Bangkok traffic police revelation: They don't even know the law

webfact

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 hours ago, Vacuum said:

The guy has parked his bike (surely for some reason). Would it ease your agony if he'd 'rotate' the bike 180°?

Still parked, on the wrong side, facing the wrong direction... in some countries this is illegal.

8 hours ago, johnmcc6 said:

What nonsense. I have had several dealings with the police and can only praise their conduct as fair and polite. You seem to try and tar all police to a few who are questionable. I have been here for years so I am sure of what I am talking about. 

Lucky you there's always one????

Just as most thais, the police have no knowledge about driving right or wrong as they do the same way of driving they complain about. While i was driving already the most thais were in their pampers or even on the back of buffaliws in the village.So i wont let any police man tell me that i was wrong driving!!!!

On ‎4‎/‎3‎/‎2019 at 5:45 PM, khunpa said:

Actually, I have only been in contact and need of the police here twice and have each time received good service.

One of the times, 3 officers were chasing someone who stole my wife’s iPhone. I doubt they would have spent the same time and people on a similar case in another country.

They are not all bad and it really must suck to be a “good” cop here.

There are situations where police will take action, but the road laws are not one of those situations. The laws on the roads are governed by teens, with their speedy noisy motorbikes. And the 'adult teens' driving their pick up trucks seem to remember their good old days. Some farangs just love to imitate the driving on the roads here. Checking for helmets do happen, while this should be the last priority on the list.

But when it comes to murder, theft, rape, assault, the police do take action, and diligently so...

Archived