Stamp into new passport

Having got a new passport and a form supplied by the passport office with regard to putting my extension stamp into the new passport I have been unable to find out looking through the forum as to whether there will be any other forms I will need to fill in at immigration ? 

UbonJoe tends to be the person to ask, any info gladly received. 

Ive just done it. Was pretty easy. There is a simple form you will need to complete at IO and copies of a few different pages of your old passport. Cant remember which ones as she sent me out on the fly a few times. Whole process took about 15 mins.

She made a dogs breakfast of it however. Firstly she put the wrong stamp on it then used white out. Then she put my stay until date as last year, scribbled that out. After checking wen I got home the stay until date is a month later than my old passport so I reckon shes ballsed that up to.

I had a similar (but not as bad as this mass <deleted> oop) error in my last passport visa stamp. Something crossed out and redone. Initialed of course but whos to say whos name it is. Had a few double takes and delays over that. Can only imagine what issues this will cause re entering the country in the future

This is the form but some offices my have their own form. Transfer Stamps To A New Passport

You will need copies of the photo page of you new passport. Copies of you old a passport photo page, visa/entry stamp, most recent entry stamp and extension of stay. Some offices may want a copy of every page that has a stamp or visa for Thailand on it.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

This is the form but some offices my have their own form. Transfer Stamps To A New Passport

You will need copies of the photo page of you new passport. Copies of you old a passport photo page, visa/entry stamp, most recent entry stamp and extension of stay. Some offices may want a copy of every page that has a stamp or visa for Thailand on it.

Many thanks.

One question, when you say copies of photo page, is 1 copy of each OK ?

Edited by berybert

I live in Phuket.
On Jan. this year, I got new passport form embassy of my home country
in Bangkok. And also I got a letter of embassy about new passport.
On Feb. this year, I did two thongs at the same time in Phuket,
transfer stamp to new passport and 1 year extension of retirement.

At that time, I used this Phuket form.
http://www.phuketimmigration.go.th/downloads/download/img050.jpg

This form will be good for Bangkok.
https://forum.thaivisa.com/applications/core/interface/file/attachment.php?id=439177
"BANGKOK IMMIGRATION DIVISION" is on this form.

So if you are not in Bangkok or Phuket, I recommend to use this form.
https://www.immigration.go.th/download/1486548856727.doc

At that time, Phuket officer requested me to make 2 copies of both
old and new passport.
I was told that "Stamp transfer and extension is two different thing.
One copy for each."
So if you are to do stamp transfer only, only one copy will be enough.
But each office might have each local rule.

Other papers, such as TM-7, bank letter and some others for extension,
only one is required.

Edited by XD1 at Phuket

I jump on here instead of open a new post. When I get my new passport in my hand my plan is a few days later leave

Thailand and well my retirement extension will then ofc be canceled. My question is will I get some issue

when leaving the country? I bring both old and new passport I just want to save time to not move extension to a new passport

as I will not stay more anyway and save a page in a new passport. It will be a few days between collect new passport to I leave.

3 minutes ago, INV said:

I jump on here instead of open a new post. When I get my new passport in my hand my plan is a few days later leave

Thailand and well my retirement extension will then ofc be canceled. My question is will I get some issue

when leaving the country? I bring both old and new passport I just want to save time to not move extension to a new passport

as I will not stay more anyway and save a page in a new passport. It will be a few days between collect new passport to I leave.

No problem.

Show both passports, they stamp an exit stamp in the new passport.

Use the new passport for entry into another Country.

7 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

Some offices may want a copy of every page that has a stamp or visa for Thailand on it.

When I transferred my retirement extension and re-entry permit to my new passport here in Chiangmai, they asked for a copy of every single page of the old passport (including non-Thai visas and stamps).  Just in case they ask for it, perhaps wise to take a full set of photocopies of the old passport.

9 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

When I did my stamps from old to new I had to get a letter from embassy to prove it was my new passport luckily my agent had one 

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/12/2019 at 7:41 AM, ubonjoe said:

I got a new passport when I was back in the UK in March. I arrived at Swampy on Sunday 21 April, and presented my old passport along with my new passport to the IO. All went well, albeit it did seem to take quite a time for her to process things.

The day after, I went to Immigration at Soi 5, Jomtien, to ask them to transfer over the stamps into my new passport. They needed:

Signed photocopies of:

* the photo pages from both passports;

* the TM6 departure card;

* the entry stamp in my new passport;

* the original visa;

* all subsequent extensions.

A straightforward form to be completed asking for the transfer.

A letter from the British Embassy requesting the transfer be done. Fortunately, I was aware of this from reading this forum, and had obtained the letter several weeks ago. It was sent to me as a pro-forma, leaving me to fill in the blanks.

Many thanks for the info on this forum, which led to me being properly prepared and having no nasty surprises.

18 minutes ago, Bazle said:

A letter from the British Embassy requesting the transfer be done. Fortunately, I was aware of this from reading this forum, and had obtained the letter several weeks ago. It was sent to me as a pro-forma, leaving me to fill in the blanks.

Did you keep a copy of the pro forma letter?

I asked the Australian embassy if I needed a letter and they told me they don't do them. All they do is put a stamp in the old passport saying the passport is no longer valid but any visas are still valid. Is in English of course so probably of no use to anyone here. Immigration didn't ask me for a letter from the embassy 

1 hour ago, Bazle said:

I got a new passport when I was back in the UK in March. I arrived at Swampy on Sunday 21 April, and presented my old passport along with my new passport to the IO. All went well, albeit it did seem to take quite a time for her to process things.

The day after, I went to Immigration at Soi 5, Jomtien, to ask them to transfer over the stamps into my new passport. They needed:

Signed photocopies of:

* the photo pages from both passports;

* the TM6 departure card;

* the entry stamp in my new passport;

* the original visa;

* all subsequent extensions.

A straightforward form to be completed asking for the transfer.

Many thanks for the info on this forum, which led to me being properly prepared and having no nasty surprises.

I went prepared to Udon Immigr first thing this morning.

The IO I got the short straw for must have had a bad night. He managed to get rid of his first customer in two minutes.

I was second in his queue. I asked him to transfer my stamps into a new passport. Presented him with old and new two passports, UK embassy letter, Immigration form as per UJ sent a link to yesterday.

I hadn't replaced TM6, TM28, TM30, yellow 90 day receipts into the new passport, but had them all ready to let him sort them out.

He brushed aside all the paperwork that needed stapling into the new passport, took my two passports and the  embassy letter. He threw the Immigration form across the desk back at me and barked for me to "Come back at one or two o'clock and pay 500 Baht."

I asked if I could have a receipt for my two passports. He grunted and walked off. I took that as a 'no'.

Went home. An hour later a woman who said she was from Udon Immigr. phoned asked if I still had my old passport?

I told her the IO had taken both of them. There was a pause of a quite while before I heard her say, "Oh. he's put the other passport somewhere else. I've found it now. Come back before midday and collect it."

Went in again at 11:30 and after a nice IO prodded Mr Grumpy and told him I'd come for my passport, he almost cracked a smile after he'd got my 500 Baht.

Everything transferred, used up two full pages in the new passport to do it.

It's the first time I've ever had to deal with a pissed-off IO. I've had some who wouldn't process applications until they had more documentation, but al least they explained why without being miserable about it.

10 minutes ago, bluesofa said:

I went prepared to Udon Immigr first thing this morning.

The IO I got the short straw for must have had a bad night. He managed to get rid of his first customer in two minutes.

I was second in his queue. I asked him to transfer my stamps into a new passport. Presented him with old and new two passports, UK embassy letter, Immigration form as per UJ sent a link to yesterday.

I hadn't replaced TM6, TM28, TM30, yellow 90 day receipts into the new passport, but had them all ready to let him sort them out.

He brushed aside all the paperwork that needed stapling into the new passport, took my two passports and the  embassy letter. He threw the Immigration form across the desk back at me and barked for me to "Come back at one or two o'clock and pay 500 Baht."

I asked if I could have a receipt for my two passports. He grunted and walked off. I took that as a 'no'.

Went home. An hour later a woman who said she was from Udon Immigr. phoned asked if I still had my old passport?

I told her the IO had taken both of them. There was a pause of a quite while before I heard her say, "Oh. he's put the other passport somewhere else. I've found it now. Come back before midday and collect it."

Went in again at 11:30 and after a nice IO prodded Mr Grumpy and told him I'd come for my passport, he almost cracked a smile after he'd got my 500 Baht.

Everything transferred, used up two full pages in the new passport to do it.

It's the first time I've ever had to deal with a pissed-off IO. I've had some who wouldn't process applications until they had more documentation, but al least they explained why without being miserable about it.

500 baht seems like a very reasonable fee for doing his job.

2 hours ago, bluesofa said:

It's not a fee. It's supposed to be free.

Did you provide all the necessary photocopies? 

If not, maybe the 500 could be construed as a service charge. 

59 minutes ago, Bazle said:
3 hours ago, bluesofa said:

It's not a fee. It's supposed to be free.

Did you provide all the necessary photocopies? 

If not, maybe the 500 could be construed as a service charge. 

There were no copies required. Even if there were, how many hundred (even thousand) copies would you need for 500 Baht?

Did my stamp into the new passport on Tuesday. Seemed to take forever to get seen, but it all honesty it was about 2 and a half hours. It doesn't help that you get people in the queue who don't have a clue what they are meant to have on them and tend to come and go every 20 minutes for 1 to 2 hours. 

Just gave photocopies of passport pages with stamps on and new passport + old passport main page.

The copy of the form that UbonJoe copied onto the thread and the one given to me by the passport office. 

No need for anything else.

No money asked for or given. It's meant to be a free service. 

2 pages of the new passport used up already !!!

• Thanks 1

Can you take your letter and have the stamps transferred at an immigration aside from the one you use for renewal. I.E. even though I normally extend at Chaeng Wattana, can I simply get the transfer done at Nakhon Pathom immigration?

2 minutes ago, zydeco said:

Can you take your letter and have the stamps transferred at an immigration aside from the one you use for renewal. I.E. even though I normally extend at Chaeng Wattana, can I simply get the transfer done at Nakhon Pathom immigration?

You have to do the stamp transfer at the office where you applied for your extension.