Brexit deadlocked again: British parliament fails to find an alternative

webfact

1 hour ago, NanLaew said:

The poor(er) just see the same things in a less complex, possibly more pragmatic way.

"Wife: Do you know that the fiver in my purse is buying me less and less these days."

"Husband: Yes dear, it must be all down to that capital flight from our damaged economy thingmie I read on the internet."

Are you a misogynist also?

4 hours ago, Grouse said:

The poor are always fixated on cash. Flight of capital and a seriously damaged economy is way over their heads. Pathetic really.

Fixated? Way over their heads? Try explaining to the wife and children they wont be eating next week and will be homeless because flight of capital and the economy come first.

I'm starting to worry about you!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, NanLaew said:

I could have voiced my disagreement with your "50% isn't democracy" opinion

It really is time some people woke up to the fact that democracy is a methodology in governance and not a numbers game.

Statement by David Davis Nov 2002.

Referendums should be held when the electorate are in the best possible position to make a judgment. They should be held when people can view all the arguments for and against and when those arguments have been rigorously tested. In short, referendums should be held when people know exactly what they are getting. So legislation should be debated by Members of Parliament on the Floor of the House, and then put to the electorate for the voters to judge.

We should not ask people to vote on a blank sheet of paper and tell them to trust us to fill in the details afterwards. For referendums to be fair and compatible with our parliamentary process, we need the electors to be as well informed as possible and to know exactly what they are voting for. Referendums need to be treated as an addition to the parliamentary process, not as a substitute for it.

https://publications.parliament.uk/pa/cm200203/cmhansrd/vo021126/debtext/21126-17.htm

3 hours ago, Patriot1066 said:

Yep I agree they should ever pull the plug or leave I was back in UK two weeks ago I’ve never seen such polarisation since Thatcher and it’s I am afraid going to get worse and unfortunately potentially violent.

The MPs signed up to leave on the 29th and both major parties claimed to suport Brexit unfortunately to put it mildly they lied.

thatcher was great for the UK,she wouldnt stand for idiots climbing on station roofs covered in unionjacks disrupting 1000s of people's lives and she wouldnt stand for your lot polishing up their doc martins ready too smash the local town centre up when brexit is scrapped,spoons windows will of coarse be spared ????????

10 hours ago, Jip99 said:

He can’t answer questions.....

I looked up your question and answered it. I did not respond earlier a statement I considered it a rhetorical question. Now, maybe you could also demonstrate some courtesy and respond to my original question.

7 minutes ago, Grouse said:

I think they have shown great patience and flexibility. What would you have them do!

Help more to shape a positive relationship for all sides rather than create a war of political attrition.

It is the future that matters most to all parties.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

All going according to plan.

Geoffrey Cox risked blowing apart the fragile cabinet truce over an Article 50 extension by suggesting it would be more than “just a few weeks or months” – unless Theresa May and Jeremy Corbyn strike a deal.

The prime minister is still clinging to the hope of carrying out EU withdrawal by 22 May, but Mr Cox acknowledged that hope was fading before a crunch summit of EU leaders next Wednesday.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/brexit-delay-2020-article-50-extension-theresa-may-jeremy-corbyn-a8855651.html

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

It would be interesting to revisit your response to Johnson and Farage hurling insults at EU leaders and members of the European Parliament.

I would never say it was one-sided. Farage has been in the thick of it for years and is probably justified in many of his comments (not all), Boris is most likely a self-serving opportunist.

I have never suffered from myopia but my perception is that the EU never wanted to make this exercise 'easy'.

• Like 2

Of coarse they would..they need our money..but watch for strings attached..eg..compulsary 2nd ref etc.
All Brexiteers should google Sir Patrick Moore.." Britain on the brink"..the eu tried to suppress it..SURPRISE SURPRISE

Donald Tusk has saved the British from themselves, news coming in of EaU offering a 1 year extension.

Sent from my SM-G7102 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

1 hour ago, Jip99 said:

I would never say it was one-sided. Farage has been in the thick of it for years and is probably justified in many of his comments (not all), Boris is most likely a self-serving opportunist.

I have never suffered from myopia but my perception is that the EU never wanted to make this exercise 'easy'.

A well planned negotiating strategy takes into account the probable responses of the other negotiating party.

But of course Brexit never had a plan.

It does however have a constant bleat - ‘it’s all somebody else’s fault!’

• Thanks 2

14 hours ago, bristolboy said:

But that's not at all what the leading Brexiters said. 

The Remainers told us we would be doomed the minute we invoked article 50. Wages up (less EU cheap labour?) Ecconomy growing faster than Germany, unemployment down, national debt down, remains project fear was aparantly untrue.

• Like 2