Video: Why motorcyclists should not stop right in front of large trucks

webfact

3 hours ago, Vacuum said:

I can agree with this. However, if you look at the pics, the mc rider is waiting for traffic/red light to clear. Meaning that he was at the intersection long before the truck turned up. There's no way the truck driver could not have seen him.

Book him, throw keys (and his mobile phone).

You presume too much without knowing facts.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Vacuum said:

I can agree with this. However, if you look at the pics, the mc rider is waiting for traffic/red light to clear. Meaning that he was at the intersection long before the truck turned up. There's no way the truck driver could not have seen him.

Book him, throw keys (and his mobile phone).

Sorry NO... it does not mean he was at the intersection long before the truck arrived... I've seen it at almost every traffic intersection I have ever stopped at, a car/truck stops at the red light, then slowly but surely motorcycles creep alongside & push themselves out in front because they can't wait 5 seconds behind the first vehicle. I expect this is the case here, truck is stationary, motorcycle arrives after and goes to the front, truck driver didn't see him arrive or cannot see him or isn't even looking for him in front!

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, ChiangMai101 said:

image.png.035f4a70c6935b7fd26ef083bf71f09a.png

This is a good reminder of how many blind spots there are around heavy vehicles.

Source: https://saaq.gouv.qc.ca/en/road-safety/behaviours/blind-spots/visibility-around-heavy-vehicles/

Even more reason to be careful and professional 

Oh, forgot this is Thailand, do as we like.

The truck driver needs to go to jail now.

he had easy visibility of the bike in front,

but decided to just go with out looking again.

Pigs of the road. all day long here.

and cops do F all, as usual.

it will only get worse, before better.

Trucker pigs of Thailand. 

Edited by stanleycoin
  • Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Vacuum said:

The bike rider was in front of the truck, how could he not be seen?

When your windshield is full of crap and amulets and you’re on your phone, it’s tough to see.

10 hours ago, mercman24 said:

all these comments have any of you driven a big truck ? i very much doubt it by your comments, that is why you will see UK trucks with mirrors for this very purpose, stop posting stuff you know nothing about, car drivers.

I agree, having driven some large vans, I can assure you that is is easily possible for a motorcycle to sneak into a blind spot while the driver is scanning his multiple other mirrors

3 hours ago, Maybole said:

I agree, having driven some large vans, I can assure you that is is easily possible for a motorcycle to sneak into a blind spot while the driver is scanning his multiple other mirrors

Think that was a Typo,  did you mean scanning his phone ?

I pull up to the line awaiting the green light. Idiot, selfish ,helmet-less knuckle-headed unlicensed noisy motorcyclists position themselves just in front of my bumper and have a quick look at their mobile as they also wait.  Lorry drivers, with their ecclesiastical nick-knacks hanging from the rear view mirror, 5 years of expired tax stickers neatly pasted across the windscreen, a curtain across the width of the  lower half of the windscreen, numerous stickers and umpteen mirrors blocking the edges of the screen couldn't give a damn. Traffic police are happy to these stupid motorcyclists and lorry drivers around the roads so what hope is there for an improvement in road safety ? The attached photo just one example !!

zl.JPG