Big Joke transfer: Rumors continue to fly as cosmetic surgery doctor scotches involvement

webfact

1 hour ago, bkkcanuck8 said:

This transfer could backfire spectacularly.  The transfer and the public rumours that came as a result of it have come at a very bad time given that the PPRP (PM Prayut who is connected to Prawit; aka supposedly there to reform things) are are not going to want any whiff of corruption in the spotlight -- while their is a question about which coalition eventually becomes the next government.  Big Joke is seen as a cleaner cop doing his job (publicly) which is seen as a change from the ordinary situation.  He also has close connections to Prawit -- and I get the feeling was being groomed to eventually succeed the chief.  If the chief does not have something really damaging on Big Joke, then this whole thing could spiral out of control and lead to his downfall. (IMHO).  A very risky move.  

BJ gets along with the Army not the police.  Thought you might like to know as that complicates the issue. 

Assuming she was boum-bouming somebody well connected or maybe with a few more golden wings, it definately makes sense.

Nobody can tell if the rumour is founded or not. But in Thailand, such a trigger.chain of consequences are fully probable.

But Mr Big Joke is no fool....he can be back.

13 hours ago, Just1Voice said:

I have a suspicion that we may never know the REAL reasons behind this.

Why would you expect to? I don't think the Thai police force has a requirement to report reasons for movement of its personnel to the public. And it's been my observation that all police forces are pretty tight-lipped about internal matters. You'll only hear what the top dog wants you to hear, and I doubt he'll be talking about or telling any "big jokes". 

Perhaps Big Joke just got too big for his britches. 

Edited by Inn Between
Just adding more wisdom. LOL
  • Like 1

For those who may not have caught it...

There's a line of reporting on this topic based OUTSIDE of Thailand that suggests this episode had nothing to do with a transfer or reassignment, and that that is merely a cover for a much more serious issue going on behind the scenes.

If anyone spots BJ driving into or out of police headquarters tomorrow, then we'll basically know that the outside Thailand reporting has been wrong. But if he's missing in action (MIA) from police headquarters tomorrow and thereafter, it will be a pretty good sign that the outside Thailand reporting has been correct.

My personal bet is some version of the outside Thailand reporting is correct, because that would explain the swiftness and totality of the authorities move to basically banish the guy from the public domain, pulling down his Twitter, Facebook accounts, etc etc. Those kinds of things normally would not occur just because of a routine reassignment/transfer.

Edited by TallGuyJohninBKK

15 minutes ago, Inn Between said:

Why would you expect to? I don't think the Thai police force has a requirement to report reasons for movement of its personnel to the public. And it's been my observation that all police forces are pretty tight-lipped about internal matters. You'll only hear what the top dog wants you to hear, and I doubt he'll be talking about or telling any "big jokes". 

Perhaps Big Joke just got too big for his britches. 

......but, but, but Thaigeezers have a RIGHT to know, doncha know.  ????

• Like 1

13 hours ago, SammyT said:

Agreed. The guy was out there getting stuff done, at least. We complain that Thai cops do nothing, and then we someone like him steps up and does stuff, we complain that he's hogging the limelight

The only complaint that I have is his "making things easier for expats to stay here" statement, and his contradictory statement and actions a week later!

1 hour ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

There's a line of reporting on this topic based OUTSIDE of Thailand that suggests this episode had nothing to do with a transfer or reassignment, and that that is merely a cover for a much more serious issue going on behind the scenes.

If anyone spots BJ driving into or out of police headquarters tomorrow, then we'll basically know that the outside Thailand reporting has been wrong. But if he's missing in action (MIA) from police headquarters tomorrow and thereafter, it will be a pretty good sign that the outside Thailand reporting has been correct.

My personal bet is some version of the outside Thailand reporting is correct, because that would explain the swiftness and totality of the authorities move to basically banish the guy from the public domain, pulling down his Twitter, Facebook accounts, etc etc. Those kinds of things normally would not occur just because of a routine reassignment/transfer.

I agree  raawyH (hundred) %!!!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, marcusarelus said:

BJ gets along with the Army not the police.  Thought you might like to know as that complicates the issue. 

Or makes it easier - depending on your standpoint!

"Big Joke transfer: Rumors continue to fly as cosmetic surgery doctor scotches involvement"

Don't tell me that nobody thought that this was about BJ getting a new surgically enhanced profile/appearance?

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, observer90210 said:

Assuming she was boum-bouming somebody well connected or maybe with a few more golden wings, it definately makes sense.

Nobody can tell if the rumour is founded or not. But in Thailand, such a trigger.chain of consequences are fully probable.

But Mr Big Joke is no fool....he can be back.

Anyone who keeps getting lifesize posters of himself and posing with them for the media is either a fool or a simpleton. Take your pick.

18 minutes ago, sambum said:

"Big Joke transfer: Rumors continue to fly as cosmetic surgery doctor scotches involvement"

Don't tell me that nobody thought that this was about BJ getting a new surgically enhanced profile/appearance?

At first glance, I thought maybe he had become a she.

1 hour ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

Very serious, very serious so a little dicky bird has mentioned. Deep upto his nostrils. Don’t think the mainstream news will ever be allowed to cover this with the truth. 

19 hours ago, SammyT said:

Agreed. The guy was out there getting stuff done, at least. We complain that Thai cops do nothing, and then we someone like him steps up and does stuff, we complain that he's hogging the limelight

The problem with "getting stuff done" means after deporting all the bad farangs & people of the wrong colour you start to turn your attention to your own natives !

Thinking back to all the "massage parlours, karaoke bars, drugs busts" etc etc that he's raided or closed down he's severely hitting the pockets of some influential people !

Tolerance has a very low tipping point when it hits the pocket in the LOS.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

Those kinds of things normally would not occur just because of a routine reassignment

After surgery Miss J is expected to return to work on Tuesday. 

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

Well, the morning's news at least suggests some of the outside Thailand reporting may have been wrong. Have to wait until Wednesday or whenever now...

He apparently did show up for work this morning at Police HQ... so there's that!

19 hours ago, Eric Loh said:

Smart to keep away as this fight is beyond him and even his mighty 44. 

The PM has been given his "instructions" IMHO.

And perhaps by doing so, the Army has wrestled back control from the Police (who incidentally, I understand, outnumber the Army in personnel)?

Edited by lvr181
Correction