Thai Passport

gbt71fa

I am a U.S. passport holder. Is it possible to get a Thai Passport? This all involves a job. Thanks for the help.

Are either of your parents Thai citizens or Thai permanent residents? If not, it is, to all effects, virtually impossible for you to gain a Thai passport. There is a route but it is very hard, takes many years and involves many hurdles.

Edited by Briggsy

I am a U.S. passport holder. Is it possible to get a Thai Passport? This all involves a job. Thanks for the help.

Are either of your parents Thai citizens or Thai permanent residents? If not, it is, to all effects, virtually impossible for you to gain a Thai passport. There is a route but it is very hard, takes many years and involves many hurdles.

Thanks...that is what I thought. The job requires a person with a passport other than U.S. (fianancial reasons). I knew a co-worker who had an Irish passport but I never got the story behind it. Oh well...heck.

I knew a co-worker who had an Irish passport but I never got the story behind it. Oh well...heck.

If your co-worker was American and also had an Irish passport most likely was that he had a parent born in Ireland or even a Grand-parent that was born in Ireland entitles one to an Irish passport.

I'm racking my brains but I can't think what job would accept all nationalities except American but accept Americans with dual nationalities.

They do hire Ameicans and they are an Ameican company working in the middle-east. If they hire an American than, by contract, have to pay a certain wage (pretty high). If not American than they can pay less...a cop-out I know.

If your co-worker was American and also had an Irish passport most likely was that he had a parent born in Ireland or even a Grand-parent that was born in Ireland entitles one to an Irish passport.

These days, you have to have a parent born in Ireland or a Grandmother born in Ireland. A Grandfather is not enough.