Big Joke: Promises easier, faster and more "watertight" Immigration rules

webfact

• Replies 690
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest StephenB

From Thailand's prospective I agree with Big Joke. Look at the demographics now in the west. Just take the U.S. for example, how many on drugs, in debt, illegal, poor health, or jobless?

On my wish list is for the this new government to change the land deeds my wife has so she can sell to anybody, and I will happily leave. I am with the other poster on here who just comes to Thailand to relax and keep a low profile. I don't mind leaving, just would like to be able to properly sell assets. Tired of paperwork.

10 minutes ago, Khaeng Mak said:

That will depend on how bad the riots are this time around.

Yes, this is a point that perhaps we are all overlooking. Things in this country could become rather.....ahem, interesting after the May thingy. Before, when a certain individual was around, things were perhaps a little more restrained than they may be this time round. Someone else doesn't have the same hold over the masses..... not by a long shot. I fear that once unleashed, this time the safety valve just wont be there. 

A lot of things may get put on hold....or speeded up??? God knows....but as Sherlock Holmes used to say to Watson "never assume"....and...... "evidence Watson....EVIDENCE" 

I await such further evidence. 

1 hour ago, CMNightRider said:

I certainly hope immigration is not going to make qualifying for a legitimate one year marriage visa more difficult but I didn't think they were going to make the one year retirement visa more difficult either.

I think this is the key of what has been happening since last November. Thai immigration didn't change any of the basic requirements for retirement extensions, they just tightened up their stupid bureaucracy in a vain attempt to prevent fraud. Since this fraud actually takes place we cannot really blame them, and cope with their shit for as long as we can.

1 hour ago, CMNightRider said:

What Thai Immigration does in return to American spouses is nothing short of pathetic and demeaning.  ????  

Australia treats them well too. My wife can apply for PR this year. I just get a kick in the guts and need to show photos of us in our room with our clothes and bed. If they change the rules too much, her elderly parents won’t keep me there. I will end up a perpetual tourist. 

quite a few posts talk about racism.  for me, the Thai are simply a little more honest.  on this issue they are not any different from 'farlang' or any other kind of foreigner...... any person.  "racism" is part of "being human", and always has been.  we are biologically driven to a greater extent than we like to believe.  all of us no matter where we were born or went to school etc.  yeah, I know that's not a common narrative.  so was the idea that the Earth is round for several decades. 

in America many folks are so deep in denial they "don't know anymore if they are coming or going".  there's just as big of an excuse of not sufficiently thinking at all, before sharing our own false narratives over and over again such as "we are not racist but some other people are" that as long as lots of folks in our own culture believe it, we are "safe" from the men in white coats... as well as... it will increasingly be true we can easily predict.....  those crazy "scientists that have a political agenda" of trying to convince us to cut carbon emissions..... as they have for several decades now.  because as soon as you look at it, air travel and tourism pop to the top of the list.  and on that one now, we ain't at all different.  only the Amish and us "scientists that have a political agenda" and believe stuff such as what brain scans now tell us about how we actually think.  Robert Sapolsky type stuff. 

the Thai are only more realistic, and less inclined to believe we humans are so intelligent and different from everything else that is living.  I think so.  that's my (yeah I know, rather lengthy) post on this.       

they are more ready to accept reality on many things, important things, than the west seems to be.  I like that.    

13 minutes ago, WeekendRaider said:

quite a few posts talk about racism.  for me, the Thai are simply a little more honest.  on this issue they are not any different from 'farlang' or any other kind of foreigner...... any person.  "racism" is part of "being human", and always has been.  we are biologically driven to a greater extent than we like to believe.  all of us no matter where we were born or went to school etc.  yeah, I know that's not a common narrative.  so was the idea that the Earth is round for several decades. 

in America many folks are so deep in denial they "don't know anymore if they are coming or going".  there's just as big of an excuse of not sufficiently thinking at all, before sharing our own false narratives over and over again such as "we are not racist but some other people are" that as long as lots of folks in our own culture believe it, we are "safe" from the men in white coats... as well as... it will increasingly be true we can easily predict.....  those crazy "scientists that have a political agenda" of trying to convince us to cut carbon emissions..... as they have for several decades now.  because as soon as you look at it, air travel and tourism pop to the top of the list.  and on that one now, we ain't at all different.  only the Amish and us "scientists that have a political agenda" and believe stuff such as what brain scans now tell us about how we actually think.  Robert Sapolsky type stuff. 

the Thai are only more realistic, and less inclined to believe we humans are so intelligent and different from everything else that is living.  I think so.  that's my (yeah I know, rather lengthy) post on this.       

they are more ready to accept reality on many things, important things, than the west seems to be.  I like that.    

Many moons ago, in a former life,  i too used to love a big old Turkish cigarette at the end of the day. life was bliss. :stoner:

47 minutes ago, KiChakayan said:

I think this is the key of what has been happening since last November. Thai immigration didn't change any of the basic requirements for retirement extensions, they just tightened up their stupid bureaucracy in a vain attempt to prevent fraud. Since this fraud actually takes place we cannot really blame them, and cope with their shit for as long as we can.

Actually, Thai Immigration did make a big change in their already nonsensical requirements for a one year visa.  In prior years, I was able to show proof of my monthly income being deposited into an American bank.  Now they want 65,000 baht a month deposited into a Thai bank or 800,000 baht in a Thai bank.  This is a big change along with the TM forms. ????

2 minutes ago, CMNightRider said:

Actually, Thai Immigration did make a big change in their already nonsensical requirements for a one year visa.  In prior years, I was able to show proof of my monthly income being deposited into an American bank.  Now they want 65,000 baht a month deposited into a Thai bank or 800,000 baht in a Thai bank.  This is a big change along with the TM forms. ????

Its all part of the love train of Thailand to us ex-pats.

Cue the O-jays.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QyT9jTW7MHc

4 minutes ago, CMNightRider said:

Well, didn’t that result from the American decision not to issue income letters anymore? My Embassy still does, and so I don’t have to deposit 65k a month in a Thai Bank.

1 hour ago, StephenB said:

From Thailand's prospective I agree with Big Joke. Look at the demographics now in the west. Just take the U.S. for example, how many on drugs, in debt, illegal, poor health, or jobless?

On my wish list is for the this new government to change the land deeds my wife has so she can sell to anybody, and I will happily leave. I am with the other poster on here who just comes to Thailand to relax and keep a low profile. I don't mind leaving, just would like to be able to properly sell assets. Tired of paperwork.

I think we traveled in different circles in the US.  As far as agreeing with Big Joke............what on earth could this be?  Lol

7 minutes ago, damascase said:

Well, didn’t that result from the American decision not to issue income letters anymore? My Embassy still does, and so I don’t have to deposit 65k a month in a Thai Bank.

Good for you for not having to deal with this nonsensical requirement.  The American Embassy is part of the problem with their failure to verify monthly pensions or incomes for US retirees living in Thailand.  

I'm not certain if there is some sort of nefarious agreement with Thai Immigration, and the embassy or the embassy is just staffed with incompetent employees.  

Those are the only two logical reasons, I could come up with for the embassy to abandon their American retirement community in Thailand.  Neither reason would be something I would be proud of if I were a member of the American Embassy.

When will the Thais work out their “watertight” immigration system actually  deters the very people they need to attract. It’s similar to the answer to the daily slaughter on their roads. The answer has to be NEVER.... and as usual the Thais are convinced they are right despite an abundance of evidence to the contrary. There is name for this and it starts with an s

On 3/28/2019 at 9:17 AM, worgeordie said:

We are going to have to Watch what he proposes ,he has ideas !? 

regards worgeordie

please don't keep winding me up !! He's the most watched general.   pops up everywhere:   <https://news.education.investing.com/real-life-crazy-rich-asians-most-interesting-2018/12/?ref=next>

On 3/28/2019 at 8:37 AM, webfact said:

The man known as Big Joke even went so far as to specifically mention "people of color and South Africans" as a problem.

Good , I'm neither so feel more relaxed now. I also stay out of the sun too look as white as possible. Worked so far. 

10 hours ago, malagateddy said:

I'd have big joke as Chief Exec of the UKBA in a heartbeat.!

You might think differently when he wants to fine and jail you for failing to report your house guests within 24 hours, or increases your wife's financial requirements to a level that forces her to be sent back home. 

9 minutes ago, gunderhill said:

Did  my  90  day report  online yesterday, approved  the same day.

Because of the new SP2 (Service Pack 2) they installed on Windows 98.

3 minutes ago, gunderhill said:

also says https

All safe and secure, the information is in the right hands. ????

Sorry, I can't help myself, I feel like bashing them a little.

As a matter of interest, IO Sakon Nakhon told me yesterday that a new IO is now open in Kalasin.  It is not as yet connected to the national database so what the 10 people working there cant do by hand has to be sent to BKK for processing.

On 3/31/2019 at 6:12 PM, totally thaied up said:

Australia treats them well too. My wife can apply for PR this year. I just get a kick in the guts and need to show photos of us in our room with our clothes and bed. If they change the rules too much, her elderly parents won’t keep me there. I will end up a perpetual tourist. 

your kidding, right?

Archived