EU leaders agree Brexit delay until October: diplomats

webfact

4 minutes ago, evadgib said:

- All the better to purge Bercow, May & all dishonorable members that went against their constituents/manifesto/A50 pledge.

- They won't in our lifetime.

UK can eventually expect to see the English finally getting their own Parliament & FM and PR becoming the norm in UK politics.

If there is going to be an election, or indeed a referendum. I do hope we learn of it soon.

I’ll certainly head to the UK to join the campaigning.  So much more proactive than simply bleating here on TVF.

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, elmrfudd said:

a shining example of yet another government refusing to do the task the voters want.

Google knows everything, so…  https://whatukthinks.org/eu/opinion-polls/uk-poll-results/  

Seen so many, who told: do not know - do not vote, better the UK is thrown out of the EU, to experience what Brexit means. For me.. Friday 12 April.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

If there is going to be an election, or indeed a referendum. I do hope we learn of it soon.

I’ll certainly head to the UK to join the campaigning.  So much more proactive than simply bleating here on TVF.

What possible difference would your (neither Brit or EU) presence make?

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, evadgib said:

- All the better to purge Bercow, May & all dishonorable members that went against their constituents/manifesto/A50 pledge.

- They won't in our lifetime.

UK can eventually expect to see the English finally getting their own Parliament & FM and PR becoming the norm in UK politics. Anything less is no longer acceptable.

I totally agree with you on PR rather than FPTP, even if it means sad one issue fringe parties like UKIP getting seats. It is better to subject minority parties to public scrutiny, than have them going nutty with their conspiracy theories in the darkness. The  PR argument is made again and again when the party with the largest vote gets a smaller number of seats. The problem is that it has never been in the interests of Labour or Tories to adopt PR.

As for another general election at the moment why would that happen, the Tories stand to loose quite a number of seats. A GE mid term requires a 2/3 majority in the house. Even the Tories that hate May are hardly likely to vote to lose their jobs.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Aforek said:

It's UK who asks extension ( and they make problems for the other 27 countries )

it was decided mars 2019 three years ago, but because of UK itself we must wait 6 more months for the end of this comedy 

as we say in French, you want the butter and the money of butter ( I don't know the expression in English ) 

Bonjour mon ami , the phrase I think you are looking for is have your cake and eat it.....fraternal greetings.

• Like 1

Very disappointed in the EU, should not have granted the extension. Moaning, ungrateful countries should not be given this much leeway. The EU does not need Britain and will thrive without them and they should have shown this by saying close the door behind you o and get out.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Johnyo said:

Very disappointed in the EU, should not have granted the extension. Moaning, ungrateful countries should not be given this much leeway. The EU does not need Britain and will thrive without them and they should have shown this by saying close the door behind you o and get out.

Not exactly true.  A no-deal Brexit would hurt everyone, UK and EU alike.

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, Johnyo said:

It's the Irish border.

1 minute ago, welovesundaysatspace said:

Does anyone still believe Brexit will happen some day? 

getting more and more unlikely seeing has how no one has been able to  come up with a way to do it we can all agree on.

The eu made it clear..exactly who do you think the eu are??
Far as I'm concerned..they can go forth and multiply big time

1. Legally, the obligation will not vanish when you don’t pay. That would be nice indeed; I could just sign up for gym contracts and subscriptions but wouldn’t have to pay. 

2. In practice, the EU already made clear that not signing the withdrawal agreement will just delay the payment of the 39bn to the next round of negotiations (the future relationships). 

So, at the end of the day, the whole fuss about not paying is theory and wishful thinking. 

Sent from my SM-G7102 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

• Haha 1

C/h..may I ask you why some non British people love to post so much on a subject that is very dear to British peoples hearts.??
Could you possibly enlighten us Brits.????

I agree entirely on a).

On b) I agree on compulsory voting but I doubt you’ve thought through what PR would deliver.

If a) happens c) is not going to happen.

I agree entirely with your closing comment, though I understand we don’t agree on the causes.

Sent from my SM-G7102 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

• Like 1