Brexit deadlocked again: British parliament fails to find an alternative

webfact

5 minutes ago, Laughing Gravy said:

You obviously have no idea about Callaghan or Wilson and what they did to the Labour party. They changed it completely and what resulted was  a so called new Labour, which was a centre conservatism.

The working class party was well and truly sidelined to history.

Are you into mining!

What about the industries of fishing, steel, agriculture, mining and manufacturing to name a few. All linked to the EU or ECE then. 

I’d have attributed the arrival of New Labour to Kinnock, very specifically his introduction of candidate selection by Labour Party rather than by local constituency Labour Party, but if you wish to lay the causes elsewhere please go ahead, it’s only a matter of opinion.

No I’m not ‘into mining’ (what an odd question?).

Feel free to continue listing industries, it’s not a quiz night but if you feel the need to practice.

• Replies 926
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, AlexRich said:

A second vote is needed to test the so-called will of the people.

We didn't get the right result the first time around so lets have another one before we implement the first one.

Shall we have a third and forth to test the will of the people in the once in a lifetime vote!

3 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

I’d have attributed the arrival of New Labour to Kinnock, very specifically his introduction of candidate selection by Labour Party rather than by local constituency Labour Party, but if you wish to lay the causes elsewhere please go ahead, it’s only a matter of opinion.

Feel free to continue listing industries, it’s not a quiz night but if you feel the need to practice.

Well you don't seem to know. I thought you would as you seem to say, you are well versed in the British way of life. Kinnock wasn't PM the others were but you knew that of course.

2 minutes ago, Laughing Gravy said:

Well you don't seem to know. I thought you would as you seem to say, you are well versed in the British way of life. Kinnock wasn't PM the others were but you knew that of course.

No Kinnock was not PM but it was Kinnock who changed the Labour Party’s candidate selection rules to move selection out of the hands of local constituency Labour Parties and into the the hands of the Labour Party Central Office.

Ushering in the arrival of professional politicians who owe their allegiance to Labour Party Central Office and ditching local people representing their own communities.

2 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

No Kinnock was not PM but it was Kinnock who changed the Labour Party’s candidate selection rules to move selection out of the hands of local constituency Labour Parties and into the the hands of the Labour Party Central Office.

Ushering in the arrival of professional politicians who owe their allegiance to Labour Party Central Office and ditching local people representing their own communities.

You can also add to your ideology the changing of the boundries from Ted Heath, who is the real villain here. We wouldn't be discussing this if he was being honest and upfront. Yes I know a typical politicians trait.

6 minutes ago, Laughing Gravy said:

You can also add to your ideology the changing of the boundries from Ted Heath, who is the real villain here. We wouldn't be discussing this if he was being honest and upfront. Yes I know a typical politicians trait.

I’m not sure you understand the meaning of ‘Ideology’.

Nothing I posted relates to any ‘ideology’.

Kinnock..the welsh windbag who was going to take the UK out of the predecessor to the eu..until he saw the chance to make a right few quid..as did his wife and sin
Can you remember kinnock..schroder etc etc all resigning then voting one another back into power??
Why don't you buy Marta Andreasson's book.." brussels laid bare " educate yourself re the " strokes " pulled by the high and mighty inglorious eu commissioners !!!!
Wakey wakey please

Sent from my SM-G7102 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

5 minutes ago, malagateddy said:

Kinnock..the welsh windbag who was going to take the UK out of the predecessor to the eu..until he saw the chance to make a right few quid..as did his wife and sin
Can you remember kinnock..schroder etc etc all resigning then voting one another back into power??
Why don't you buy Marta Andreasson's book.." brussels laid bare " educate yourself re the " strokes " pulled by the high and mighty inglorious eu commissioners !!!!
Wakey wakey please

Please don’t mistake my corrections the LG’s feeble grasp of Labour Party history and the part Kinnock played in the rise of New Labour as an endorsement on my part of Kinnock.

Thanks for your book recommendation, it’s enough to ensure I don’t waste time on that piece of pulp fodder. 

So what are your then. Talking a load of 'rollocks' in a forum on political and economic ideas. I now understand you.???? You have no ideas.

Definition: a system of ideas and ideals, especially one which forms the basis of economic or political theory and policy.

Like I said, I have not expressed or discussed any ideology that I might adhere to.

Your attempts to do so on my behalf say nothing about me but s great deal about you.

Just now, Chomper Higgot said:

Like I said, I have not expressed or discussed any ideology that I might adhere to.

Your attempts to do so on my behalf say nothing about me but s great deal about you.

Okay Chomps if you continue to say so. You have no ideas or economic theory or policy. Got you.????

1 minute ago, Laughing Gravy said:

Okay Chomps if you continue to say so. You have no ideas or economic theory or policy. Got you.????

I have plenty.

But I’ve not revealed them here.

Your fixation on assuming stuff about others for which you have no basis is worthy of some introspection on your part.

I don’t hold out much hope on that front.

51 minutes ago, Laughing Gravy said:

Congratulations in keeping to form of what has consistently shown for nearly 3 years. Remainers know best, Forget what the majority voted for and if that doesn't work label them as extremists/loonies/uneducated. A classical post of someone who really hasn't a clue of the real world. Regardless for allowing me to remember some posters on here, really are entertaining.

????????????

45 minutes ago, Laughing Gravy said:

We didn't get the right result the first time around so lets have another one before we implement the first one.

Shall we have a third and forth to test the will of the people in the once in a lifetime vote!

The first one was in 1975 and the result was to remain. The second one was in 2016 and the vote was to leave(by a much smaller margin), 1-1, let's have a decider.

1 minute ago, Spidey said:

The first one was in 1975 and the result was to remain. The second one was in 2016 and the vote was to leave(by a much smaller margin), 1-1, let's have a decider.

Yes that would make it in 2057. Seems fair doesn't it on your logic. I doubt the EU will be around and people would have realised that they had been conned.

23 minutes ago, Spidey said:

We did have two deciders. The HOC overwhelmingly endorsed the triggering of Article 50 and in the last general election the people overwhelmingly voted for the political parties who in their manifestos agreed to uphold the result of the referendum and leave the EU.

1 minute ago, aright said:

We did have two deciders. The HOC overwhelmingly endorsed the triggering of Article 50 and in the last general election the people overwhelmingly voted for the political parties who in their manifestos agreed to uphold the result of the referendum and leave the EU.

Exactly the same as in 1975.

Your argument doesn't hold water, we're talking about having already had 2 referendums, not commons votes or party manifestos. By your reckoning we've already had 3 votes on May's deal and may be going for a fourth.

3 minutes ago, aright said:

My sincere apologies and thank you for pointing these very important facts out and reminding us all. It seems to be overlooked far to often. I wonder why that is.???? Maybe it is because the remainers do not like facts or truths to come to that.????

1 minute ago, Spidey said:

Your argument doesn't hold water, we're talking about having already had 2 referendums, not commons votes or party manifestos. By your reckoning we've already had 3 votes on May's deal and may be going for a fourth.

So on your premise and argument its 2057. Bring it on.:clap2:

4 minutes ago, Spidey said:

Not the same as in 1975 at all and not on May's 'deal'. But 2057 OK by me for next chance to go back in.

30 minutes ago, Laughing Gravy said:

Yes that would make it in 2057. Seems fair doesn't it on your logic. I doubt the EU will be around and people would have realised that they had been conned.

No it doesn't equate. If you equate it to a general election, they are held every 5 years but can be held any time before that. Some gaps between general elections have been extremely short. 17/11 1806 - 22/06/1807.

A more recent one 28/02/74-10/10/74.

Just now, Spidey said:

No it doesn't equate. If you equate it to a general election, they are held every 5 years but can be held any time before that. Some gaps between general elections have been extremely short. 17/11 1806 - 22/06/1807.

A more recent one 28/02/74-10/10/74.

We are talking about EU referendums or are you not following the program. It was you that kindly reminded us of the dates of the two referendums,. That equates unless you have a new form of mathematics. is this the new remainer mathematics.

3 minutes ago, nauseus said:

Not the same as in 1975 at all and not on May's 'deal'. But 2057 OK by me for next chance to go back in.

The same essentialy. The 2016 referendum wasn't on May's deal either.

Just now, Laughing Gravy said:

We are talking about EU referendums or are you not following the program. It was you that kindly reminded us of the dates of the two referendums,. That equates unless you have a new form of mathematics. is this the new remainer mathematics.

What logic dictates that they must be the same distance apart? Schoolboy logic or Brexiteer logic or are they the same.

22 minutes ago, aright said:

We are talking about EU referendums or are you not following the program. 

Maybe you should remind your fellow brexiteers of that.

20 minutes ago, Spidey said:

Commons endorsement votes and the peoples General Election votes are part of our democratic process, something Remainers find it difficult coming to terms with.

3 hours ago, nauseus said:

Catching up Germany economically - inside the EU - right.

correct,germany pays billions more into the EU than the UK does,surely you agree,leaving will sent the UK further behind,just about everyone will have less money,inflation up,cars up,food up,fuel up,wine up,barley anyone thats not effected,even the expats like teddy and the owl will get clobbered again,the usual its about sovereignty trash will begin to wain eventually 

3 minutes ago, bomber said:

correct,germany pays billions more into the EU than the UK does,surely you agree,leaving will sent the UK further behind,just about everyone will have less money,inflation up,cars up,food up,fuel up,wine up,barley anyone thats not effected,even the expats like teddy and the owl will get clobbered again,the usual its about sovereignty trash will begin to wain eventually 

Germany is a much bigger country than the UK. are you suggesting it should be per capita and head. What about the majority who pay nothing.

As much as the last 3 years have shown the UK is not behind economically as much as remainers try there best to prove..  Pitching one currency against another like the Thai baht and the pound is not pinnacle point you are trying to prove. There are many factors contributing to the Baht and Pound difference. If it was such a huge deal why isn't the Euro and Pound different.

June 2016 1,.32 to the pound. Feb 2019 1.32 to the pound. Blows that theory out of the water.

https://www.ig.com/uk/financial-events/brexit/value-of-the-pound-since-brexit

11 minutes ago, Laughing Gravy said:

Germany is a much bigger country than the UK. are you suggesting it should be per capita and head. What about the majority who pay nothing.

As much as the last 3 years have shown the UK is not behind economically as much as remainers try there best to prove..  Pitching one currency against another like the Thai baht and the pound is not pinnacle point you are trying to prove. There are many factors contributing to the Baht and Pound difference. If it was such a huge deal why isn't the Euro and Pound different.

June 2016 1,.32 to the pound. Feb 2019 1.32 to the pound. Blows that theory out of the water.

https://www.ig.com/uk/financial-events/brexit/value-of-the-pound-since-brexit

so why all the moaning about the UK paying more than the small nations,i quoted germany as to get you to take the bait which you did,pound did recover more against the dollar after brexit compared to the euro,what you totally dont seem to grasp is that the pound generally only recovers on news of brexit not happening,there are days when good economic figures are released and it barely rises or even falls because some politician states that a hard brexit or crash out/no deal is likely,its been the same pattern for nearly 3 years,you obviously dont follow the subject,

1 hour ago, malagateddy said:

Wakey wakey please

kinnock making money on EU issue's we can add JRM and BJ to that

Archived