Medical Insurance--Thailand (&Asia)

thecolonel

Firstly apologies if this is in the wrong section!

I have for years relied upon UK based Travel Insurance policies but now considering a Medical insurance policy to cover me in thailand and possibly beyond ie all Asia. The problem with UK Travel insurance is its geared towards no more than 6 months cover plus most want you to have been in UK for the last 6 months prior to trip start

I'm from UK, 56 and have some pre existing medical conditions.

I'm almost always in Hua Hin when in Thailand.

Any recommendations/websites where I might seek some quotes...

And of course pitfalls to avoid!

Thanks all

Sent from my Redmi Note 4 using Tapatalk

I'm currently exploring getting April International Thailand, they are much cheaper than April France, 16m baht per year cover, but you have to go into detail with the health declaration.

Worth discussing with AA Insurance in Hua Hin or email them and they will provide a comparison between a number of companies.

Apparently they are in the process of changing how they do calculate the premiums, they have confirmed:

> I confirm that the pool is common (no individual rating except for group policy)
> And lifetime, we cannot kick out our insured from a contract

• Like 1

On 3/29/2019 at 12:12 PM, thecolonel said:

The problem with UK Travel insurance is its geared towards no more than 6 months cover plus most want you to have been in UK for the last 6 months prior to trip start

If you still only wanted travel insurance then have a look at World Nomads as you used to be able to go up to 18 months on their long stay policies.

Pre-existing conditions will likely be an issue with most policies. Maybe worth your while having a read through this thread if you have not done so already -

On 3/29/2019 at 12:24 PM, baansgr said:

I enquired once from a pop up, left my email and phone number....had over 50 calls from Spain/Gibralta pitching me...nightmare.

With insurance, never ever give your  phone number.

If it is required enter a string of zeroes or 9's.

OP: contact AA brokers, they have an office  in Hua Hin. With pre-existing conditions it is difficult, you need help to find best option.