Big Joke: Promises easier, faster and more "watertight" Immigration rules

webfact

3 hours ago, Jaxxper said:

Glad to see there is another issue that has got the keyboard tappers started again. The Thb 800/400 k posts were starting to get repetitive, boring, but thankfully finally starting to thin out. This should keep the keyboards tapping going for at least a month again now.

76 posts.  Quite sage advice from someone who hasn't been around too long.

• Replies 690
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, connda said:

You and others pontificate about 'burning bridges', but has it every occurred to you or the pea-brained crowd who managed not to get screwed in the various stock market downturns, specifically 1987, 2001, and 2008 that others did?  Or do you have a silver spoon permanently embedded where light seldom shines that you feel above all the hoi polloi.  So, you feel you can be holier-than-thou.  Congratulations. How wonderful for you.  So who burned the bridges?  Me?  No!  Leaving the US, or UK, or EU in order to make our fixed income stretch farther, to live a middle class life in a developing country rather than living on the dole in our own over-priced, urban-ghettos where the gentrified pretend to be scraping by on their trust funds, inheritances, and endowments, or family businesses which mommy and daddy willed to them? - that's burning bridges?  The bridge is still there dear dudes - but cross it and you're immolated by the cost of living, by the Machiavellian rules and regulations, and if you happen to look down and out or poor or a street person in your transition back from getting off the plane at home while trying to reestablish a life - if a cop shoots you for acting strange - you die, he's acquitted, and who cares. You frightened him so he had cause to riddle you with bullets.
Thailand is not the 'end-all'.  It's a place who's usefulness as an expat retirement haven and a place to raise a Thai family may be reaching its end.
But there are you who believe you're better than the rest of us - which is a very Thai cultural imperative - "I'm higher than you, and you are lower than dirt."  The trouble is - I'm not Thai.  I don't buy into it. I don't give a damn who you think you are.  And to paraphrase Lee Marvin in the Professionals,

'You may consider me a bastard, but you sir, are a self-made man.'

Try some empathy.  It's good for the soul. 

Who's the empathy for? Do you feel empathy for tourists who get into motorbike accidents and then set up a GoFundMe campaign to pay their hospital bills? Why should the rest of the world feel empathy for you or me just because we decided to live in Thailand for whatever reason.

Sorry, but it is you who is spoiled to the extreme and has been fed with a silver spoon. You complain about living in ghettos back home, but did you actually put any work back in your country or did you come to Thailand to exploit the cheap currency and poor women?

Who cares about your plight. It was made out of poor selfishness.

I'd tell you to grow up, but you are probably 72

We moved here over 4 years ago.
The Govt's of countries are perfectly entitled to change rules/regs as they see fit.
Just look at the monty python brexit circus right now..you couldn't make it up.
Sadly..not much any expat can do if rules/regs are changed.
As a side issue..I wish the UK Govt had someone like big joke in charge of immigration..he'd soon be rounding up the well over 1000000 illegals.

how would you feel if the UK decided to rescind your wife's citizenship, restart the process, and make you pay the new x+y+z?

effective immediately..

..you know just because it's their country and they can [emoji6]

but i'm sure you wouldn't mind, just "cut back on non essentials like fags and booze" for a while and it's no problem eh!

thats how retiree's feel right now.

having retired (!) to a country under a set of rules only to have those rules changed and then not be grandfathered in. it's BS.

Sent from my SM-G7102 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

21 minutes ago, connda said:

I can't wait until Immigration requires elderly couples like myself and wife to take picture of ourselves doing the horizontal mambo in order to 'prove' that we're actually married even after 12 years of matrimony.

Please don't post the photos here I beg you. I'll take you word for it!

22 minutes ago, connda said:

I can't wait until Immigration requires elderly couples like myself and wife to take picture of ourselves doing the horizontal mambo in order to 'prove' that we're actually married even after 12 years of matrimony.

That demand coming Soon sir because has to be watertight.

Lets hope his proposals are more watertight. We all know the the so called "agencies" facilitating retirement extensions, when in fact many of those people could not meet the requirements were the reason that the UK embassy and others could no longer verify income as request by the Thai immigration authorities.  It is unfortunate that those of us us married to Thais have been dragged down and labelled with the same derogatory tags as many who had achieved an extension based on retirement through dubious, and most probably illegal means.

That said I hope that extensions based on marriage, an institution that can easily be verified as legitimate, is separated from extensions based on retirement which appears in most cases to be a litany of fraudulent claims supported by fraudulent agents who pay of bank/immigration staff.

The extension based on marriage IMHO should be based on entirely different critique so as to ensure that the thousands of people supporting their Thai families are not prejudiced against due to the fake and illegal practices often witnessed in extensions based on retirement.

1 hour ago, fforest1 said:

He retired here under certain rules and expectations....So he should be grandfathered in under thoes rules....

Spain sounds like the perfect country for all condescending posters who full of themselves.....    

great food and wine.

8 hours ago, RJRS1301 said:

Ten finger fingerprints??

What those with amputations of fingers or hands, or those with birth malformations are they banned from entering?

Iris recognition, what about those with eyesight deficiencies and no iris to scan??

Is this another form of discrimination??

Well i will be stuffed i only have 8 fingers and 2 thumbs,,,

Where i come from we welcome foreigners with another religion with free medical, free lawyers, free housing, free education, free pasport, and free 1200 euro a month, free bringing over more of their family members with no maximum.

I kinda dissatisfied with the poor welcome here.

Well this, as usual, went off the rails.

Bottom line, does Thailand want good expat retirees and spouses or not.

If they do, then make life easier for those people. 

For the umpteenth time, build a database of "trusted" expats.

Perhaps consider that foreigners married to Thais for years/decades are not cartoonish potential "bad guys" and should be able to walk in every year to make an affadavid that their situation has not materially changed.

Retirees that can show millions in property or a permanent source of income..same.

This never ending twisting and turning by TI seems to show nothing but their bureaucratic inadequacies.

So, this year again I will show up at the office to show all the same crap I showed last year plus whatever piece of lunacy they can dream up like photos of the house with flowers blooming in rainy season and dead in dry season with the wife and I wearing different shoes.

I can't change any of this.

But let any Thai official know this.

When I try to explain it when I return to my country and tell these stories people ask "are they retarded?".

I cannot find a suitably negative answer.

And if you don't want expats going forward, congratulations.

3 minutes ago, emptypockets said:

The immigration would have a field day with that NCC guy

31 minutes ago, mokwit said:

He's [Thaiarrow] not for real. TV has more trolls than the Norse sagas.

I submit the following evidence to support your claim:

a) Few if any at immigration can speak, much less write fluent English (just see their posters)

b) Immigration wouldn't hire foreign trolls, they'd use their own

Hence, unless it's the equivalent of tourist police, i.e. a groupie, I call troll. A good one, gets a thumbs up from me.

34 minutes ago, connda said:

I can see it happening at the immigration counter while extending .. 'But Sir, she hasn't been in the mood for the last three decades, will pics with mia noi do?'

32 minutes ago, connda said:

76 posts.  Quite sage advice from someone who hasn't been around too long.

So posters with a short history on this forum are automatically deemed to be newbies to Thailand? I wasn't aware the membership of this forum was compulsory before I could form an opinion.

Their opinion is worthless?

Many people who have been here only a relatively short time, say five to ten years, have seen more of, and understand more about Thai people than the longer term bar stool sitting, farang ghetto living so called expat who constantly complain about the poor level of English in Thai shops, the lack of ' proper food' and who insist on calling Abhisit Mark.

You know who you are.

Not only that but they are also aware of what is going on in the wider world because they have lived there and not cloistered away in some false Shangrila.

10 hours ago, Khaeng Mak said:

I have been saying for months that long stay expats in Thailand are currently under siege. 

Most were mocking my comments.

But anyone that can't see what is afoot here is entirely deluded.

I think you are the one deluded. Expats that are broke are not wanted anywhere in the world. Expats that have money are wanted everywhere in the world. Simple economics. 

2 minutes ago, emptypockets said:

So posters with a short history on this forum are automatically deemed to be newbies to Thailand?

Their opinion is worthless?

Many people who have been only a relatively short time have seen more of, and understand more about Thai people than the longer term bar stool sitting, farangfarang ghetto living so called expat.

It's unlikely, you can learn a lot in bars.

I live in a Thai ghetto, just as much sleeping around, cheating on your husband, sex for money, domestic violence, and lying as you see in any bar. Bar girls are a reflection of Thai society as a whole, but a bit more fun.

32 minutes ago, humbug said:

that goes to show,people with more money are leaving not just those with less money. Then you have billions of dollars taken out of the country from large investments over the last 12 months. Whilst the global economy is turning downwards sharply. If you keep busting peoples balls with naff laws for everyone thai and foreign, you just increase the downtrend sharply for this land's economy.

before it changes against these nationalists,this land will have lost so many investors

the top 4 Thai banks have posted a loss of 12.5% due to bad paper.  also long term forecast i read for the Baht is that it will weaken. credit card could also contribute defaults are also a problem.  personally i would never make a large purchase on credit.  the cards get paid off in full each month.  

7 minutes ago, DrTuner said:

I submit the following evidence to support your claim:

a) Few if any at immigration can speak, much less write fluent English (just see their posters)

b) Immigration wouldn't hire foreign trolls, they'd use their own

Hence, unless it's the equivalent of tourist police, i.e. a groupie, I call troll. A good one, gets a thumbs up from me.

If a troll, he was aware that there would be an announcement which would lead to this thread - not impossible of course.

I rather suspect he/she is a native speaker posting on behalf of the Immigration Bureau, along the lines of your "Tourist Police volunteer" suggestion, although more likely a simple commercial arrangement - as a spokesman.

3 hours ago, totally thaied up said:

What about the people married, on a pension living a easy life and cannot go home as they made Thailand their home with a family.

It has to be a two way street.

Yep, thaiway or the highway.... 

20 minutes ago, JAG said:

If a troll, he was aware that there would be an announcement which would lead to this thread - not impossible of course.

I rather suspect he/she is a native speaker posting on behalf of the Immigration Bureau, along the lines of your "Tourist Police volunteer" suggestion, although more likely a simple commercial arrangement - as a spokesman.

I suspect his a Foreign,   Tourist Police volunteer.  arse licking / brown nosing.  

28 minutes ago, Wake Up said:

I think you are the one deluded. Expats that are broke are not wanted anywhere in the world. Expats that have money are wanted everywhere in the world. Simple economics. 

Define “have money” because that’s open for interpretation.

23 minutes ago, JAG said:

Neat, our very own Comical Ali.

Archived