Thailand cave: Boys 'sedated with ketamine' during rescue

rooster59

9 minutes ago, Huayrat said:

Basically they were labourers..

Funny, didn't notice your name mentioned for participating in the rescue.

As for the Thai Navy Seals, they played their part as did the tea lady, the noodle seller, the US navy divers, the Aussie Federal Police rescue divers plus hundreds of others. 

Not all hero's wear capes but it seems many TVF members don't have much to do other than being smart-a rses. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, PatOngo said:

I have a feeling it's about foreigners plying drugs to locals. Nasty foreigners!

1 hour ago, Mainhattencitizen said:

The Thais are still having problems with the fact that without the foreign help these kids would have never been rescued.

Why oh why come with stupid, nonsense posts like these.

• Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, Artisi said:

But it's ok, face isn't the governing concern for most foreigners. 

Really?  It certainly seems like it's a big deal for you as you constantly need to point out how it was the foreigners who did everything, foreigners are better than Thais, nothing can happen without the foreigners etc etc.  Make sure the foreigners are credited with everything, but yeah, foreigners don't need face.  Yawn.

Just now, josephbloggs said:

Really?  It certainly seems like it's a big deal for you as you constantly need to point out how it was the foreigners who did everything, foreigners are better than Thais, nothing can happen without the foreigners etc etc.  Make sure the foreigners are credited with everything, but yeah, foreigners don't need face.  Yawn.

..... and you feel the need to put them down.....

It was a collaboration and would not have happened without the expertise of non-Thais.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, josephbloggs said:

As I recall both the British and Australian governments mentioned their citizens' role and gave them high honours on the first available official occasion, months ago

5 hours ago, SammyT said:

This has been reported on for months. 

Other "breaking news" topics TVF will cover today - the sun rose in the east, its smoky in Chiang Mai, and Pattayas beach sucks

This wasn't labelled as breaking news, neither was it a Thaivisa report.

• Sad 1

6 hours ago, lust said:

But this has been speculated before the rescue, and has already been documented and reported on many times.

The difference this time is that this report, published 2 days ago, is confirmation, not speculation as multiple previous "reports" were. 

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, josephbloggs said:

Think you need to check your fact finding a little closer, never once have I criticised the effort made by all in the cave rescue, think you will find I have always defended those involved. Sure I might and rightfully so criticise the hierarchy for their part - but that's a completely different story. 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Just Weird said:

The difference this time is that this report, published 2 days ago, is confirmation, not speculation as multiple previous "reports" were. 

It wasn't speculated by those involved, it was always a statement of fact, well documented if you care to check. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, josephbloggs said:

Seems the comment on face went over your head, but not at all surprising seeing as you needed to comment without reference to the overall content. 

8 hours ago, tuktuktuk said:

There’s some strange taboo about how drugs were used to save these boys. It worked. Why not celebrate it?

To be absolutely frank, the drugging of the boys ( with whatever ) sedative by the highly skilled and professional Doctor from Australia was going to be the ONLY way that would stand some kind of chance of success in getting those kids out of the cave alive.

Many people here on TV have never even been near a Cave, and if they have, it was the show Caves at Cheddar Gorge. The reality of a Cave such as the one the lads were rescued from is probably not even within the realms of the imagination of many here.

if it was my child down there and I was offered the choice of him / her being drugged in order to stand some hope of rescued or not ,I know what choice I would make.

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, Mister Fixit said:

Didn't see yours either, Mr Know-all.  

did you actually look at what was being commented on and the full reply, or do you always like to snip and post a smart arse answer?  - but never mind as it would be a waste of time trying to explain it to you. 

Edited by Artisi

18 hours ago, lust said:

But this has been speculated before the rescue, and has already been documented and reported on many times.

I’m not even sure what the story is about to be honest.

Next to come - Mr Musk's and his up where it hurts submarine - then Mr pedophile, then ... a never ending story ...

17 hours ago, Artisi said:

did you actually look at what was being commented on and the full reply, or do you always like to snip and post a smart arse answer?  - but never mind as it would be a waste of time trying to explain it to you. 

????  ????  ????