Breaking the deadlock over Brexit: Is Britain heading for a general election?

webfact

5 minutes ago, evadgib said:

I'm surprized Farage & Co haven't blockaided the building since 29th!

The way I see it, in days to come we’ll pine for these happy times. If there was a general election tomorrow, do you think we would get a government as strong and stable as we have now?   

9 hours ago, bomber said:

Your average paddy is better off than the average brit.

Do you have any links to support your statement

Up to 24% of the Irish population is at risk of poverty, according to a new economic report by TASC.

https://www.irishexaminer.com/breakingnews/ireland/report-finds-almost-a-quarter-of-irish-people-at-risk-of-poverty-905469.html

780,000 people living in poverty in Ireland, report finds

https://www.breakingnews.ie/ireland/780000-people-living-in-poverty-in-ireland-report-finds-889404.html

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, vinny41 said:

Do you have any links to support your statement

Up to 24% of the Irish population is at risk of poverty, according to a new economic report by TASC.

https://www.irishexaminer.com/breakingnews/ireland/report-finds-almost-a-quarter-of-irish-people-at-risk-of-poverty-905469.html

780,000 people living in poverty in Ireland, report finds

https://www.breakingnews.ie/ireland/780000-people-living-in-poverty-in-ireland-report-finds-889404.html

Over 14 million people, about one in five of the UK population are in poverty,  so it's no better here 

11 hours ago, vogie said:

I can't help noticing your modus operandi is sarcasm, infact you are getting so good at it, most members think you are being serious.

I am being serious, but the situation that we find ourselves in would be laughable, were it not so sad.

We have a government committed to a policy that they know is disastrous, an opposition who refuse to oppose, and a vocal minority in the parliament who refuse to offer constructive suggestions.

When you replace the voice of the coach with the shouts from the terraces, you'll probably not get tactical excellence, despite how long the men in the stands have held season tickets.

SC

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Laughing Gravy said:

Been watching the shower in parliament today/Night. What a disgrace. These self serving, hypocritical remainers like Soubry have the gall to tell people we need another vote. one that will be respected and one time only. A vote on Mays deal (which isn't brexit) and revoke article 50.  Why hasn't she given her constituents the choice as she has left her party and give them another vote.  The woman and the like get far too much time on TV. BBC well what would you expect and now on sky. I would guess at more than double the amount of exposure, that leavers.

I have a feeling that this is being taken to the wire so that Mays deal will win or a more likely a new vote then it will be near the 12th April so nobody can question it. 

TM should go, call a GE but we all know she won't do that. Either way the whole brexit saga will not go away and even if the remainers get their way this time, there will always be Nigel Farage's around and I suspect, in greater numbers in the coming years.

the great british sovereign govt going about there bizzness thats why you voted leave to give them more power,iam so pround of them i might even go out today and bet union jacks and bullogs tattoed on my forehead,can you recommend where to get them

On 4/2/2019 at 9:45 AM, vogie said:

It wouldn't be too bad if the government was committed to something, or even a parliament, everybody is pulling in different directions. If the remainers had won I doubt very much that they would be thinking 'how can we placate the leavers, how can we offer them a soft remain,' it would have been winner takes all. 

"Constructive suggestions" I assume you are referring to a 'single market and customs union' type of a deal and all the baggage that comes with it. It is not what the majority in the UK voted for, surely you can see that even though you may not agree with it.

But when we have MPs like Cooper and Letwin running the show, Bercow choosing only remain amendments, it makes a mockery of democracy, somebody likened Bercow to Henry Ford and I quote "you can have any amendment you like, as long as it's pro remain.

After their latest performance revoking article 50 would seem better than the sell out that they're working towards. 14 of her cabinet said no and she still went for it! :blink:

PMQ's will be interesting this afternoon if anyone bothers to look.

I haven't a clue what's coming next.

• Like 2

I'm pretty sure that the entire electorate is sick and tired of this ongoing fiasco....

Presumably that's the intention of MPs, to get them to accept any bad deal (or accepting them revoking article 50) to end the uncertainty and chaos?

I doubt it will work, but as I'm not living in the uk have no idea as to the 'mood'.

Many of my mates in the UK are going " nuts ".

I'm pretty sure that the entire electorate is sick and tired of this ongoing fiasco....

Presumably that's the intention of MPs, to get them to accept any bad deal (or accepting them revoking article 50) to end the uncertainty and chaos?

I doubt it will work, but as I'm not living in the uk have no idea as to the 'mood'.

Sent from my SM-G7102 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, malagateddy said:

Many of my mates in the UK are going " nuts ".

It wouldn't suprise me at all if leave opinions are becoming more entrenched as a result of the fiasco that has happened since the referendum result.

I didn't vote in the referendum (mostly 'cos I trusted brit. politicians even less than eu politicians ☹️) - but am now a firm leaver, as uk (and to a lesser extent) eu politicians cannot be allowed to get away with thwarting the referendum result.

Edit - but I accept, there is a hole in my argument ☹️.

Edited by dick dasterdly
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, dick dasterdly said:

It wouldn't suprise me at all if leave opinions are becoming more entrenched as a result of the fiasco that has happened since the referendum result.

I didn't vote in the referendum (mostly 'cos I trusted brit. politicians even less than eu politicians ☹️) - but am now a firm leaver, as uk (and to a lesser extent) eu politicians cannot be allowed to get away with thwarting the referendum result.

Edit - but I accept, there is a hole in my argument ☹️.

When people make a decision that turns out to land them in a mess, they most always respond by distancing themsleves from the decision.

Brexit is falling appart, one embarrassing defeat followed by another, the government and the nation humiliated and the public response is a pitiful turnout in support of Brexit marches.

Even if TM gets Parliament to accept the deal on offer, it can’t honestly be called Brexit.

An utter shambles from start to finish.

Good luck trying to sell more of this mess to the electorate.

I cannot see the electorate being " amused "

When people make a decision that turns out to land them in a mess, they most always respond by distancing themsleves from the decision.

Brexit is falling appart, one embarrassing defeat followed by another, the government and the nation humiliated and the public response is a pitiful turnout in support of Brexit marches.

Even if TM gets Parliament to accept the deal on offer, it can’t honestly be called Brexit.

An utter shambles from start to finish.

Good luck trying to sell more of this mess to the electorate.