Thai school-meals programme served up as global malnutrition-beater

webfact

2 hours ago, NCC1701A said:

yes we have very healthy chocolate raisin bread and cream filled buns for the main meal, like we serve in our 7/11's. 

Probably more healthy than glyphosate and paraquat contaminated veggies....

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, NCC1701A said:

yes we have very healthy chocolate raisin bread and cream filled buns for the main meal, like we serve in our 7/11's. 

"Ja rup sarapow perm mai Ka ?"   they don't say that very often any more.

Now its "Sai toong mai Ka ?"    always use a bag !! ????

3 hours ago, webfact said:

These projects can be guidelines to end hunger across the world

LoL ...we had school meals in the UK for decades it did nothing to end world hunger..

here is the only thing that can end world hunger............

stop the rampant uncontrolled production of human beings.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, samsensam said:

i was chatting to a friend's daughter the other day, she goes to a top 5 bangkok school and was telling me the food was good, but apparently the toilets are always filthy.

I have yet to see any consistent bathrooms with soap and paper towels, or proper working hand dryers here, not that anyone uses them anyway, which makes you wonder how your food is prepared by workers. 

4 hours ago, justin case said:

seriously? my daughter goes to a private (not international) school, they served school meals till age 12, than they said, for the next years, go buy your food at a food stall they leased to some food seller..... fried chicken or friend egg or boiling hot noodles in PLASTIC cups ...

In this country nobody checks the quality of oils...it might as well be used 100 days straight and being black before changing

I was the only parents complaining, the rest of thai parents saw it as FREEDOM for their children to chose ... 

so this is why I start to cook myself, the lunch in a GLASS lunch box

health and thailand in the same sentence = fraud

Your bitterness is manifesting in every post you make. Hope you can work through it and come out the other side relatively intact.

• Haha 1

Thanawat recently got together with CP, should have read he recently received a large brown bag from them.

The last company anywhere to be concerned about child nutrition, only concerned about making money and control.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, fullcave said:

Hot MSG loaded meals

What's wrong with MSG? It's a perfectly natural ingredient that helps food taste delicious.  It also allows you to use less salt, so lowering sodium intake, and makes nasty tasting green vegetables much more palatable (so children are more likely to eat them).  MSG actually helps promote healthy eating.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

15 hours ago, ocddave said:

I have yet to see any consistent bathrooms with soap and paper towels, or proper working hand dryers here, not that anyone uses them anyway, which makes you wonder how your food is prepared by workers. 

Not to mention how regularly locals dig for gold in their noses. Better not to think about it - and be like many Thais, ignorantly bliss

21 hours ago, Oxx said:

What's wrong with MSG? It's a perfectly natural ingredient that helps food taste delicious.  It also allows you to use less salt, so lowering sodium intake, and makes nasty tasting green vegetables much more palatable (so children are more likely to eat them).  MSG actually helps promote healthy eating.

Gulp. Google "excitotoxin" and get back to us after you've done your research.