Where to find individual buttons

connda

I need to repair some pants and shirts - they need buttons which have come off.  I ask the Mrs and have been told over and over "I fix that no worry", and literally a couple of years later I'm still missing buttons.
In the US - easy breezy to find buttons especially in stores that sell cloth.  Here?  I'm stumped.  I ask people and they look at me like I'm from a different planet - one that has no buttons.

Where can I buy buttons?  I need buttons for my slacks and for my shirts.  It would be nice if they matched in color and even better if I didn't have to buy a pack of 50 button in order to get just one or two that I need.

40 minutes ago, watcharacters said:

As time goes by I see things like a Soi  sewing lady less and less.   I guess time just changes things.

At least three on Lamphun Road near the Nong Hoi market. Perhaps they have worked out there are more potential customers on the main roads.

• Like 1

Chiang Moi Rd, right hand side, first corner after the Chinese Gate leading into the Warrarote Mkt area. Large cloth merchant right on the corner. Dozens and dozens of boxes of individual buttons, all sizes and shapes. Buy one or a hundred. If you turn right at that corner, there are 6-8+ other large cloth merchants. All of them sell buttons. Go down that street and turn right into the small soi just before the Chinese temple. Walk to the end of the block and you'll be facing a shop that ONLY sells buttons, ribbons, lace, etc.

If you walk around the back of Kad Luang there is one shop that has perhaps 500,000 buttons. Park on the soi which is the only soi where you drive on the right hand side of the road......park before you reach the gate to Kad Luang. Walk into the last driveway and to your right is a store - the name escapes me.....and they have lotsa buttons. If you can't find that shop, go into one of the many fabric shops. Perhaps 1/2 of them sell buttons too.

• Like 1