Hearing aid insurance?

Gandtee

Many of these that insures hearing aids only cover a percentage, which was around 50% years ago.

For with moderate hearing loss you can find products that will help you and the price is way under the annual insurrance costs.

It is the same with glasses. I had cover for it in europe, but here it is cheaper so I decide to buy it instead of get insurrance plus package for that.  (glasses in europe were 200 euro and here 10% of that)

You could go look for places which can make hearing aid and earplug mold. (instead of a just fit-all-plug a real mold for your ear) and ask them for the price and then decide which way to go.

For accelerated hearing loss , you need to go there. The hearing processors can be a bit pricy but it is adjusted to your loss and with good use it will work for you for 5-7 years at least.

(I know some still use theirs 15 years, and other do need a replacement after 3 years)

Locations are

* hospitals : bangkok hospital, samitivej, many others.. all these hospitals do have a Ear Nose Throat centre.

Hearing loss differs from hearing issues , which can be caused by dirt, infection,..

in which case you have to go to the hospital

* Hearing Stores : but my personal advice is to go to a real hearing products store, because you know it is with your ears and hearing loss. Look for one who have machines to make audiograms, and advertise with names like Phonax, Oticon, Danavox, and like..

After all, some of these can insure your product for a time.

Rgds,

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, donim said:

Many of these that insures hearing aids only cover a percentage, which was around 50% years ago.

For with moderate hearing loss you can find products that will help you and the price is way under the annual insurrance costs.

It is the same with glasses. I had cover for it in europe, but here it is cheaper so I decide to buy it instead of get insurrance plus package for that.  (glasses in europe were 200 euro and here 10% of that)

You could go look for places which can make hearing aid and earplug mold. (instead of a just fit-all-plug a real mold for your ear) and ask them for the price and then decide which way to go.

For accelerated hearing loss , you need to go there. The hearing processors can be a bit pricy but it is adjusted to your loss and with good use it will work for you for 5-7 years at least.

(I know some still use theirs 15 years, and other do need a replacement after 3 years)

Locations are

* hospitals : bangkok hospital, samitivej, many others.. all these hospitals do have a Ear Nose Throat centre.

Hearing loss differs from hearing issues , which can be caused by dirt, infection,..

in which case you have to go to the hospital

* Hearing Stores : but my personal advice is to go to a real hearing products store, because you know it is with your ears and hearing loss. Look for one who have machines to make audiograms, and advertise with names like Phonax, Oticon, Danavox, and like..

After all, some of these can insure your product for a time.

Rgds,

Thanks for that. I already have hearing aids bought in Thailand, fitted and asked if I could hear better? On a visit to NZ, my daughter took me to an Audiologist who gave me a thorough test. I then began to hear the birds and cicadas which I hadn't heard in yonks. The aides were expensive and I'm just concerned about losing them. So my inquiries about insurance.

44 minutes ago, mahjongguy said:

If you have property insurance for your home or rental unit, you might ask if that policy covers personal possessions and does that extend to your hearing aids.

I second that, for something you already have you should look to the insurrance for personal cover.

( Liability insurance )

The first, after the first post of this thread, I was thinking about coverage for hearing aids in health care insurrance.

If -lost- happen on travel / 'travel' and you do have a travel insurrance, then, in my case it is, it could/would be covered under that.

• Like 1