Resident in Thailand, going on holiday in Thailand, need TM30 again?

This has probably come up before, but I'm just asking for clarification.

My friend has been living here for a few years. TM30 done for his address years ago. He is going on holiday In Thailand , and the guest house will have to register a TM30. Will he have to do another TM 30 with his local Immigration office when he returns home to Lamphun?

Thanks

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

Most offices do not ask for a new TM30 report for trips within the country.

They would have to search in a special database to find out if a report was done by a hotel so most don't bother to do it.

Thanks, you're a star!

9 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

They would have to search in a special database to find out if a report was done by a hotel so most don't bother to do it

Ah ha. Now I know. When I rented my condo in Jomtian, the agent did the TM30. I went to Bangkok several times and stayed in hotels. I made a trip to Sisaket with my GF during the new year. I felt it is real annoying for the agent to file a new TM30 every time I go out. So, I did not ask her to file TM30 every time I go out. I went to the Jomtian immigration to file my 90-day and I had my initial TM30 on the top of the document list. He did not say one word. Recorded my 90-day filing and stapled TM30, 90-day report and departure card to my passport. 

• Like 2

20 hours ago, onera1961 said:

Ah ha. Now I know. When I rented my condo in Jomtian, the agent did the TM30. I went to Bangkok several times and stayed in hotels. I made a trip to Sisaket with my GF during the new year. I felt it is real annoying for the agent to file a new TM30 every time I go out. So, I did not ask her to file TM30 every time I go out. I went to the Jomtian immigration to file my 90-day and I had my initial TM30 on the top of the document list. He did not say one word. Recorded my 90-day filing and stapled TM30, 90-day report and departure card to my passport. 

The only time I’ve heard of it being asked is if you’ve got an exit/re-entry stamp and you haven’t reported. Had a friend get done for 1600thb for his gf because of that

Otherwise, as you said, there’s no issue 

20 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

Most offices do not ask for a new TM30 report for trips within the country.

They would have to search in a special database to find out if a report was done by a hotel so most don't bother to do it.

And what about the TM28?

5 minutes ago, AAArdvark said:

And what about the TM28?

They do not even try to enforce the reporting requirement for it other than using it for a change of address.

The only way they would know you stayed in another province more than 24 hours would be from a TM30 report or if you told them.

25 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

She would since she is the owner.

Does the office you report to want one if you leave and reenter the country? Several do not want one unless you change your address.

when i rented a new house i submitted the paperwork and not the owner. then when i went out of the country I again went to immigration and made the report of back in country. from these experiences i have the opinion immigration doesn't care who provides the report they just want the report. fwiw - both times cm immigration..

Edited by Peasandmash
  • Like 1

On 3/27/2019 at 7:21 PM, teacherofwoe said:

his local Immigration office when he returns home to Lamphun?

It is the policy of that one office that matters.  Some offices don't even want new TM-30s for the same-old-address after international trips. There are two questions which are pertinent:

• do they care / want a report for a domestic trip?
  • will you get caught if you don't?

I'd go and file the TM-30 just to be safe - and if they say, "We don't want this," then you don't have to bother the next time.

4 hours ago, Spaniel said:

My wife and I are off to the USA for 2 months.    When we return on 27 May who must complete the TM 30?  Her or me?  She owns the house where we live.     

The question is, if neither of you filed and you were subsequently fined, who would pay the fine?

If the answer is you, then you file the TM30.