the crowd at a gig " Is there anyone here with any Irish in them " ? huge roar returns from the masses , Lynott again " are there any of the girls who'd like a little more Irish in them " ? even louder roar comes back .. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Justgrazing said:

Hahahaha that photo " kiss me I'm Irish " .. reminds me of Thin Lizzy's frontman the late Phil Lynott calling to the crowd at a gig " Is there anyone here with any Irish in them " ? huge roar returns from the masses , Lynott again " are there any of the girls who'd like a little more Irish in them " ? even louder roar comes back .. 

Little being the operative word, according to a friend of mine who claimed he witnessed Mr Lynott stuffing a sock down the front of his trousers before a gig.