London Embassy E Visa Applications Start Date Changed From April 1st to May 2019.

2 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

The consulates in the UK are honorary consulates which not be an option show on the website for a applications.

Only official Thai consulates would be shown and there are none in the UK.

Joe Buck said you could choose your location not me, I believe at one time Hull could issue most of the Visas but are limited to what they can issue ?

11 minutes ago, Jumbo1968 said:

Joe Buck said you could choose your location not me, I believe at one time Hull could issue most of the Visas but are limited to what they can issue ?came up that way. It was not intentional.

Sorry

I selected your quote of his post instead his original post is the reason that it came up that way. It was not intentional.

11 minutes ago, Jumbo1968 said:

I believe at one time Hull could issue most of the Visas but are limited to what they can issue ?

Hull and the other honorary consulates were restricted as to what visa they could issue a few years ago. Being able to issue multiple entry non immigrant visas was one of them. Honorary consulates in other countries had similar restrictions placed upon them at the same time.

At one the only visa they could not issue was the OA long stay visa.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Jumbo1968 said:

Why couldn’t you apply online in London and if your application was successful authorise the Honorary Consulates too issue the Visas.

Because there would be no way for the honorary consulate to paid for their services. They only earn income from the visa fees they collect. You pay for the visa online when you do the application and that goes directly to the the Ministry of Foreign Affairs.

• Like 2

consulates could get fee income paid same way embassy going get it's income from the fee or have a separate fee if use a consulate location over the embassy.

If UK embassy still keen keep in house control which is probably the case then keeping a postal service seems only way they going make it work smoothly  .

Calling it an evisa is bit misleading as it not much more than an online appointment booking system in current suggested form .

Edited by BuckBee

7 minutes ago, BuckBee said:

consulates could get fee income paid same way embassy going get it's income from the fee or have a separate fee if use a consulate location over the embassy.

I am not sure you fully understand the difference between a official Thai consulate and a honorary Thai consulate is.

A official Thai consulate is under the Ministry of Foreign affairs and can do about the same things as an embassy with the exception of diplomatic functions since there is no ambassador at them.

In the case of a online application a official Thai consulate if selected would do the approval and issuance of the visa.

A honorary consulate would not be shown on the online application website since they are not part of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs.

• Thanks 1

On 5/4/2019 at 5:37 PM, Jip99 said:

A 59 year old friend just applied by post and received a 12 month multiple entry Non-Imm 'O' based on retirement

I'm slightly off topic I guess , but, that's very interesting, I was always lead to believe that this visa was only available for people with a state pension, surely at only 59 your friend doesn't yet get a state pension. I might try for one myself do you know what documents he had to show?

5 minutes ago, Bday Prang said:

I'm slightly off topic I guess , but, that's very interesting, I was always lead to believe that this visa was only available for people with a state pension, surely at only 59 your friend doesn't yet get a state pension. I might try for one myself do you know what documents he had to show?

He applied by post, submitted good financial information the ME 12m Non-O came back.

He said that he didn't specifically request an ME Non-O but that is what came back.

Feels like being back in the good old days.

28 minutes ago, Jip99 said:

He applied by post, submitted good financial information the ME 12m Non-O came back.

He said that he didn't specifically request an ME Non-O but that is what came back.

Feels like being back in the good old days.

Good news indeed, thanks for the reply

• 4 weeks later...

Is 15th of June still the projected start date, or have there been anymore delays to the system getting rolling ?

No idea how a person would submit say, ed visa application supporting docs as those documents can be as thick as a thesis !

Edited by freedomnow