Brexit deadlocked again: British parliament fails to find an alternative

webfact

• Replies 926
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Can we get back on topic.

Anyone seen the Plan B promised by Ress-Mogg, Johnson, Davis, Fox et al?

iam still looking for plan A but maybe farage and his new party will be getting to work on it,will any of the above cowards be joining him?

Theresa May has destroyed the Tory party – and that means Jeremy Corbyn as prime minister

https://www.independent.co.uk/voices/theresa-may-conservative-party-leadership-next-prime-minister-jeremy-corbyn-referendum-a8879151.html

It is only just beginning to sink in how disastrous Theresa May’s failure is for the Conservative Party. The opinion polls have recorded huge drops in Tory support. The most recent from ComRes put the Tories on 23 per cent, which may be an outlier but there is no reason why they should not fall further

13 hours ago, bomber said:

and what are the interest rates? btw the UK isnt too far behind eire and has much larger household debt that cannot go on much longer,£15k per household before mortgages and rising,you seem to forget these stats

Not forgetting anything but the sub-thread was Ireland, which has to pay about 50% of its current income just to service its debt.

9 hours ago, bomber said:

iam still looking for plan A but maybe farage and his new party will be getting to work on it,will any of the above cowards be joining him?

Farage and Batten seem to have the same plan 'A' - code name WTO (and work the rest out later). Given all of the constraints in May's deal/treaty/joke and the obvious reluctance of the EU to negotiate with any good faith for a deal that would be beneficial to both sides, then this plan is probably the only way to leave in the true sense of the word.  

18 minutes ago, nauseus said:

Farage and Batten seem to have the same plan 'A' - code name WTO (and work the rest out later). Given all of the constraints in May's deal/treaty/joke and the obvious reluctance of the EU to negotiate with any good faith for a deal that would be beneficial to both sides, then this plan is probably the only way to leave in the true sense of the word.  

Which would be an absolute disaster for the UK economy and the Good Friday agreement.

Best sticking to the one and only remainer plan, eh?

Which would be an absolute disaster for the UK economy and the Good Friday agreement.

Think you will find that very soon barnier will magically come up with a magical solution re good friday agreement.
The DONALD thro his representative Nancy Pelosi told the eu to SORT IT OUT NOW[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]
Economic disaster if it's NO DEAL ... project fear going into panic overdrive sadly [emoji23][emoji23]

Sent from my SM-G7102 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

12 hours ago, bomber said:

Remain need to get their own house in order before resorting to that malarkey :

The full conference is available via their SM outlets. I didn't have to post the livestream as I knew the target audience knew where to look & were among the tens of thousands that were watching live....

Image result for grouse feather

2 minutes ago, malagateddy said:

Economic disaster if it's NO DEAL ... project fear going into panic overdrive sadly

I think that you'll find that "project fear" has been mis-assigned. Clearly the preserve of brexiteers.

1 hour ago, Spidey said:

As it stands, any economic damage will be to both sides. The EU are prepared for some of their member countries to bear the brunt of this, to punish the UK, as a deterrent, in case other members consider leaving.

The Good Friday agreement was nothing to do with the EU and it should stay that way. The EU bends its own rules when it suits them and should do so this one time when it doesn't - it is not necessary to force the border issue between Eire/NI - it is only an issue because the EU have made it an issue.

No sign of any good faith from the EU - just the opposite. 

3 hours ago, nauseus said:

Not forgetting anything but the sub-thread was Ireland, which has to pay about 50% of its current income just to service its debt.

the irish will be just fine,you should take more interest in the UKs financial woes than worrying about a nation that has caught the UK up in wealth terms over the last 20-30 years

16 hours ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Can we get back on topic.

Anyone seen the Plan B promised by Ress-Mogg, Johnson, Davis, Fox et al?

moggs was all for mays plan had the dup said so,BJ was more or less for it also

3 hours ago, nauseus said:

work the restout later ????  that sounds familiar

1 hour ago, evadgib said:

Remain need to get their own house in order before resorting to that malarkey :

The full conference is available via their SM outlets. I didn't have to post the livestream as I knew the target audience knew where to look & were among the tens of thousands that were watching live....

Image result for grouse feather

remain means remain......as it always did

1 hour ago, nauseus said:

As it stands, any economic damage will be to both sides. The EU are prepared for some of their member countries to bear the brunt of this, to punish the UK, as a deterrent, in case other members consider leaving.

The Good Friday agreement was nothing to do with the EU and it should stay that way. The EU bends its own rules when it suits them and should do so this one time when it doesn't - it is not necessary to force the border issue between Eire/NI - it is only an issue because the EU have made it an issue.

No sign of any good faith from the EU - just the opposite. 

First paragraph 100% correct. Most of us predicted this even before the vote took place.

Second paragraph, not so much. No customs union forces a hard border on Ireland. No other realistic way of dealing with the issue. A hard border invalidates the Good Friday Agreement. Inevitable that it will all kick off again. New IRA have already started their campaign, a shot across the bows of the British Government.

12 hours ago, tebee said:

Theresa May has destroyed the Tory party – and that means Jeremy Corbyn as prime minister

https://www.independent.co.uk/voices/theresa-may-conservative-party-leadership-next-prime-minister-jeremy-corbyn-referendum-a8879151.html

It is only just beginning to sink in how disastrous Theresa May’s failure is for the Conservative Party. The opinion polls have recorded huge drops in Tory support. The most recent from ComRes put the Tories on 23 per cent, which may be an outlier but there is no reason why they should not fall further

brexit was always going to favour corbyn,he's actually played a canny hand just keeping his cards close to his chest and giving no direction,they will certainly get the majority of seats next time if its enough is another thing,these brexiteer dreamers thinking he has no chance need to wake up,believe me Labour have more staunch loyal voters than the tories and any brexit/ukip party come polling day.

5 minutes ago, Spidey said:

First paragraph 100% correct. Most of us predicted this even before the vote took place.

Second paragraph, not so much. No customs union forces a hard border on Ireland. No other realistic way of dealing with the issue. A hard border invalidates the Good Friday Agreement. Inevitable that it will all kick off again. New IRA have already started their campaign, a shot across the bows of the British Government.

but malagateddy and his patriotic pals want 100% out so that means a hard border,maybe he is wanting trouble again so he can start singing no surrender on the terraces,i wonder if he has got the wife singing it in the office????

but malagateddy and his patriotic pals want 100% out so that means a hard border,maybe he is wanting trouble again so he can start singing no surrender on the terraces,i wonder if he has got the wife singing it in the office[emoji3]
Read the news old boy..the Great Donald has told the eu that there will be no trade deal ie..usa and eu trade deal..UNLESS the eu get their finger out and come out with a solution re good friday agreement.
Give you a clue..Nancy Pelosi's statement.
Have a lovely day old boy..I will certainly have one..celebrating Her Majesty's 93rd Birthday.

GOD SAVE THE QUEEN

23 minutes ago, bomber said:

the irish will be just fine,you should take more interest in the UKs financial woes than worrying about a nation that has caught the UK up in wealth terms over the last 20-30 years

You just ignored what I said regarding debt interest payments - up to you - number 27 next please.   

4 minutes ago, malagateddy said:

Read the news old boy..the Great Donald has told the eu that there will be no trade deal ie..usa and eu trade deal..UNLESS the eu get their finger out and come out with a solution re good friday agreement.
Have a lovely day old boy..I will certainly have one..celebrating Her Majesty's 93rd Birthday.

GOD SAVE THE QUEEN

we all know there will be no EU/US trade deal,don doesnt want one and the EU isnt desperate,i doubt the GFA had anything to do with it happening or not happening,got to laff at your "EU get their finger out" seems your happy with our govts hands on approach to solving the deadlock,i know i am

10 minutes ago, nauseus said:

You just ignored what I said regarding debt interest payments - up to you - number 27 next please.   

i doubt any brexitters vote leave because of irelands debt,i dont recall farage mentioning it

we all know there will be no EU/US trade deal,don doesnt want one and the EU isnt desperate,i doubt the GFA had anything to do with it happening or not happening,got to laff at your "EU get their finger out" seems your happy with our govts hands on approach to solving the deadlock,i know i am
It is the ru that is insisting on a solution..they will rapidly come up with one.
The German automobile industry will order them to do so.
Off out now to celrbrate Her Majesty's Birthday
[emoji6][emoji6][emoji6][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji6][emoji6][emoji6]

15 minutes ago, malagateddy said:

He had previously said that there would be no trade deal if we had anything other than a hard Brexit, i.e. no customs union.

No customs union means hard border.

The man's a senile old idiot. Constantly contradicts himself.

3 minutes ago, malagateddy said:

It is the ru that is insisting on a solution..they will rapidly come up with one.
The German automobile industry will order them to do so.

What's the "ru"? Since when did the German automotive industry dictate to the EU? More tinfoil hat conspiracy theories from conspiracy central.

4 minutes ago, bomber said:

brexit was always going to favour corbyn,he's actually played a canny hand just keeping his cards close to his chest and giving no direction,they will certainly get the majority of seats next time if its enough is another thing,these brexiteer dreamers thinking he has no chance need to wake up,believe me Labour have more staunch loyal voters than the tories and any brexit/ukip party come polling day.

Broadly correct, as you probably know I agree with almost all your posts. However 0despite wanting the Labour Party to do well in England ( LP sub office in Scotland is a pathetic disaster) and rejecting the facile characterization of Corbyn as a Marxist, he has sadly been the best servant the Leavers have ever had. Corbyn leading the largest party would not be a disaster compared to the current crowd, if he actually represented LP members instead of being a rather unintelligent puppet of the Trotsky toffs in his politburo. He sadly he was the one man most responsible for losing the referendum with his Europhobia, 50% of LP supporters had no idea what side the LP was on, exactly as vile politburo scum like Seamus Milne intended. 

Archived