Big Joke: Promises easier, faster and more "watertight" Immigration rules

webfact

2 minutes ago, mokwit said:

So how do you know this? Were you present or appraised of internal policy matters and discussions. How are you so sure that certain groups will continue to be welcomed when you are not the Thai Govt - how can you say what the Thai govt will do if you are not the Thai govt.

I await you answer when yopu have time at the next free period.

The language used is stiff and awkward, as if something written by some babu during the British Raj.

• Replies 690
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thank God I work here, All you "The sky is falling" panicked, border running, agent using foreigners will have a lot to lose sleep over. 

I cant wait for the endless follow on threads loaded with endless speculation coupled with confusion then followed by the next wave of "I am leaving Thailand because they don't want me here, they just want my money" threads.

Yawn.....

25 minutes ago, Thaiarrow said:

After close examination of all comments made on the subject, it is obvious, that a very small number of people make the negative comments. Over 35 million people visit Thailand every year under the different visas, and from reading Nation Media forum here, it seems 20 people have a problem because they do not have income or financial solvency. Maybe there are 100 or maybe 1000 who have same position. This is  less than 0.0029% of visa holders. Now, should you not ask yourself, why do such a small number of people expect the regulations to be made for their convenience? 

Few countries have been as generous and kind to foreigners who are social benefit recipients. Thailand has paid the medical costs of many foreigners who have not been able to pay or who have benefited from public health care. However, it is time that the regulations be updated to reflect the year 2562.  Again, readers are reminded that the pending changes have received support from the foreign business community with no objections raised during consultations. Investors and business professionals will continue to be welcomed. Tourists with appropriate visa qualifications will continue to be welcomed. Yes, a small, very small, number of people may not be able to remain in Thailand. It is best for everyone that these people go to their homelands where they can be looked after by their families and government. 

It is also noted the very positive comments made about foreign visa rules in other countries. This is delightful if it is a solution for the people who are most unhappy. Not everyone can be made happy when  regulations must be made to protect the largest number of people. Thailand regulations are enacted to reflect Thailand needs and economic conditions. Other countries do the same.

Few countries have been as generous and kind to foreigners who are social benefit recipients.

You must be joking......Thailand gives out zilch in social benefits .....And I do mean absolutely zero....Name even one...... 

Thailand has paid the medical costs of many foreigners who have not been able to pay

Yea right....I guess thats why people in Thai hospitals are always begging on Go Fund Me.......If their bill was being payed they would not need to beg would they?

Yes, a small, very small, number of people may not be able to remain in Thailand.

Yes very small now but with a few more years under Big Joke there will not be many expats left in Thailand to be complaining...But TAT can keep crowing about the millions of zero dollar Chinese tourist every year....lol 

1 hour ago, Lovethailandelite said:

There is BUT it isn't my job to speculate or announce any of it and particularly before the final decision that may or not have already been taken. There is likely to be an announcement on or around the 24th April after SongKran.

You don't  have to speculate but  you could say what they have discussed, whether they will do it or  not so  long as everyone has an idea especially married  couples.

Still  like to know how  your are  privvy to this  information?

12 minutes ago, zydeco said:

The language used is stiff and awkward, as if something written by some babu during the British Raj.

It is the language of a native English speaker trying to sound foreign. Note how he does not use English like a Thai. His frame of reference is that of a westerner he is not of the Thai mindset - there are things he is considering and saying that no (high level) Thai that I have ever known would consider.

A Teechuh killing time between lessons or a troll trying to get the clicks up.

2 hours ago, Khaeng Mak said:

Lots of young white south africans currently working in Thailand.  Why? Because the pathetic wage they can earn here is still more than they can make back in SA.  Due to the black control in government and its black rights policy there is now little to no opportunity for white south african youth.  And absolutely zero chance to purchase property.  The white south african kids here in Thailand are basically economic refugees, but they cant get any help in developed western countries because they are not black or muslim.

sssshhhhh....thats too politically incorrect to talk about..remember, white people are bad and CANNOT be discriminated against......You see, its all about 'institutional power' and.......oh forget it.....

2 minutes ago, mokwit said:

It is the language of a native English speaker trying to sound foreign. Note how he does not use English like a Thai. His frame of reference is that of a westerner he is not of the Thai mindset - there are things he is considering and saying that no (high level) Thai that I have ever known would consider.

Interesting point.

14 minutes ago, mokwit said:

A Teechuh killing time between lessons or a troll trying to get the clicks up.

He is a free airport transfer driver for Thai Elite. He also has a part time gig here on TV engaging in staged arguments with Ubon Joe to increase clickbait content.

46 minutes ago, Thaiarrow said:

After close examination of all comments made on the subject, it is obvious, that a very small number of people make the negative comments. Over 35 million people visit Thailand every year under the different visas, and from reading Nation Media forum here, it seems 20 people have a problem because they do not have income or financial solvency. Maybe there are 100 or maybe 1000 who have same position. This is  less than 0.0029% of visa holders. Now, should you not ask yourself, why do such a small number of people expect the regulations to be made for their convenience? 

Few countries have been as generous and kind to foreigners who are social benefit recipients. Thailand has paid the medical costs of many foreigners who have not been able to pay or who have benefited from public health care. However, it is time that the regulations be updated to reflect the year 2562.  Again, readers are reminded that the pending changes have received support from the foreign business community with no objections raised during consultations. Investors and business professionals will continue to be welcomed. Tourists with appropriate visa qualifications will continue to be welcomed. Yes, a small, very small, number of people may not be able to remain in Thailand. It is best for everyone that these people go to their homelands where they can be looked after by their families and government. 

It is also noted the very positive comments made about foreign visa rules in other countries. This is delightful if it is a solution for the people who are most unhappy. Not everyone can be made happy when  regulations must be made to protect the largest number of people. Thailand regulations are enacted to reflect Thailand needs and economic conditions. Other countries do the same.

If, and its a big if, you are speaking on behalf of a Thai Government Agency would you care to expand on the proposed changes and end the speculation on this forum?

Am I correct that you are alluding to the introduction of compulsory health insurance, amongst the other pending changes? 

8 minutes ago, Khaeng Mak said:

He is a free airport transfer driver for Thai Elite. He also has a part time gig here on TV engaging in staged arguments with Ubon Joe to increase clickbait content.

Or he is a well educated, overseas schooled Thai national. They do exist you know.

10 minutes ago, Khaeng Mak said:

Yeah there are lots of rich, well educated, overseas schooled Thai nationals that post regularly on Thai Visa.

I never mentioned rich? Sounds a little envious to me. But as far as well educated I agree he would be a rarity amongst the regular Einsteins who dominate the forum.

Hardly call 12 posts posting regularly. He/she may well be a fraud and has nothing to do with immigration or any other government department - but maybe he/she is not a fraud and may be able to post some worthwhile information.

Give him/her the opportunity to speak - or to disappear from the forum altogether , it costs nothing to hear what might be said.

3 minutes ago, emptypockets said:

I never mentioned rich? Sounds a little envious to me. But as far as well educated I agree he would be a rarity amongst the regular Einsteins who dominate the forum.

Hardly call 12 posts posting regularly. He/she may well be a fraud and has nothing to do with immigration or any other government department - but maybe he/she is not a fraud and may be able to post some worthwhile information.

Give him/her the opportunity to speak - or to disappear from the forum altogether , it costs nothing to hear what might be said.

If I thought he/she really was representing a Thai Government agency I would be appreciative of them taking the trouble to make their points.

1 hour ago, Thaiarrow said:

We are trying to help. Sometimes when people are very angry it blinds them and they cannot see. Please to remain calm. And again, no one can speak for the government unless duly authorized and designated with the most appropriate source of information from the ministry. Please refer to the website. If you have questions, please do what people do every day, and call in or write to the ministry. Better yet, make an appointment and come by for a discussion. 

It is sad that you are unhappy with possible improvements to the regulations, but as is said many times, when there are tens of millions of visas granted with no issues, the failure of a small number to qualify is not an issue in the big number. The small number of foreigners who will not qualify for long term visa, will most likely continue to qualify for the standard tourist visa and they are welcome to visit. No one is being stopped from visiting if they are a good guy. However, some people with no financial means must understand that it is best that they go where they can be cared for best. Again, the number of people who may actually be impacted by some regulations update is very, very small, and the general position from the international business community is positive.

Who is we, a figment of your imagination? 

10 minutes ago, mokwit said:

If I thought he/she really was representing a Thai Government agency I would be appreciative of them taking the trouble to make their points.

Just another random pideon, fly in - sh1t everywhere and fly off again. They pop up occasionally in all forea, the self proclaimed expert on the subject - road rules, soi dog control, immigration. luckily their life expectancy is usually short lived as they run out of waffle and move on. 

3 hours ago, Lovethailandelite said:

I think you misunderstood. The meeting had nothing to do with this topic.

Yes, I was conflating it with what you said about an immigration announcement that was supposed to be coming directly after Songkran around 22nd April. Can you give any further information about this? 

3 hours ago, Thaidream said:

IMO the foreigners that are hardly ever involved in crime of any type are the retired and those who are married to Thais.  They do not fit the profile at all and are generally going about their business and respectful of Thai people and the law. As such, it's time for  those in power to stop  treating everyone as a potential criminal.

While I generally agree with your statement actually one of the biggest problems that Thailand has now is of Nigerians and Eastern Europeans marrying Thai women and doing money laundering and other illegal businesses.

Having said that immigration should not be focusing on the married part but who actually is getting married to who for what purposes.

it is beyond the capability of your average immigration officer to do an analysis of a person's lifestyle and if the purpose of his marriage is to somehow facilitate criminal activity.

Therefore they probably have no choice but to make it hard for all married persons not exactly the best way to do it.

Some posters have proven once again why it has in the past, proven impossible for anybody that is in a position to issue help and guidance, to simply be dismissed with ignorant reply's. Most have no idea who is posting or monitoring this and other social media platforms for the purposes of Data and information collecting. Trust me, your every scam and move in an attempt to circumvent Immigration law and rules are known and will gradually be shut down. The ideas posted of using the 65k a month to send it in, move it to another account only to send it out and then back again the following month was the silliest post ever.
Now you understand why when TVF has asked to set up meetings with immigration to clarify situations, those requests have mostly either been ignored or declined.

Just now, THAIJAMES said:

While I generally agree with your statement actually one of the biggest problems that Thailand has now is of Nigerians and Eastern Europeans marrying Thai women and doing money laundering and other illegal businesses.

Then crack down on the shady thai girls who are into that scam.

1 minute ago, lamyai3 said:

Yes, I was conflating it with what you said about an immigration announcement that was supposed to be coming directly after Songkran around 22nd April. Can you give any further information about this? 

No not at this time. As you know, dates and agendas can change. None of this change has helped the Thai Embassy in London with there online application planning.

3 hours ago, Lovethailandelite said:

The country has a perfectly legitimate working government. They are absolutely 100% not in limbo. You really shouldn't listen to internet and media talk.

you should stop making people believe you know what you talking about by using a visa name in your username to give that air of authority.

its over for these illegal nationalists, their 5 years of hell pushing 100's of naff laws is coming to an end, its just how long they hang on now.

there're have been punch drunk with no checks and balances and have created damage which will take years to correct. immigration is one of many departments to be taken over by these nationalists. laughable to see other nationalists pushing the insurance scam, anyone in government can change acts, orders and personnel. 

lets see how long they last 1-2 years maybe, maybe not, 5 years not a chance in hell, not after the chuckle p brothers disaster of a obvious rig show of an election

5 minutes ago, Lovethailandelite said:

Some posters have proven once again why it has in the past, proven impossible for anybody that is in a position to issue help and guidance, to simply be dismissed with ignorant reply's. Most have no idea who is posting or monitoring this and other social media platforms for the purposes of Data and information collecting. Trust me, your every scam and move in an attempt to circumvent Immigration law and rules are known and will gradually be shut down. The ideas posted of using the 65k a month to send it in, move it to another account only to send it out and then back again the following month was the silliest post ever.
Now you understand why when TVF has asked to set up meetings with immigration to clarify situations, those requests have mostly either been ignored or declined.

Doesn't  exactly help when you "tease" out information, with words  like TM30-28 will be the least of your  worries , does it.

8 minutes ago, ThomasThBKK said:

Then crack down on the shady thai girls who are into that scam.

I find that thais are not very analytical and are not able to formulate proper plans based on critical decision making.

youwould think that obviously efforts should be directed where the actual problem is as opposed to casting a wide net.

What has making visas more difficult anything to do with stopping crime.

True criminals are not deterred by Petty attempts.

the real problem is that Thailand can't even control its own officers that are corrupt therefore they have to lash out and make it look like the foreigners are the problems.

1 hour ago, emptypockets said:

If, and its a big if, you are speaking on behalf of a Thai Government Agency would you care to expand on the proposed changes and end the speculation on this forum?

Am I correct that you are alluding to the introduction of compulsory health insurance, amongst the other pending changes? 

I have excellent familiarity with TM and what they do. TM is a professional organization as is MFA. Their mandate is 1) enforce Thai immigration laws across a wide variety of countries, people, and visa needs, 2) disseminate accurate information to everyone in a unbiased and friendly manner. It's not their job to make laws or provide judgement.

TM would never assign someone to spend all day belittling TV posters who, as Thaiarrow himself admits, represent about 20 Western farangs.  Nonsense.  If TM did come here, they would announce themselves professionally and seek to provide reasonable information to all. But as TA suggests the 0.000029% of visa holders here  is a waste of time, but, apparently not for him!

TM would not insinuate, elude, belittle, or talk about where people should go if they leave and who should then take care of them. Really.

Fake news.

3 minutes ago, gunderhill said:

Doesn't  exactly help when you "tease" out information, with words  like TM30-28 will be the least of your  worries , does it.

its the illegal nationalists that have pushed for the cyber laws and created monitoring teams going back 11 years. Lets see how long they last under the current climate when the people are just sick of them. 

16 minutes ago, Lovethailandelite said:

If you know everything in advance and are well connected, why on earth are you wasting your time and potential profits posting all of your inside information for free on an anonymous forum.

Do you crave attention diddums?

2 hours ago, Thaiarrow said:

Your attention is directed to  the previous response;

Official statements and news for immigration matters can be found here in foreign language; https://www.immigration.go.th/index . The two sections are News and Announcements.

The reliable source of information on immigration matters is the government, not anonymous persons making claims on Facebook, Panthip, Nation Media website. 

I see nothing in relation to grandfathering,apart from 1998, for long term stayers who have met requirements for many years and contributed to the economy is that a now a foreign concept-pun intended?

Would someone pretending to have/having information regarding future immigration policy posting snippets on an internet forum, that then causes 'confusion' or 'panic' among some members of that forum risk falling foul of Thailand's computer laws?

Archived