immigration rules and 65k a month

i know many TV members are panicking about not meeting the new requirements re the 65k a month income dont worry as always their seems to be ways around this. i know at least 3 people that do not meet the requirements of the 65k a month and they have paid visa agents 15,000 baht to get it all sorted out for the years retirement visa pretty much the same as always was, so stop worrying.

• Like 1

Kindly PM me on this maneuver. I meet the requirements, but I recently brought my elderly pops over, who is on a good US federal pension (and global insurance) but has no Thai Bank Account. The local fixers I have been in contact with want THB25k, thus 15k is more palatable. Thanks much ????

Edited by ayahuasca

5 hours ago, ayahuasca said:

Kindly PM me on this maneuver. I meet the requirements, but I recently brought my elderly pops over, who is on a good US federal pension (and global insurance) but has no Thai Bank Account. The local fixers I have been in contact with want THB25k, thus 15k is more palatable. Thanks much ????

Standard price for Bangkok before the recent changes.  May still be that rate, now - I haven't seen reports of a change there.  The "come back in 90-days" (after getting the extension) and prove you still have the money," junk is not being done at CW.

1 hour ago, Tomahawk21 said:
On 4/4/2019 at 5:04 PM, GeorgeCross said:

where is this? did they say how?

pattaya 

I assume the agents on lower Soi Bukow are still going.  That is where the best rates have been reported in the past.  The ones buying TV-adverts will probably cost a bit more.

Edited by JackThompson
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, JackThompson said:

The "come back in 90-days" (after getting the extension) and prove you still have the money,

This does not apply if you are doing the 65k income method. You can spend the whole amount the day it comes in if you want/need to.

• Like 2

On 4/9/2019 at 9:08 AM, wgdanson said:

This does not apply if you are doing the 65k income method. You can spend the whole amount the day it comes in if you want/need to.

I read somewhere on TV that someone using 'combination' of income and money in the bank method was not asked to return 90 days later to verify the money was still in the bank. It is early days yet but that seems attractive. 

1 minute ago, jacko45k said:

I read somewhere on TV that someone using 'combination' of income and money in the bank method was not asked to return 90 days later to verify the money was still in the bank. It is early days yet but that seems attractive. 

But will IO not check when you go to renew that the balance didn't drop below the required amount in the year, and if it did....bye bye!

Just now, wgdanson said:

But will IO not check when you go to renew that the balance didn't drop below the required amount in the year, and if it did....bye bye!

Is there any stated required amount wrt combination? I don't know that there is. 

4 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

Is there any stated required amount wrt combination? I don't know that there is. 

As long as the total, income plus bank money, adds up to more than 800k. So 37.5k per month plus 420k in bank, or say 20k per month plus 560 in bank.

I do not know whether you still have to keep 50% of your bank money all year round, and top it up 2 months before renewal, but someone will know on here. 

Edited by wgdanson
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, wgdanson said:

I do not know whether you still have to keep 50% of your bank money all year round, and top it up 2 months before renewal, but someone will know on here.

My only point was that someone who made a successful combination retirement extension recently posted that there was no mention of returning to show any money was still in the bank. Note this is a one off.  

• Like 2