Bangkok traffic police revelation: They don't even know the law

webfact

55 minutes ago, Vacuum said:

The guy has parked his bike (surely for some reason). Would it ease your agony if he'd 'rotate' the bike 180°?

And obviously ignoring the guy in the white Honda car driving on the wrong side of the road?

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, webfact said:

They had been found to be on duty directing the traffic and issuing fines but had passed no courses on what was actually right and wrong. 

You don't need to pass courses to get the brown uniform... it just takes money!

3 hours ago, webfact said:

This will mean that from about the end of June the new rules will be in place. 

Hopefully by that time the RTP and its traffic cops will know what they are doing. 

And have some idea of the law. 

I doubt it very much.

15 minutes ago, ebean001 said:

come on folks...you think USA cops know? A special on TV showed they were clueless in a few situations that almost got the city sued.

Well, I look forward to suing the city of Bangkok when a local policeman is clueless in a situation. I’m gonna be rich!

Hopefully this will result in better training of the officers. Sounds like they are sent out to work with insufficient training. Time to improve the standards to western levels. Might improve road safety some if traffic laws were actually enforced! 

20 minutes ago, mejomini said:

Hopefully this will result in better training of the officers. Sounds like they are sent out to work with insufficient training. Time to improve the standards to western levels. Might improve road safety some if traffic laws were actually enforced! 

Unfortunately, I doubt things will ever improve much.

Thailand has become like “the black sheep” of a family, with a teenagers mindset. Everybody will always expect something negative, so no point really trying to improve anything.

It never comes to more than just some statements of planned improvement. And then things fall back to “normal”.

1 minute ago, khunpa said:

Unfortunately, I doubt things will ever improve much.

Thailand has become like “the black sheep” of a family, with a teenagers mindset. Everybody will always expect something negative, so no point really trying to improve anything.

It never comes to more than just some statements of planned improvement. And then things fall back to “normal”.

The only training they have is collecting tea money.

Actually, I have only been in contact and need of the police here twice and have each time received good service.

One of the times, 3 officers were chasing someone who stole my wife’s iPhone. I doubt they would have spent the same time and people on a similar case in another country.

They are not all bad and it really must suck to be a “good” cop here.

What took so long to find that out?  Learning comes from the top for starts might want to notify the captains when they go to lunch or home wear their helmets and have them strapped on too.

When it comes to directing traffic that also starts from the top can't teach if you haven't been taught yourself which is what the system has been all about for decades. Invest in a computer system that does the job for you that would be a good start!

4 hours ago, missoura said:

My first suggestion would be to relearn left and right...

wrong way.JPG

They dont know the law but they be to police training so how do they train them to know the law so what do they teach them there just so how do u come a copper so how long have they knew this

Thailand finds so many ways to "amaze" us. 

If there were logical and sensible tests involved to get one's driving license -- ones that actually confirmed the holder of a license knew the rules of the road, these traffic cops wouldn't need to take special courses to understand their job.  

8 hours ago, sammieuk1 said:

Sure they know the law when the skin colour changes the whiter the shade the more you pay ????

8 hours ago, sammieuk1 said:

Sure they know the law when the skin colour changes the whiter the shade the more you pay ????

What nonsense. I have had several dealings with the police and can only praise their conduct as fair and polite. You seem to try and tar all police to a few who are questionable. I have been here for years so I am sure of what I am talking about. 

Archived