Tourists 'threatened with death penalty' for taking selfies on beach in Thailand

rooster59

Some little bit ot but nice story about that airplane in the video (descending plane)

It is plane PH-BFB which is a Boeing 747-400 owned by KLM Royal Dutch Airlines and

began operating in Jun 1989.

And has beared the planename Bangkok / City of Bangkok

You can see that name on the plane in that video

When she got older, it went to a low cost carrier (Corendon) and just got retired in february this year.

Got her retirement place in the front of the Corendon Hotel, near the Airport Amsterdam.

For moving her the highway, that sit between the tarmac and the hotel, was closed for 15 minutes.
A operation planned into the minutes.

Does any know similair story about Thai vleets? I do see some commercial planes 'waiting' at the DMK airport, but only know some militairy planes retiring nice and well on the base.

Judge: Death penalty for you!

Me: But I only made a photo. 

Judge: That's correct, you deserve to die!

Me: But, but, the murderers and rapists etc. only get 1 to 2 years in prison or a 500 baht fine!

Judge: That's correct. A murder or rape isn't that big of a deal.

:blink:

28 minutes ago, lamyai3 said:

From the article:

"The warning was also to protect people's hearing being damaged by aircraft engines, reports said." 

I'm no expert, but wouldn't the death penalty also damage people's hearing?

You would hope that after death they would be allowed to 'rest in peace', and not be subject to any earth-shattering experiences.

2 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

Thailand should beware of being terribly foolish

That's the problem, all these officials are dead serious in their thinking. They really don't see the foolishness.

It just proves how poorly educated some of these people in higher positions, that they are able to make such a comment such as this, I guess the pilots will have proved thier intelligence is greater than those on the ground.  All to common in Thailand.

Well deserved wearing clothing like that
The poor pilot probably thought he had seen a beached whale pointing at him [emoji38]

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, lamyai3 said:

From the article:

"The warning was also to protect people's hearing being damaged by aircraft engines, reports said." 

Not if you faced a firing squad with ear mufflers.

Rooster

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, steve73 said:

You beat me to it, asking this question.

So who would get the death penalty in this shot.  The woman posing for the "selfie", or the guy laying on the sand taking the photo.?

........or the guy who took the photo of the guy taking the photo of the woman posing...? 

It's all very confusing.  Perhaps they should just give the death penalty to ANYONE taking photo's in Thailand (including the go-go bars).

or the guy who took the photo of the guy taking the photo of the woman posing...?

:cheesy: ????

1 hour ago, lamyai3 said:

From the article:

Send in that question together with this: are deaf and hard of hearing people exempted on this prohibition?

8 hours ago, rooster59 said:

and somehow I was lead to believe that we should not quote from unreliable sources.

So may I take it that the Mirror is now known for quality Journalism and verification of topics before publishing? 
In which case I will make it a point the remove them from my not-readable-unless-01-April list.

Are these Airport Chiefs really smart enough to be Airport Chiefs?

Maybe they have never been in an airplane before during takeoff.

When a plane is taking off at speed with the nose of the plane pitched up at a 45+ deg angle what physical configuration of the pilots body would allow the pilot to see the ground or the beach or the girls?

Not even if they were hanging out of the open cockpit window could they accomplish this feat.

2 hours ago, KKr said:

and somehow I was lead to believe that we should not quote from unreliable sources.

So may I take it that the Mirror is now known for quality Journalism and verification of topics before publishing? 
In which case I will make it a point the remove them from my not-readable-unless-01-April list.

Mind you...  mirror got their source from Thailand, Bangkok Post.

It's a policy , set up by BP, I can not put the link here on TV|Nation.

But, do a search and you will find it on BP. Writer : ACHADTAYA CHUENNIRAN
Date of article March 8th

Rgds

• Thanks 1

For those who want to find more information just do a Ding/Kookle/BuckBuckKo search on airport chief Wichit Kaeothaithiam.

Not just mirror came up with this.

“The maximum penalty is the death sentence,” Mr Wichit said.

It is the same as 'maximum fine'

never happen

only lower

..or way over it

10 hours ago, bert bloggs said:

Thats the way to attract more tourists , why not make them put 400,000 Thai baht in a bank before they can come here ,that would be a good one .

Perhaps the beaches look like garbage and they don't want that getting published? Oh...wait...that's the worlds greatest family beach in Pattaya! My bad.

14 hours ago, IAMHERE said:

Distracted ?  Hardly a chance, they only fly on autopilot these days.

Not below 200 feet unless they are doing a cat 1,2 or 3 auto land (which is very rare). Or could it be you don’t know what you’re talking about. 

• Haha 1