Denied Entry at Phuket

10 minutes ago, Thaiarrow said:

To those who have used this as an opportunity to make false claims on motivations of Thailand Immigration Service, you are asked to reconsider your erroneous statements and to offer an apology.

I wasn't asked anything should I still apology for nothing I did not said to immigration?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

50 minutes ago, JackThompson said:

All they would have to do is announce what the "new rules" are - whatever they would put in the AI.   Most visitors would simply comply, if they knew what was 100% OK - maybe "stay out 10 days before returning," or similar. 

IMHO, a 6 month a year maximum but guaranteed on SETV / VE would be acceptable for many.

At least all those who want to spend regularly long time here but are not "living here".

Edited by prb

Alright so quick update:

I was allowed to go to any destination I want which was very surprising since other 2 guys in the room (1 more joined few hours ago) have to go back to the same exact destination. One of them will have his flight costs covered by AirAsia though.

I booked return flight with AirAsia to KL and back to Phuket.

Thank you for all the replies from people trying to help and providing support. I appreciate it.

Could you also answer 4 questions about KL visa issuing process? (My first time there)

1. Do they require any other documents than:

- application form

- passport

- copy passport

- flight in and out of Thailand

- proof of accommodation in Thailand?

2. Where on the KL airport or close to embassy can I make photos and document prints?

3. I also found this on their website 

To ensure that clear and precise information is given, visa enquiry can only be made through email at [email protected].

I'm not sure what they mean. I already booked appointment for tomorrow 10.20-10.50.

4. And how much do I need in THB to show officer in KL when crossing immigration in case he/she asks?

Edited by Cheesus

1 hour ago, freedomnow said:

...when their new AI system boots up it will probably dragnet everyone with over 1.5 year straight on TV/visa-exempt vs this patchy 'some get through some don't and it has no consistency' phenomena that churns people up on threads like this...

Some guidelines for those who really understand the current limits of 'AI'.

'If its written in Python (program code), its probably machine learning.  If its written in PowerPoint its probably AI.'

The new immigration system will most likely be neither machine learning or AI but simply a codification of 'the rules' for immigration officers to follow.

Edited by mngmn
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, mngmn said:

Some guidelines for those who really understand the current limits of 'AI'.

'If its written in Python (program code), its probably machine learning.  If its written in PowerPoint its probably AI.'

The new immigration system will most likely be neither machine learning or AI but simply a codification of 'the rules' for immigration officers to follow.

Yep more "Thai web 7.0" hype ????

5 minutes ago, Cheesus said:

That is about all that is shown on this checklist you need to print out.

http://www.thaiembassy.org/kualalumpur/contents/images/text_editor/files/1_1 Toursit TR(1).pdf

6 minutes ago, Cheesus said:

That is just saying that is best way to get info from them.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Tayaout said:

I was there 3-4 years ago. You don't need a visa. They will simply stamp you a visa free entry for 90 days. However since you were denied entry in Thailand they will probably investigate why. Be ready to show that you have money, probably a flight out as well and just to be sure get some cancelable accommodation on booking.com or similar. I would book a flight with cancellation insurance online.

edit: You should definitely not come back by Phuket airport. Use a land border instead then a domestic flight if needed.

I was assured by immigration officer that if I get tourist Visa I can come by Phuket airport and I will be permitted entry.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Cheesus said:

I was assured by immigration officer that if I get tourist Visa I can come by Phuket airport and I will be permitted entry.

If you get denied again by another (or the same officer) I would be surprised that his promise will help you. They will most likely deny you for another reason this time. I was denied at DMK on my first tourist visa ever... Welcome to Thailand!

Edited by Tayaout
  • Like 1

28 minutes ago, Cheesus said:

Alright so quick update:

I was allowed to go to any destination I want which was very surprising since other 2 guys in the room (1 more joined few hours ago) have to go back to the same exact destination. One of them will have his flight costs covered by AirAsia though.

Thank you for all the replies from people trying to help and providing support. I appreciate it.

Could you also answer 4 questions about KL visa issuing process? (My first time there)

- application form

- passport

- copy passport

- flight in and out of Thailand

- proof of accommodation in Thailand?

2. Where on the KL airport or close to embassy can I make photos and document prints?

To ensure that clear and precise information is given, visa enquiry can only be made through email at [email protected].

I'm not sure what they mean. I already booked appointment for tomorrow 10.20-10.50.

4. And how much do I need in THB to show officer in KL when crossing immigration in case he/she asks?

I wish you luck getting a SETV from KL, but you should know that the passport full of old visas could go against you at that embassy, so you should have a plan C ready.

And I dont know how they will react to issuing a visa with a long history of tourism after you’ve been formally denied entry, so you should also expect that to go against you.

31 minutes ago, Cheesus said:

If I were you I won't risk entering at the airport even with a visa. You may be stopped again as you were recently denied. Is you passport stamped for denial with a reason code like 12.2? They can stop and deny entry on a Tourist visa also. It has happened before.

Here is a plan you can use but it will cost you some extra money now. Take a flight to Penang. Book a van from Penang to Hatyai. (you may have to book 24 hours prior to your departure). Then fly from Hatyai to Phuket on domestic. 

Good luck. 

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Cheesus said:

With your history of setv etc I wouldn't take any comfort in some io statement. You could be denied again at airport. Tourist visa does not guarantee entry. Some people will suggest enter via border. 

Edited by DrJack54
Error

1 hour ago, Cheesus said:

Glad you made it out to KL, much easier to plan the next step from there.

Your report (and another recent one) seem to be establishing a useful precedent here, that it's clearly untrue that the airline has to return you to the destination you came in from. I wonder if this is directly connected to not signing the papers that are put in front of you?

2 hours ago, Joe Mcseismic said:

Thanks for the best laugh I've had today.

What colour is the sky on your planet?

It works best in the context of the hilarious comment I was replying to:

2 hours ago, Thaiarrow said:

To those who have used this as an opportunity to make false claims on motivations of Thailand Immigration Service

Now THAT is Funny!! 

Ah, yes, the "pure as the driven snow" motivation of immigration, as they block customers with foreign-sourced incomes from spending at Thai businesses, destroying multiple Thai jobs with each foreigner denied-entry for false reasons. 

The only question is, who is paying for the agenda, since anyone with two eyes can see the "motivation" for how they operate (agents, etc).

But, yeah - of course tounge-in-cheek - as if anyone is holding their breath that the Don is going to pay for the shop his boys burned down, for not paying the demanded "protection" money.

Edited by JackThompson

8 hours ago, HampiK said:

Sorry for the OP, but if this happens a few more times maybe the airline can make some pressure to give more information about when someone could be denied. As the Airline also not happy to bring back more and more "tourists" without prior notice.

Or maybe someone higher up will see that the immigration person doing something wrong… anyway something hopefully will change in future

The airlines will pressure the Thai government? Do I have that right? More like they will simply insist on a tourist visa or you don't board. With a valid visa I can see the airlines strenuously objecting to paying to fly passengers anywhere, rightly so. At that point it's on the punter or Thai government.

In this situation I would believe they will continue to allow these people to fly anywhere, they just can't stay. Thailand is not that rigid and the reason for denial is currently vague and dubious.

Edited by Number 6

That is interesting. So you arrived with some Chinese airline, but were allowed to leave with another airline (Air Asia)?

I will arrive back in BKK mid-June with my first visa-exempt entry after 3 years. But I used ED visas consistently. I checked the flights with my airline, there are only two flights back to where I would come from per week. So if I got detained, which I still think is unlikely because I never used tourist/visa-exempt stuff, I would not sign anything and they would get bored holding me there for many days and perhaps let me out with AirAsia?

Edited by cerox

5 minutes ago, Number 6 said:

The airlines will pressure the Thai government? Do I have that right? More like they will simply insist on a tourist visa or you don't board.

And that's what I think will eventuate, especially if you have already had a recent VOA. Just imo

6 minutes ago, cerox said:

That is interesting. So you arrived with some Chinese airline, but were allowed to leave with another airline (Air Asia)?

I will arrive back in BKK mid-June with my first visa-exempt entry after 3 years. But I used ED visas consistently. I checked the flights with my airline, there are only two flights back to where I would come from per week. So if I got detained, which I still think is unlikely because I never used tourist/visa-exempt stuff, I would not sign anything and they would get bored holding me there for many days and perhaps let me out with AirAsia?

Unlikely since AirAsia is DMK not BKK, can't see them giving you a limo ride across town.  The guy who didn't sign apparently agreed to buy a ticket there and then in the presence of the agent as he was being processed, you would get bored of being held quicker than they would, best to be on your way asap

Edited by returnee222

1 hour ago, mngmn said:

A simple step-by-step, where they have to answer "yes/no" questions, and get a "pass/fail" at the end, would be best.  If left to what their supervisors tell them, this arbitrary roulette will never end, as they substitute their own agendas, for the law.

This could greatly simplify the process for the IO - customized for the visitor in question.  The machine-screening could take into account things like  whether the min-wage in the visitor's passport-country is higher than "under the table" Thai wages, whether previous-visitors from the visitor's passport-country have a significantly higher crime-involvement within Thailand, and etc.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1