Pattaya: Police volunteer attacks two year old child with truncheon after family turn around at checkpoint

webfact

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, bander said:

You alone against the whole corrupted Pattaya police force?

I think better to get out of Dodge as soon as possible. 

Just saying.

No responsibili European  adult would use a motor bike to transport his children in this country

No smoke without the fire. 

Eradicate the wannabe cops.

(That would be half the taxi bikes)

Too much underhand police work. 

Kicking the rear wheel is one.

Standing with the hand on the traffic lights control that turns them to red, another. 

Another one in pattaya is riding two on a bike and the second cop has a pen and paper plus a go pro on his helmet. 

Lazy policing. 

Then write down the fines later. 

They were doing it on 3rd road yesterday. 

Still no excuse for striking a 2 year old child. 

But the partners son already slaps the 4 month old baby.

I said that if I see him doing it again, I will be slapping him..

Not on..

UPDATE:

Police volunteer charged with wounding toddler

By THEERAWAT THONGMA, 
DETHAWEE THEEWARANGKOOL 
THE NATION

67a4713dfc6627cf00ae56b640130abd.jpeg

A POLICE volunteer who wounded a two-year-old boy as his parents tried to flee a traffic checkpoint in Chon Buri province has been charged with assault and suspended from duty.

Full story: https://forum.thaivisa.com/topic/1091986-pattaya-police-volunteer-charged-with-wounding-toddler/

20 hours ago, Briggsy said:

Fleeing a checkpoint is a risky business.

What did I miss?  The article says they "turned around".

I don't think that rises to the same thing as "fleeing a checkpoint".  

41 minutes ago, chaihot said:

What did I miss?  The article says they "turned around".

I don't think that rises to the same thing as "fleeing a checkpoint".  

I think deliberately trying to avoid a checkpoint and fleeing a checkpoint is a semantic difference.

17 hours ago, Pattaya28 said:

Why did they "double-back" ?

Because they were breaking the law.

And they knew it.

Should the family have been wearing safety helmets, none of this would have occurred. 

The blame for their injured son lies with them.

Was the 3 year old wearing a safety helmet ? No.

The consequences lie with the parents.

Mother says "all we were doing was trying to avoid a fine"

Wearing helmets would have avoided a fine.

1 simple question need be asked.

"Why were the 3 of them not wearing safety helmets" ?

Add to that no- one has yet stated the obvious, the coppers, as little love as I have for them have no idea why the were doing a runner. Just that they were. Might not have been just trying to dodge a non helmet fine they could have a had an ounce of ice or a few thousand yaba on them or nothing. Let's be realistic here if the coppers see you knowingly trying to flee from them they have every right to pursue. It was certainly unfortunate for the infant but his old man shouldn't be running from cops with his kid and missus on the bike should he?

2 hours ago, starky said:

Let's be realistic here if the coppers see you knowingly trying to flee from them they have every right to pursue.

But not the right to use violence and put you into danger.

OTOH as far as I can tell, most check points are intentionally set up in a way that smart people can avoid them and only either idiots, or clean people who don't mind getting checked, or drunks get caught.

Basically every checkpoint (except one, which was a military one) I have seen was _behind_ a U-turn option. Everyone who liked to skip it simply took the U-turn. And there was no one behind the U-turn to attempt to stop anyone who actually did the U-turn. However I live in a little town very provincial and not in Pattaya or Phuket ????

22 hours ago, Spidey said:

True. Have you ever seen a police volunteer, dressed in a black uniform and carrying a truncheon, on the Darkside?

Volunteer: check

Black uniform: check

truncheon: well.. check

Dark Side: check-a-check

pointless to point a vinger but the subject is in the photo below

51kIaTsEVTL.jpg.0ddb314b4bec6d18f22e625471d5e7f5.jpg

20 hours ago, Rimmer said:

I am puzzled by the parallel twin cuts on the babies head they do not look anything like the mark a police truncheon would make, I would have thought heavy bruising and possible skull damage resulting from the blow by a heavy truncheon, given the bike was probably moving as well. Even a collapsible steel police baton, would not leave a parallel track mark like the one shown in the picture.

It reminds me of the mark a piece of steel din rail  that is used for clipping MCBs onto could make. Or maybe some sort of curtain rail.

well spotted.. I did some measurement and tried hit me with the din rail I have here.. but the bends inside the rail wont penetrate the skin the outside and ends do but then it was a scratch mark instead of a hit mark.

Note the blue spot on top of these parallel scratches, looks like a wood stick wich had some nails or wires.  Same material used for the election boards that were fixed on poles along the road.

Hope the child recovers soon and left without skin and brain damage, it was a bad action from the police AND the parents. Child had nothing to do with this play.

Rgds

13 hours ago, sunnyboy2018 said:

No responsibili European  adult would use a motor bike to transport his children in this country

Well, as this is Thailand, and the people involved were Thais, and millions of Thais have to use motorcycles because they do not have the resources for anything else what exactly have "responsibili European adults" [sic], in this country, got to do with this? 

Christ, there's so many holier-than-thous on this thread who seem to be taking great delight in damning the motorcylists for committing a small transgression of the law and pronouncing it as their own fault as though they deserve this outcome.  I hope you all feel wonderful in the knowledge that you are in such lofty positions of being able to say that you have never, ever, broken a traffic law. 

16 hours ago, Briggsy said:

Ditto, has happened to me twice. Fortunately I didn't come off. One jumped out from behind a parked car and and chopped my arm. First I knew of it was him hitting me. Location : Ratchadamri. Outcome : I fled and escaped!

The other pulled level with me on a motorbike and again chopped my arm for being in the wrong lane. I was shocked. We were doing 80 km/h! He just hit me without warning. Location : Viphavadi. Outcome : I stopped and I think I was fined, can't remember.

Police endangering lives for tea money! It needs to be stopped! Where is Big Cheese when you need him?

8 hours ago, Briggsy said:

I think deliberately trying to avoid a checkpoint and fleeing a checkpoint is a semantic difference.

Not if - "oh shit, it came to my mind that I forgot my wallet, to lock the house or similar important things just prior to reach the checkpoint" ... :whistling:

I flee the police every opportunity I get. What is the point of stopping? I have only been chased once. And since there is no penalty for fleeing from the police here, no big deal. And even when I was chased, and caught, I told him I did not see him, and as soon as he saw my Thai drivers license, he let me go.

Sorry, but I just do not support the franchisees. I am fine with supporting real charities. But, not this one.

On 3/27/2019 at 12:00 PM, Happy Grumpy said:

Stop breaking the law. 

Yes, putting their child at risk by turning around, riding the wrong way and against traffic and refusing to stop.

To add to 3 on a bike, no helmets and whatever else they were running from.

37 minutes ago, DieterWiehe said:

to catch a Drug Runner

How can that be a drug runner? The guy took a U-turn and most likely did not even know/see that there is police on the other side. Hint: pillars!

15 hours ago, BigC said:

How do they know it was a volenteer?

Just asking out of interest?

It is written in the article which started the topic. And there are follow up articles confirming it.

10 hours ago, jacko45k said:

Yes, putting their child at risk by turning around, riding the wrong way and against traffic and refusing to stop.

To add to 3 on a bike, no helmets and whatever else they were running from.

Yup.

Take the child off them.

Criminals that are unfit to be parents. 

8 hours ago, elgenon said:

For some people the cost of helmets or a fine are big deals for their budgets. I do believe helmets are beneficial. What's the minimum wage these days? 300 per day?

Rubbish.  People can afford helmets but choose not to wear them.  You get a helmet for free when you buy a bike.  I see it all the time where people drive around slowly in town wearing a helmet, then take it off and chuck it in the basket when they leave town (and increase their speed).  Sometimes in town I see girls with helmets hanging off their elbows so they can put it on if they see a cop.
Just today I saw lady and kid on the bike, no one wearing a helmet but the kid was holding one in both hands (and not holding on to the bike or his mum).

I know a guy who ended up in the hospital because he went over a bump and the helmet flew out of the basket, causing him to crash.

It's not lack of funds that stops people from wearing helmets, it's stupidity.

Archived