Question About The Line App

swm59nj

I have been using the Line App to communicate with a Thai woman in Bangkok that I met on Thai Friendly last August. I dated her for four months while in Bangkok, then texted her for two months when I returned to the USA. Im in the USA again, but planning to move to Bangkok very soon. Im 63 years old, retired. But she seems to have some issues, and she does not want to see me anymore. She's 47 years old, divorced, two kids 14 and 20. She works as an accountant for a big company in Bangkok (I know this for a fact), has a new car, always wears nice clothes no matter where, and is very very pretty. Anyway,  I noticed numerous farang men made comments on her profile pictures both recent and past. I asked her about this a while ago. She said she does not know these men. She claimed part of her profile on Line is set on public. and men she doesn't know can find her and post comments. Is this the way Line works? She is always taking pictures and videos of herself no matter where she is. When I was in Bangkok last December she showed me her iPhone. The phone said she had 20,040 pictures on it from just over a year, these being of herself. She also told me she had 645 Line contacts. Isnt this bazaar? All through out relationship she had a lot of up and down type of behavior. 

I recently met a 43 year old Thai woman in Bangkok on Tinder before returning to the USA. This is after the other woman I was dating said to me good-bye forever. This woman is an assistant manager at a major western hotel chain in Bangkok. I noticed also that some farang men made comments on her Line profile pictures. For the heck of it I asked her about it. She also said she did not know these men. And had no idea how they made comments on her pictures.

Is it possible to meet a nice woman in Bangkok? Im single and don't want to be alone when I live there. I have the impression (maybe too early to actually tell), that there is a lack of sincerity. That a number of these women just seem to want to have a collection of farang men. Even the woman I dated for in Bangkok for a number of months was not 100% truthful. There were a good many times she would give me conflicting stories, sometime off the wall. Then if I asked her about it, she would flip out, and say there was no reason for her to answer.

Any advice would be appreciated. And sorry to be so wordy. Thank you.

The relationship landscape in Thailand is littered with old foreigners and broken hearts...it has been my experience that the Thai culture does not punish Thai people for lying or cheating...

Knowing this fact can help you navigate the dating minefield without sinking your financial ship.

You are not handsome...Thai women do not lust after your old body...you can provide a steady income...????

Even when you catch them red handed sexting and, for example, telling I guy she is waiting to suck his cxxk, they will still deny anything is going on. You will never get the truth about TF and Line out of them. They think it's not cheating, even when it is.

Hello all. Im 63 years old from the USA, planning very soon to move to Bangkok. I was speaking to this Thai woman I know that lives in Bangkok. She is divorced, 44 years old, and has two children ages 15 and 13. She works as a assistant manager for a hotel from a major chain in Bangkok for 26 years.

OP. Slightly different to what you wrote about in the other thread. 

Everywhere I walk I see Thai ladies taking "selfies" then I see a lot of "selfies" in Timeline.... I asked "she who must be obeyed" why are Thai ladies always taking selfies and then posting them on the Internet?.....Her answer..."Because they want men to look at them"...(end of that conversion).

Many women on those kinds of sites (dating sites like Thai Friendly) put their Line ID (and/or Instagram ID) in the profile (and even use their phone numbers as their profile names).

Why ?

To increase the number of "hits" they get. Many of those dating sites have restrictions on men, preventing them from commenting on profiles or having limits and reduced features in order to try and sucker them into paying for a membership.

To get around that (so they can get more men contacting them) women will advertise their Line/Whatsapp/Instagram IDs so people can add them and contact them directly. Keep in mind that on most of those apps, the woman has to actually "accept" the friend requests for those people to be added to their contacts, but if they have their photos set to "Public" then pretty much anyone can comment on them. 
And the men aren't "searching" for those pics - they are (most likely) simply using the info that the woman provided on her profile to go check her (Facebook/Instagram/Line) profile and then comment on the pics - that they wouldn't be able to see if the women didn't want them to be seen.

Many of those women are either shopping for customers (i.e. short/long time sexual encounters) or looking for the "bigger, better, deal". Even when they have a fish on the hook, they are hoping a bigger fish will come along and when one does - BAM ! They are gone in a flash !

Here's a clue. If the profile has "4U" or "4you" in the name (or similar) or uses a phone number for the profile name, and the age range in their preferences is set to "Any" (for the minimum/maximum age range) then she probably isn't looking for a long term, serious, committed relationship.
If she's in a "relationship" with you (that doesn't involve you giving her money every morning and calling a mototaxi for her) and she still has her dating profile active - then she is probably still "open for business".

Where do you meet "nice" women ? Usually in the same places you'd meet them "back home". Restaurants, shops, through friends, places of common interest (libraries/museums/hobby clubs/etc). 

Keep in mind that most women are not looking for a 60+ year old guy that is broke and looking for a cheap housemaid/cook/sex toy. If they wanted a man like that they could just go back to their home village and find plenty, with the advantage that they'd all speak the same language.

On 3/26/2019 at 11:18 PM, swm59nj said:

I noticed numerous farang men made comments on her profile pictures both recent and past.

I noticed also that some farang men made comments on her Line profile pictures.

You may now notice that some farang men make comments on you and your love interests right here on ThaiVisa without even having a picture. This basically means: Farang men like to make comments.

You have to learn to pat the horse and not just fade forward. Much of the Thai girls are not what you expect. Primarily, it is the culture that makes the difference. Look good before you jump in the swing. I've been here for over 10 years and know what I'm talking about. There are shamefully good girls in every layer of society, but they must be chosen with care.

There are lots of professional Thai women who go out sleeping around. Some even work as part time prostitutes to boost their income. One I heard about was a Bank Manager at SCB.

Line is not Facebook and you can either use the wall which can be public or not, or just use it as private messaging.  Most Thai people I know that use line keep it private and don't allow their details to be public.

So make your own mind up about these "ladies" and their stories.

9 hours ago, BobbyL said:

Hello all. Im 63 years old from the USA, planning very soon to move to Bangkok. I was speaking to this Thai woman I know that lives in Bangkok. She is divorced, 44 years old, and has two children ages 15 and 13. She works as a assistant manager for a hotel from a major chain in Bangkok for 26 years.

sounds like a scam poster.. if he is 63yrs old, he is very naive and immature...

thai ladies do like taking selfies..

2 hours ago, leither69 said:

Fell asleep after the first paragraph!! Grow up.  She's a player and your an old man,. What have you learned in your 63 years?

blunt, but true unless you look like Brad Pitt and have nice assets and a strong personality your going to get used up and dumped quickly as you would in any country.

A few things

1) she is a player, best to avoid

2) women aren't generally attracted to older men, its a myth, generally they are looking for an ATM

3) Checking Line timeline is a good way to see how many men she has on the go. Those men often don't realise other people can see they've liked.

4) reference to 2) get on Thai Cupid and see how many much younger women contact you first. It will be close to zero

Man, the World has turned on its axis; long gone are those halcyon days in Thailand when a resident farang male had his pick of beautiful babes, despite being as ugly as Rupert Murdoch and as old as Methuselah. The shoe is on the other foot now, and boy don't the ladies know it. So be aware that, even though you may think yourself still eligible at 63 years old, there are hundreds if not thousands of farangs, resident or worldwide via apps, panting to rummage through your lady's drawers, and she has the pick of the bunch. 

20,000 pix in one year? Sounds like she needs a new farang once a year to buy her an upgraded iPhone, along with all the other toys. So lucky you, guess who's the mug gonna buy it for her this year....not you!

4 hours ago, dotpoom said:

Everywhere I walk I see Thai ladies taking "selfies" then I see a lot of "selfies" in Timeline.... I asked "she who must be obeyed" why are Thai ladies always taking selfies and then posting them on the Internet?.....Her answer..."Because they want men to look at them"...(end of that conversion).   

I think they care more about other women looking at all those pictures.

I guess most men don't care about their latest food, cute animal, baby, fashion, whatever picture.

Hmmmm I think I will need to see all of the pictures and videos of what she is posting, in order to really be able to make a sound educated, logical and accurate comment.  Of course, my intentions are purely for the benefit of the Thaivisa forum.... ???? ????

12 hours ago, BobbyL said:

Interesting.  Clickbait thread(s)?  Troll?   

Register another ThaiFriendly account using a different name and with a pic downloaded from the Internet. Send her a message asking her for a date and see what she says. Say you will be in BKK on holiday and will she come to your hotel room for a few hours. I do this and have learnt a lot about potential girl friends.

Archived