U.S. charges Assange after London arrest ends seven years in Ecuador embassy

webfact

21 hours ago, evadgib said:

The Home Sec was asked about costs in the commons and replied along the lines of trying to recoup some/all from wikileaks/supporters of Assange. I cannot remember the exact wording but the die-hards will find it on YT or Hanzard.

Ha! yes ????

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, dick dasterdly said:

Meanwhile we have Assange and his supporters being proven right - it was all about extraditing him to the US.....

As soon as he was accused of rape by 2 ( ! ) women, it was rather obvious.

I hope they are treating him well.

22 hours ago, evadgib said:

"The Home Sec was asked about costs in the commons and replied along the lines of trying to recoup some/all from wikileaks/supporters of Assange. I cannot remember the exact wording but the die-hards will find it on YT or Hanzard."

What is "Hanzard"?

1 hour ago, dick dasterdly said:

Disagree as I think many posters really are so brainwashed by MSM, that they believe the rubbish they are spouting.....

Indeed.

The 24/7/365 cradle to grave propaganda is all pervasive and no matter how over the top it passes and sheeple buy it.

Glenn Greenwald -

"Everything MSNBC and Malcolm Nance claims here is false even if you believe every word of the indictment.... MSNBC will never retract or correct it because it pays Nance to lie..."

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/D4ExJNxX4AExkJB.jpg

"Any dictator would admire the uniformity and obedience of the U.S. media."

- Noam Chomsky

`

Edited by JimmyJ

1 hour ago, dick dasterdly said:

Disagree as I think many posters really are so brainwashed by MSM, that they believe the rubbish they are spouting.....

MSM, oh boy had to go to Google to find out what it was, can not be that bad, Holland and Barrett sell it.

39 minutes ago, JimmyJ said:

"The Home Sec was asked about costs in the commons and replied along the lines of trying to recoup some/all from wikileaks/supporters of Assange. I cannot remember the exact wording but the die-hards will find it on YT or Hanzard."

What is "Hanzard"?

Hansard...

Referring to the claims made Evadgib regarding that the Home Sec claiming costs from WikiLeaks I can find no reference to it in Hansard account of the Home Secretary's report to the Commons shortly after JA's arrest on Thursday, maybe evadgib can find...

https://hansard.parliament.uk/commons/2019-04-11/debates/0650F0B8-1D1E-4FD5-8E6D-9A94FE112986/ArrestOfJulianAssange 

• Thanks 1

42 minutes ago, Basil B said:

Hansard...

Referring to the claims made Evadgib regarding that the Home Sec claiming costs from WikiLeaks I can find no reference to it in Hansard account of the Home Secretary's report to the Commons shortly after JA's arrest on Thursday, maybe evadgib can find...

https://hansard.parliament.uk/commons/2019-04-11/debates/0650F0B8-1D1E-4FD5-8E6D-9A94FE112986/ArrestOfJulianAssange 

Thanks; Contained within your link:

How much has the police operation guarding the embassy cost, and is there any prospect of recovering any of this money—perhaps from Mr Assange’s celebrity backers?

That is an interesting suggestion from my right hon. Friend as regards cost recovery. Up to 2015—the figures I have are for up to 2015—the police operation cost an estimated £13.2 million.

HS's tone suggested he liked the idea but it could well have been politico-doublespeak.

Don't shoot the messenger! ????

Edited by evadgib

On ‎4‎/‎14‎/‎2019 at 5:32 PM, JimmyJ said:

What is "Hanzard"?

I'd love to hear the relevant police ministers justify the cost of having police stationed outside the embassy for ?years to do what exactly? Meanwhile, the long suffering taxpayers were subject to criminality because those police were not doing their proper job.

It all goes to prove that the government is filled with <deleted>s.

20 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

I'd love to hear the relevant police ministers justify the cost of having police stationed outside the embassy for ?years to do what exactly? Meanwhile, the long suffering taxpayers were subject to criminality because those police were not doing their proper job.

It all goes to prove that the government is filled with <deleted>s.

They weren't to know how long he'd be in there or that he wouldn't be spirited away like Karshoggi's killers were.

• Like 1