Brexit deadlocked again: British parliament fails to find an alternative

webfact

28 minutes ago, Grouse said:

Parliament would revoke A50 if necessary 

That would be a dirty trick to us E.U.  :annoyed:...:wink:.....but watch the clock carefully If planning to do so

Edited by david555
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Jip99 said:

I thought it appropriate to encourage my MP to press on with what we voted for....

Dear Dr Coffey

May I just thank you for the consistency with which you have recently voted.

I voted for BREXT because I wanted to leave the EU. I was fully informed by virtue of David Cameron's Chatham House speech and elsewhere.

I was aware that the devil was in the detail and, whilst I expected better cooperation from the EU (and a better performance from our negotiators) I am firmly in favour of leaving; in fact my resolve is probably greater after the treatment we received from the EU hierarchy.

What exactly would you like the EU to do?

What are they failing to do that you want?

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Laughing Gravy said:

Obviously you don't know your history of Ireland. No credible polls are allowed now, after rejecting the Lisbon treaty and told to vote again (an EU Trait). The only ones, are those phone polls with a 1000 respondents.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/europe/2122996/EU-referendum-Ireland-votes-against-Lisbon-Treaty.html

please explain the difference between a credible poll and a non credible pole,iam scratching my head.

• Haha 1

We should wait a year and get our "house" in order.

Get a postponement or revoke A50

Hold a referendum on adopting PR

Hold a GE

Have the new government take a decision and put it to parliament

Ratification by the electorate.

Start massive program of education in UK

Fix our dreadful gini coefficient

Increase corporation taxes

Build infrastructure and affordable housing

Get back respect.

1 minute ago, Grouse said:

Hold a GE

Get back respect.

Please can you do that outside the E.U.  we like to progress with our normal worksheet from now 22 april ...Thanks ????

1 hour ago, NanLaew said:

They probably need to.

ei_uk.jpg.69e26118f4f482eeea58e6fda9a040b8.jpg

your comparing a northern working class city to a capital city full of financial institutions including moggs recently arrived company,i would of thought the 26% would of been nearer 30-40%,a pit like comparing BKK to udon thani 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Grouse said:

The poor are always fixated on cash. Flight of capital and a seriously damaged economy is way over their heads. Pathetic really.

The poor(er) just see the same things in a less complex, possibly more pragmatic way.

"Wife: Do you know that the fiver in my purse is buying me less and less these days."

"Husband: Yes dear, it must be all down to that capital flight from our damaged economy thingmie I read on the internet."

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Grouse said:

Parliament would revoke A50 if necessary 

Then sparks will surely fly! I don’t think they dare it would be worse than a coup. Every area outside London wants to leave on WTO terms so let’s leave.

1 hour ago, bomber said:

your comparing a northern working class city to a capital city full of financial institutions including moggs recently arrived company,i would of thought the 26% would of been nearer 30-40%,a pit like comparing BKK to udon thani 

Please feel free to pick as many random English and Irish comparisons as you chose. The point is Ireland is a bit more expensive.

ei_uk2.jpg.ad631f1b8300cf6950c2ed40e50aaf10.jpg

1 hour ago, bomber said:

i would of thought the 26% would of been nearer 30-40%,a pit like comparing BKK to udon thani  

Just for shits and giggles, here's Bangkok and Udon.

bkk_uth.jpg.6ad5d1caabc8afa75b2362a76aabf78e.jpg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Grouse said:

Hold a GE

Get back respect.

Yes, I can see the 'other 27' happily signing up for that rather prolonged exercise.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

The back-stabbing scummy liars would not do that because it means that they with the exception of a few females would have to grow a pair...if they did..possibility of civil unrest..certainly plenty de-selections.

Then sparks will surely fly! I don’t think they dare it would be worse than a coup. Every area outside London wants to leave on WTO terms so let’s leave.

Sent from my SM-G7102 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

7 minutes ago, malagateddy said:

The back-stabbing scummy liars would not do that because it means that they with the exception of a few females would have to grow a pair...if they did..possibility of civil unrest..certainly plenty de-selections.

Yep I agree they should ever pull the plug or leave I was back in UK two weeks ago I’ve never seen such polarisation since Thatcher and it’s I am afraid going to get worse and unfortunately potentially violent.

The MPs signed up to leave on the 29th and both major parties claimed to suport Brexit unfortunately to put it mildly they lied.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Patriot1066 said:

No we should have left on Freedom day the 29th!

The EU don’t really want us they just want are money like a big piggy bank to raid.

We should leave on WTO terms no one believes the experts with project fear as discredited over the last 3 years.

The only certainty of 'discredited' is Brexit did not happen on 29th March.

• Haha 2

17 minutes ago, Patriot1066 said:

I don’t remember the WTO clause in the referendum.  Given that they elected so many Remainers at the GEneral Election, I have my doubts

9 minutes ago, NanLaew said:

Please feel free to pick as many random English and Irish comparisons as you chose. The point is Ireland is a bit more expensive.

the 17%-25% doesnt bridge the gap of the paddys higher earnings nor take into account household debt which is higher in the UK,currently £15k before mortgages,as for Udon v Bangkok ask that is total rubbish,maybe true for someone living in a cardboard box on suk rd or under a flyover but not to a normal person living an equal lifestyle. 

1 minute ago, StreetCowboy said:

I don’t remember the WTO clause in the referendum.  Given that they elected so many Remainers at the GEneral Election, I have my doubts

The government kindly sent us all a little booklet it told us we would leave all EU institutions including the four foundations of the EU so we would obviously either get a deal or leave on WTO rules

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Patriot1066 said:

The government kindly sent us all a little booklet it told us we would leave all EU institutions including the four foundations of the EU so we would obviously either get a deal or leave on WTO rules

But that's not at all what the leading Brexiters said. 

1 minute ago, Patriot1066 said:

I thought the EU was supposed to bend over backwards to give us a good deal.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

24 minutes ago, NanLaew said:

bkk v u thani,  this site is more accurate.

Cost of Living Comparison Between Udon Thani, Thailand And Bangkok, Thailand.html

5 minutes ago, StreetCowboy said:

I thought the EU was supposed to bend over backwards to give us a good deal.

You know what thought did........planted a feather and thought it would grow into a hen.

• Like 1

Just now, Chomper Higgot said:

Sorry but wrong.

The EU is supposed, at this juncture, to be on its knees begging the UK for a good deal. 

I think they are ; As I heard, their last words were “If you’re gonna go, go now”

when I used to go hitch-hiking, I’d have a general destination in mind, but not much of a plan beyond walking up to the London road and standing with my thumb out.  I’d kind of thought governing a country required more due diligence, though

They will at the last minute...watch for the afD stirring it up big time re german taxpayers becoming the brussels atm for the subsidy junkie eu member countries.
Also watch for the subsidy junkie countries ranting at drunkard..barnier etc to come off their high horse very soon

Sorry but wrong.

The EU is supposed, at this juncture, to be on its knees begging the UK for a good deal. 

• Confused 1