Tourists 'threatened with death penalty' for taking selfies on beach in Thailand

rooster59

Tourists 'threatened with death penalty' for taking selfies on beach in Thailand

By Danya Bazaraa News Reporter

1_Tourists-in-Thailand-threatened-with-the-DEATH-PENALTY-if-they-take-selfies-on-notorious-airport-bea.jpg

Posing for a photo on the notorious beach

Airport chiefs have expressed concern about people on a popular beach close to Phuket International Airport distracting pilots

Tourists could face being threatened with the death penalty for taking selfies on a beach near a busy airport in Thailand, according to reports.

The beach close to Phuket International Airport is popular with holidaymakers - but people taking pictures while planes take off have reportedly angered airport bosses who say it could distract pilots.

Full story: https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-news/tourists-threatened-death-penalty-beach-14242470

Mirror: 2019-04-06

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, rooster59 said:

Tourists could face being threatened with the death penalty for taking selfies on a beach near a busy airport in Thailand, according to reports.

amazing thailand; pity so often for the wrong reasons

Way to go Thailand, remember, always do everything over the top, banning silly things, threats and intimidations to the only source that brings billions into this country, we get it, Thailand doesn't care much for foreigners, only for their money...

17 minutes ago, rooster59 said:

Airport chiefs have expressed concern about people on a popular beach close to Phuket International Airport distracting pilots

I'm guessing they're worried the pilots also suffer from that infernal smartphone obsession, and are too easily distracted by smiling for the camera, instead of concentrating on their job.

21 minutes ago, Samui Bodoh said:

"...Tourists could face being threatened with the death penalty for taking selfies on a beach..."

This might be the one and only case where I support the death penalty.

Death to all Selfie-Takers!

it is to understand at first or second degree ?

I know what they were trying to do. Get in a pose where it appears that the lady was touching the aircraft. Why not? 

I did something similar in Laos last year.

Can't be too careful in LOS. Although the pilot should have been looking where he was going, not eyeing up the beach babes.

SN851355.JPG

I know what they were trying to do. Get in a pose where it appears that the lady was touching the aircraft. Why not? 

I did something similar in Laos last year.

But can't be too careful in LOS.
SN851355.thumb.JPG.cbf86abc3ca8e827063ae5641a1ffdfd.JPG

Posing touching aircraft? That will be 100,000 baht and a wai, you dirty farang.

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

58 minutes ago, Samui Bodoh said:

"...Tourists could face being threatened with the death penalty for taking selfies on a beach..."

This might be the one and only case where I support the death penalty.

Death to all Selfie-Takers!

I would support the DP for corruption!

29 minutes ago, bert bloggs said:

Thats the way to attract more tourists , why not make them put 400,000 Thai baht in a bank before they can come here ,that would be a good one .

Well done! "lateral thinking" Thai style - probably slatted to be discussed in next government pow wow now! then a commission will be formed......................... :shock1:

Least they should only be using Thai approved and bought selfie sticks & phones which can only be purchased on arrival ????

1 hour ago, rooster59 said:

Tourists could face being threatened with the death penalty

i will decide who lives and who dies.

hot single Chinese women tourists under 28. same Japanese. and all girl KPop groups.   

1 hour ago, bluesofa said:

I'm guessing they're worried the pilots also suffer from that infernal smartphone obsession, and are too easily distracted by smiling for the camera, instead of concentrating on their job.

I was once in the jump seat of a charted jet (BAE 146) coming into Broome, Australia when the pilot decided to do a low pass along Cable beach.

He had a video camera on the dashboard and wanted to get shots of the famous length of sand. I'm not sure how much the nudist section of the beach influenced his decision or concentration.

We landed without incident despite my unease about the constant low terrain warnings. 

Seem to recall St. Marteen was making some changes to their famous airport/beach selfie spot, but haven't closed the area, or invoked the death penalty.

Within the coming months, government officials will reroute vehicular traffic away from the airport runway. A government minister told local news that they then intend to move the airport’s fence further away from where the planes take off.

Although the government minister said there are no plans to shut down the beach to plane spotters, the move signals a change in how tourists will be able to view planes as they take off.

https://www.travelandleisure.com/airlines-airports/sint-maarten-changing-airport-barriers

Archived