Brexit deadlocked again: British parliament fails to find an alternative

webfact

4 hours ago, NanLaew said:

Forget the 'huge areas'. This very real sense of a weakened "advantage, or control" is no more starkly illuminated than by the prevaricating, self-entitled indolence of the current generation of UK parliamentarians. Brussels and Strasbourg has been slowly emasculating the national governments of the EU member nations for decades; that's their whole raison d'être. While Tusk and Juncker wait patiently for Westminster to make up its mind, Macron lashes out as he witnesses French national pride raging against the perpetual weakening and downgrading of his nations global standing and importance.

Only the likes of Ken Clarke and others who have truly 'been there, done that' seem to have any grasp of the stark realities here. It appears that the most common reason to stay being cited by Remainers is, 'If we leave the EU, I won't be able to travel around Europe as easily.'

You have been around long enough to know that truncating posts to deliberately change the context is out of order.

I will give you the benefit of the doubt here, that you did understand the context, didn't like it and tried to introduce your own agenda.

• Replies 926
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most  people and leaver in particular seem to like to stay within their UK comfort bubble. If you want a more impartial view of what is happening in the UK now you need to look from outside as others see us.

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/04/02/opinion/brexit-news.html

Both Conservative and Labour members of Parliament keep voting down one plan after another, looking for the perfect fix, the pain-free exit from the E.U. But there is none, because you can’t fix stupid.

The entire Brexit choice was presented to the public in 2016 with utterly misleading simplicity. It was sold with a pack of lies about both the size of the benefits and the ease of implementation, and it continues to be pushed by Conservative hard-liners who used to care about business but are now obsessed with restoring Britain’s “sovereignty” over any economic considerations.

15 minutes ago, david555 said:

The only pattern I see is your U.K. circling in rounds .

I was referring that as a member the U.K.. voted and even designed E.U. laws .Even in future your H.O.C . has a big job to make many of those become U.K. laws and I assume you can not just rubber stamp them ,U.K. ones  and need to follow your legal procedures …. with at that moment chances for amendments made by different MP's … so you go be buzzy a while …. lucky we as E.u. have nothing to do whit that (hopefully …)

Wishing those poor MP's strength :ermm: 

Them poor MP's as you say are not poor in the wealth sense or in any other. They are self serving and not serving the people or we wouldn't, as you rightly mention' circling in rounds'. They do not represent their constituents (most don't). One good thing from all this, is that people can actually see the way the political system is or certainly represented by the MP's.

So you have MP's who are putting amendments to prevent a democratic referendum result. These parasites should be locked up IMO and are doing a disservice to the UK people and the political system they are supposedly representing.

34 minutes ago, Laughing Gravy said:

If you are taklking of treaties like the Lisbon, Rome and Maastricht treaty yes the people were lied to by PM's and politicians. It is justifiable to rectify a wrong. Hence 17.4 million votes in the referendum. It is a shame the other EU countries who were also lied to and didn't get a chance.

I forgot some did but they either were told to vote again or ignored. Can you see the pattern.

Everything you can't except is simply a lie?? 500 Million people lied to you? Poor man.

12 minutes ago, tebee said:

obsessed with restoring Britain’s “sovereignty” over any economic considerations.

oh, thank you. You can read this in many leading news papers on the continent, they are longing still for their lost empire......"make Britain great again". 

Just now, sawadee1947 said:

oh, thank you. You can read this in many leading news papers on the continent, they are longing still for their lost empire......"make Britain great again". 

It will be Eire who suffers the most from these economic considerations but like they have had for the last number of years they will continue to get handouts. But for how long.

Just now, Laughing Gravy said:

Oh dear my Gaelic isn't up to scratch. Can you say that In English please. Queens English if possible, so I can really comprehend.

next time, sure. I will have to bend down to you though it's aching. In the meantime you have to suffer from my .....pathetic English. And.....remember...I don't have a queen. I prefer her husband's English. He's of German Origin! Heil!

It will be Eire who suffers the most from these economic considerations but like they have had for the last number of years they will continue to get handouts. But for how long.

As long there is EU.......up to United States of Europe with Angela Merkel as Chancellor?

4 minutes ago, Laughing Gravy said:

With you lot its always someone else who will suffer be it italy..spain..eire..germany.. yet all the predictions from anyone neutral say otherwise,your like school kids in a playground yet are supposed to be bulldogs and fighters,will you bubble your eyes out when your dream is over? I think so

3 minutes ago, sawadee1947 said:

next time, sure. I will have to bend down to you though it's aching. In the meantime you have to suffer from my .....pathetic English. And.....remember...I don't have a queen. I prefer her husband's English. He's of German Origin! Heil!

Well you have surpassed yourself. I have better things to do and have a spat with you. Luckily my Irish cousins are a lot less 'cultchy'.  Also whilst patriotic and want a united Ireland, are still intelligent to know that the EU are taking Ireland and the rest of the EU for a ride.

I never said your English was pathetic, that was you.

No you don't have a Queen, you have 5 EU presidents who are quite happy to shaft your countrymen.

8 minutes ago, sawadee1947 said:

As long there is EU.......up to United States of Europe with Angela Merkel as Chancellor?

As you have said  heil. I will add the Ziek.

11 minutes ago, sawadee1947 said:

He's of German Origin! Heil!

You have inadvertently described the EU project. It is the domination of Europe by the Germans. The last time was by the Nazis this time by the EU. Congratulations.

EU are taking Ireland and the rest of the EU for a ride.

who believes this can't be intelligent.

There are laws made by 27, and 27 voters. So everything is going it's democratic way. It's not for an advantage of a specific country but for the benefit of a community.

As you have said  heil. I will add the Ziek.

You have inadvertently described the EU project. It is the domination of Europe by the Germans. The last time was by the Nazis this time by the EU. Congratulations.

well, at that time the majority of Germans voted for a war......and lost. This time the "majority" of British people voted for leave.......and lost (but still fighting)

5 minutes ago, bomber said:

With you lot its always someone else who will suffer be it italy..spain..eire..germany.. yet all the predictions from anyone neutral say otherwise,your like school kids in a playground yet are supposed to be bulldogs and fighters,will you bubble your eyes out when your dream is over? I think so

I feel another bulldog picture coming on. Please don't, you are even annoying remainers, as you make them look bad.

Predictions, we have heard them all before. We are also still waiting for a vast majority to happen after 3 years and after the referendum result. It is tiresome and boring.

Anyway that is my quota for the week already for replying to bomber. I have surpassed my quota of two. I will reply again next week. Promise.

1 hour ago, Laughing Gravy said:

Well you have surpassed yourself. I have better things to do and have a spat with you. Luckily my Irish cousins are a lot less 'cultchy'.  Also whilst patriotic and want a united Ireland, are still intelligent to know that the EU are taking Ireland and the rest of the EU for a ride.

No you don't have a Queen, you have 5 EU presidents who are quite happy to shaft your countrymen.

27 nations being taken for a ride yet none want to get off,spoonies talk to me

59 minutes ago, Laughing Gravy said:

I feel another bulldog picture coming on. Please don't, you are even annoying remainers, as you make them look bad.

Predictions, we have heard them all before. We are also still waiting for a vast majority to happen after 3 years and after the referendum result. It is tiresome and boring.

Anyway that is my quota for the week already for replying to bomber. I have surpassed my quota of two. I will reply again next week. Promise.

iam afraid your not intelligent enough to merit a bulldog picture,but iam temped to award you a union jack onesie though,whats your size?

On 4/2/2019 at 4:12 AM, evadgib said:

He's a remainer which is why I didn't comment.

Here's Mark Francois speaking after the latest ballsup ????

Mark Francois speaks very plainly and to the point, a great fellow in my eyes, but whose the other bloke standing next to him on the first video?

1 hour ago, Laughing Gravy said:

luckily 90% of eire folks (a figure i read recently) want to remain in the EU,its seems your cultchy cousins will have a long wait.

3 hours ago, Laughing Gravy said:

A sensible response is all that was required. I got a stupid one which really confirms what I stated. You are not from the UK. So once again what gives you the right to tell 17.4 million people they are wrong. That is the third time I have asked. if your English language skills were up to scratch and I don't mean just the poor spelling, as it isn't allowed as a criticism on here. You would have been able to work out when someone is asking you are you from the UK and what nationality you are.

I already know but was waiting for some honesty.

I'm from the UK

The 17.4 were wrong

Massively wrong

3 hours ago, Thairealist said:

Treacherouse May is useing every available excuse possible, to not implement the people’s decision. She’s an out and out remainer, from well before the people’s referendum actually took place.

EF13268D-498F-4AFB-8E39-8227ECBE8D92.jpeg

Why can't brexiters learn that Brexit is a crap idea?

The whole world sees this

We are now a laughing stock!

I'm going to get Brexiter dummies made up ready to stick in coach windows!

3 hours ago, Laughing Gravy said:

If you look at the numbers, it looks like Ireland has overtaken the UK significantly.
UK GDP (nominal) per capita 2017:        39,734
Ireland GDP (nominal) per capita 2017:  70,638
If you take the UK as your base, Ireland has a per capita income that is 77% higher.
Every country has the same framework conditions in the EU.
I do not understand why the UK has slipped so much.
Maybe bad UK politicians and bad UK leadership in the past?
How does it look today?
Who should lead the UK after Brexit?

Country Rank IMF[4] 2017 Rank WB[5] 2016
21px-Flag_of_Albania.svg.png Albania 101 4,582 95 4,147
23px-Flag_of_Austria.svg.png Austria 14 47,289 13 44,177
23px-Flag_of_Belarus.svg.png Belarus 88 5,760 88 4,989
23px-Flag_of_Belgium_%28civil%29.svg.png Belgium 18 43,582 17 41,096
23px-Flag_of_Bulgaria.svg.png Bulgaria 73 8,064 71 7,351
23px-Flag_of_Bosnia_and_Herzegovina.svg. Bosnia and Herzegovina 95 5,148 91 4,709
23px-Flag_of_Croatia.svg.png Croatia 44 13,138 56 12,091
23px-Flag_of_Cyprus.svg.png Cyprus 28 24,976 32 23,324
23px-Flag_of_the_Czech_Republic.svg.png Czech Republic 37 20,152 35 18,267
20px-Flag_of_Denmark.svg.png Denmark 9 56,444 8 53,418
23px-Flag_of_Estonia.svg.png Estonia 38 19,840 37 17,575
23px-Flag_of_Europe.svg.png European Union - n/a - n/a
23px-Flag_of_Europe.svg.png Europe - - - 24,969
23px-Flag_of_Finland.svg.png Finland 15 46,016 14 43,090
23px-Flag_of_France.svg.png France 21 39,869 23 36,855
23px-Flag_of_Germany.svg.png Germany 17 44,549 16 41,936
23px-Flag_of_Greece.svg.png Greece 39 18,637 36 18,104
23px-Flag_of_Hungary.svg.png Hungary 51 15,531 51 12,665
21px-Flag_of_Iceland.svg.png Iceland 5 70,332 5 59,977
23px-Flag_of_Ireland.svg.png Ireland 4 70,638 4 61,607
23px-Flag_of_Italy.svg.png Italy 25 31,984 27 26,939
21px-Flag_of_Kosovo.svg.png Kosovo - n/a - 3,661
23px-Flag_of_Latvia.svg.png Latvia 50 15,547 47 14,118
23px-Flag_of_Liechtenstein.svg.png Liechtenstein - n/a - -
23px-Flag_of_Lithuania.svg.png Lithuania 44 16,730 45 14,880
23px-Flag_of_Luxembourg.svg.png Luxembourg 1 105,803 1 102,831
23px-Flag_of_North_Macedonia.svg.png North Macedonia 92 5,474 86 5,237
23px-Flag_of_Malta.svg.png Malta 31 27,250 28 25,058
23px-Flag_of_Moldova.svg.png Moldova 133 2,279 132 1,900
23px-Flag_of_Montenegro.svg.png Montenegro 77 7,647 77 6,701
23px-Flag_of_the_Netherlands.svg.png Netherlands 12 48,345 12 45,295
21px-Flag_of_Norway.svg.png Norway 3 74,940 3 70,813
23px-Flag_of_Poland.svg.png Poland 55 13,822 53 12,372
23px-Flag_of_Portugal.svg.png Portugal 35 21,161 34 19,813
23px-Flag_of_Romania.svg.png Romania 54 12,523 59 9,474
23px-Flag_of_Russia.svg.png Russia 62 10,608 61 8,748
20px-Flag_of_San_Marino.svg.png San Marino - n/a - -
23px-Flag_of_Serbia.svg.png Serbia 87 5,899 84 5,348
23px-Flag_of_Slovakia.svg.png Slovakia 42 20,508 39 16,496
23px-Flag_of_Slovenia.svg.png Slovenia 34 23,654 32 21,305
23px-Flag_of_Spain.svg.png Spain 29 28,358 24 28,523
23px-Flag_of_Sweden.svg.png Sweden 11 53,217 10 51,600
16px-Flag_of_Switzerland.svg.png  Switzerland 2 80,590 2 78,812
23px-Flag_of_Ukraine.svg.png Ukraine 129 2,582 126 2,186
23px-Flag_of_the_United_Kingdom.svg.png United Kingdom 22 39,734 18 39,899

Please remember that any member is welcome to post.   You do not have to be British to post in a Brexit thread,   yo do not have to American to post in a Trump thread.   You don't have to be Catholic to post in a thread about the Catholic Church.   You don't even have to be a Muslim to post in the threads about Islam. 

Continuing to make references to members nationality as a way of discouraging them from posting is trolling and can earn you a warning.  

41 minutes ago, malagateddy said:

Why..I can take the hit to sterling re exchange rateemoji6.png

Sent from my SM-G7102 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Do try and keep up

I give a certain amount of leeway to Brexiters but a little effort in return would be appreciated 

To explain: 

Our contribution to the EU is calculated using a formula with many variables. Historically we have been a net contributor. It's a good thing that richer member countries pay more to help poorer countries, make them more successful and thus increase OUR target market size.

You need a minute to think about that?

Right now, the UK is tending downward economically; certainly behind the curve

I conclude that our net contribution will fall and may go negative.

Pause and think

We may end up a net recipient 

OK now?

5 hours ago, Laughing Gravy said:

A sensible response is all that was required. I got a stupid one which really confirms what I stated. You are not from the UK. So once again what gives you the right to tell 17.4 million people they are wrong. That is the third time I have asked. if your English language skills were up to scratch and I don't mean just the poor spelling, as it isn't allowed as a criticism on here. You would have been able to work out when someone is asking you are you from the UK and what nationality you are.

I already know but was waiting for some honesty.

3 hours ago, sawadee1947 said:

Everything you can't except is simply a lie?? 500 Million people lied to you? Poor man.

3 hours ago Laughing Gravy said

Oh dear my Gaelic isn't up to scratch. Can you say that In English please. Queens English if possible, so I can really comprehend.

Well well Sawadee misspelt "Accept" and wrote "Except", and you picked him up on it. Precisely what you admitted was not allowed on this forum as you stated in your earlier post, above. " Hoist by his own petard" is the relevant expression here I believe. The word "Péter" (mid 16c if you like the Queens English) meant to break wind, which perfectly sums up your contribution to the discussion today.

Note my bold text, and my failure to grasp the multi quote business, I'm working on it.

2 hours ago, Laughing Gravy said:

Before the people’s referedum in 2016, the remain side kept telling us that in the event of Briexit, it would not be impossible for Brits to visit the E.U without a visa. In fact one T.V. Member mentioned that his own daughter had voted for remain on the strength of this threat. Since that date, some remainers have continued to spread this false information.

Now we are informed by the E.u that this threat will not be carried out,and that British citizens will be able to visit the E.u for up to 90 days without a visa. Could this decision be credited to the on going news that many Brits are not intending to visit E.u. countries, thus damaging those countries tourist economy.

UK citizens will not need to apply for a Schengen Visa like many other nationalities. On February 1, 2019, the European Council said: “EU ambassadors today agreed that, following Brexit, UK citizens coming to the Schengen area for a short stay (90 days in any 180 days) should be granted visa-free travel.”

Archived