Makro celebrates 30 years in Thailand

webfact

Makro celebrates 30 years in Thailand

By The Nation

657ed091ae9ebac5c8f1554b3dcf0678.jpeg

Suchada Ithijarukul, group CEO of Siam Makro Plc, during the press briefing on Wednesday.

Stepping into its 30th year of operations, Makro said the financial highlights of 2018 was an increase of 3.3 per cent in revenue and its determination to strive for the Makro 4.0 era.

Makro said it aims to modernise its organisation by connecting its online and offline channels, along with promoting its six key goals in business

Suchada Ithijarukul, group CEO of Siam Makro Public Company Limited, said: “Makro still upholds our vision to be the number one food solution provider for professional customers by offering a full assortments of quality products at low prices – affirming our position as a trusted partner for our customers nationwide.”

She said the firm prioritised food safety, strengthened sustainable and ethical sourcing and reduced environmental impact. 

“Thailand has 129 Makro stores. These can be divided to 79 Makro Classic stores, 25 Makro Food-service stores, 13 Eco Plus stores, five Makro Food shops, and seven Siam Frozen shops. The company has also branched out overseas to eight countries in Asia,” said Suchada.

Makro’s total revenues in the fiscal year 2018 attained an increase of 3.3 per cent compared to the previous year due to a sustained growth of the Thai economy in the first quarter of 2018, as well as the growth of tourism.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/detail/breakingnews/30367490

thenation_logo.jpg

-- © Copyright The Nation 2019-04-11

11 minutes ago, shady86 said:

How about investment in non cash payment methods. Stuck in queue for 30 mins last week due to cashier taking 20 mins to count 400 pcs of 20B notes. 

11 minutes ago, shady86 said:

How about investment in non cash payment methods. Stuck in queue for 30 mins last week due to cashier taking 20 mins to count 400 pcs of 20B notes. 

I had the same a few years back 11,000 Baht of 20's !!  It would help if the cashier didn't count them 3 times.

No problem Mom & Pop shops doing that but they should change their small notes at information first. In the UK small notes/coin have a limit on what you can legally tender i.e 'silver' 5/10 p's can be refused over £ 5.

The worst bakery in Thailand, hands down.

Eating Makro bread is like eating a Fisher Price toy. Big C would be haute cuisine in comparison.

Edited by Pravda

3 hours ago, johng said:

Makro 4.0. Maybe they could except debit/credit cards ?

And maybe they can stock the shelves after hours instead of blocking/closing half the aisles during open hours

• Like 1

Opinions are generally formed from one's perspective, with interestingly, small details and nit picking taking precedence here it seems. For those with f&b businesses that really benefited from countrywide store openings in the noughties, it was a godsend and perhaps we have a different take on the biz with favourable appreciation.......

2 minutes ago, bojo said:

Opinions are generally formed from one's perspective, with interestingly, small details and nit picking taking precedence here it seems. For those with f&b businesses that really benefited from countrywide store openings in the noughties, it was a godsend and perhaps we have a different take on the biz with favourable appreciation.......

Very often, positive feedback can help/encourage a business to improve.

Sounds like have a adopted the Thai trait of not being interested in listening to advice, rather treat it as criticism and a failing.

What is an f&b business ?

• Like 1

11 hours ago, faraday said:

Bit expensive, considering the quantities they buy.

And the Makro song, I can hear it now:

????"Makro, Makro oh oh oh oh ohh'????

Drives me crazy.

:crazy:

You have examples of how expensive it is? 

I know many shop owners and restaurants owners who shop at Makro.

Maybe it is expensive for you, but business owners certainly seem to like it....

Seriously, if you cannot afford Makro then.........

Edited by bkk6060

10 hours ago, johng said:

Makro 4.0. Maybe they could except debit/credit cards ?

They do, Thai issued cards from Citi are accepted.

10 hours ago, fruitman said:

And maybe they could just hang a pricetag on things like a netted kg of onions so we don't have to wait in the queue to scale them.

They do, most netted items have a barcode.

9 hours ago, toenail said:

I think Makro should have a line for customers buying 20 items or less. 

They do, although it may be 10 or less and it's cash only.

10 hours ago, fruitman said:

And maybe they could just hang a pricetag on things like a netted kg of onions so we don't have to wait in the queue to scale them.

Time all Thai Supermarkets did this, just a pain to have to keep getting things weighed !

2 hours ago, bkk6060 said:

You have examples of how expensive it is? 

I know many shop owners and restaurants owners who shop at Makro.

Maybe it is expensive for you, but business owners certainly seem to like it....

Seriously, if you cannot afford Makro then.........

Comprehension's not your strong point?

Re read the first line of my post, & all should become clear - even to you.

:thumbsup: